PDA

View Full Version : Gohan SSJ I think not

Yoh Asakura
8th February 2004, 06:06 AM
As all of those who watch DBZ know, Gohan lets the Supreme Kai raise his power lever in order to defeat Buu.

Well, Kai says to Gohan in order to release his new powers all he has to do is power up like he does into SSJ.

So he does and for the first time we see Mystic Gohan and he looks normal, which means that Gohan no longer turns SSJ, instead of turning SSJ he just powers up to the Mystic state, correct?

If so, then how come in DB:GT we see Gohan turn SSJ rather then his new powerful form?

Just curious =x

And why do they cheat to gain power?
Gohan has done it twice ((Guru + Supreme Kai)) as has Piccalo ((Nail + Kame))

Little_Pikachu
8th February 2004, 07:14 AM
Maybe because he got older and slacked off with his training he wasn't able to power up to his mystic state anymore. Just a thought.

About the cheating, if you were in serious trouble and someone offered you a helping hand and it could be your only chance to save the universe, wouldn't you take it?

Heald
8th February 2004, 08:34 AM
Gohan, since becoming a scholar (or nerd :P), probably forgot how to do Mystic Gohan, or only wanted to go SSJ as he did not feel it was necessary to go all the way.

As for the cheating...well, all is fair in love and war, and I guess they don't care how they beat someone. I wouldn't call it cheating, I'd call it getting a helping hand (plus Piccolo and Kame were meant to be together anyway).

DarkTemplarZ
9th February 2004, 07:19 PM
Probably forgot or he didn't train for a long time. After DBZ, Vegeta was the only one on Earth who actually trained. Gohan got married and became a scientist, Goten's more of a super pimp-jin, and Trunks became a serious technological guy.

Well that's pretty obvious. Till Goku and Vegeta come to help, the rest of them are useless. They need to boost their PL any way possible just to stay alive.

Heald
10th February 2004, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by DarkTemplarZ
After DBZ, Vegeta was the only one on Earth who actually trained.So what about when Uub and Goku went to Uub's village for training and then had a huge fight in the Floating Palace?

RedStarWarrior
10th February 2004, 03:55 PM
I think he meant out of the saijins, Heald.

Pokemaster Ash
10th February 2004, 04:24 PM
While, admittedly, it does look like Gohan's unlocked power replaces his Super Saiya-Jin forms, I think it may only replace his ability to go Super Saiya-Jin 3 and beyond. Now while there isn't any solid proof of this, Mystic Gohan is used as Gohan's form after SSJ2 in DBZ: Budokai 2. While it is obviously not an official source, it would kinda make sense as to why he still can so Super Saiya-Jin.

Heald
11th February 2004, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Raven Adonis
I think he meant out of the saijins, Heald. Goku is still a Saiyan, right?

RedStarWarrior
11th February 2004, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by HealdPK
Goku is still a Saiyan, right?
Yes. Oh, I see. LOL! Of course Goku was still training as well, considering he was training Uub. *smacks head for momentary stupidity*

DarkTemplarZ
12th February 2004, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by HealdPK
So what about when Uub and Goku went to Uub's village for training and then had a huge fight in the Floating Palace?

Your right, I meant people like Goten, Gohan, and Trunks.

Master Rudy
18th February 2004, 02:56 PM
Time for a DBZ expert to come in and clear things up. Since my knowledge isn't what it once was I may be wrong here so someone correct me If I'm wrong. If memory serves me correctly it's stated in the Japanese version (can't remember if it's manga, anime or both)that Gohan can no longer go SSJ once he gets the Mystic power up. If he does so much power will be generated that he'll pretty much self destruct. Despite not being able to go SSJ anymore Gohan's power is equal if not stronger than SSJ3 Goku (one of the many debateable things in DBZ that I won't get into)

In short Funi screwed up their dub again, Toei ignored the facts stated in Z when they did GT and Atari pretty much screwed up Mystic big time. I'd start to explain why I think Mysic should have been a three cap skill in Budokai 2 but since I'd be going off topic then we'll just leave it at that.