PDA

View Full Version : Those were the days... [P]

shazza
8th February 2004, 11:35 PM
I was thinking to myself, and I wondered what are the peoples memorable moments on TPM, and real life.

1) What is the funniest thing that you ever witnessed at TPM?

2) What is the weirdest thing you ever witnessed at TPM?

3) What is the saddest thing you ever witnessed at TPM?

4) What is the most surprising thing you ever witnessed at TPM?

5) What is the best moment you ever had at TPM?

6) What is the worst moment you ever had at TPM?

7) What is the most memorable moment on TPM?

Yep, 7 simple questions, but, some of us have been at TPM For along time, and, there could be some choices...

-Well, I dunno, there have been some funny things here at TPM, especially in 2000 and 2001. But I guess I would have to say when KC hacked TPM late 2000 and people especially Ash_300 were complaining about posts.

-Probablly Kasumi saying he was a guy.

-Probably when The Muffin Man had to be forced to quit as a mod, poor Muffin Man :(

-TPM getting hacked by KC.

-Probably being modded after trying so hard, haha.

-Going to the EzBoard.

Lets see...
-Spamming, such as posting in G/S that there is a #252 pokemon, which I made up, haha, also asking for Ash_300's ICQ.
-Having an argument in OPG (Other Pokemon Games) with vidgamer in 2000, and then forgiving him and says I put him on my cool peoples list (haha they rocked).
-When I was modded, competing with vidgamer to be the better mod.

How about you?

cd
8th February 2004, 11:45 PM
saddest thing: picture of deck knight.

most surprising: i got modded in 2001 or 2002

Silver Ledian
9th February 2004, 02:49 PM
I can't really think of anything for this one. A lot of funny stuff has happened but I honestly can't remember any.

Perhaps the fact that I actually posted in the RBY/GS forums when I first joined. I think I rated a lot of teams and yet I didn't know half as much as a lot of other people. I guess also on April Fools when TPM was hacked and it went disco-style i.e. bright pink, orange and green.

Probably giving up my mod spot.

I'd probably say the UBB going down and transferring to Ezboard. That was quite surprising...

Getting modded for definate. 15th December 2001. Only 8 months after I joined :)

Messing around with my name. Not being able to go on as much because of GCSE work. Giving up my mod spot. Arguing with certain members in the past.

Getting modded...God I'm being a bit repetitive with this poll. I've had a lot more experiences, I guess modding was just the biggest one, hehe.

Zak
9th February 2004, 03:17 PM
1. Let's see... Bjarni, Umbreon88 and getting owned by post count, some of Ash_300's topics (no offense man, your cool now), the shazza clone army... and the Kasumi topic. I'm sure there's more, but I named what I could think of. Oh, also Knuckles faking his death was pretty funny, in a stupid way.

2. Co1 getting hacked.

3. Hmm... Probably when Aglandiir quit, same with Hitmonlee and Kasumi.

4. Getting modded. Well, it was coming, just it was so sudden and felt weird at first, but I was happy.

5. Getting Super modded, probably.

6. Probably when I goofed up in AD as a newbie when I posted with a topic title "Charizard Returns! *Spoilers*" Everyone flamed and laughed at me, lol, it was funny though. At least people were happy about it happening, and I was the first to post it :D
Also, another would be the whole BigBrother2 incident.

7. As I said, getting Super-modded, and probably when people started noticing me in AD more. Also, when I met Kayla IRL ^^

~Zak

Pichu
9th February 2004, 03:32 PM
1) Bjarni. =P

3) Jay left. ;_; Being warned by Dark_Flame =P

4) Pokémaster Kevin in debt. =P

5) err... I forgot. xD

6) Ubb going down.

7) Erm, I still remember Dark_Flame's warning, which makes me mad. =[

EVme15
9th February 2004, 07:32 PM
The DigiMasters, hands down. I dunno why, I think it was because of the DRS club back then... that, and I have the most horrible sense of timing when it comes to seeing things. I missed most of the early Bjarni incidents, BTW :rolleyes:

*thinks* ... ... ... ... Oh, a bite! It got away... lol, sorry I can't think. Probably the error message I got when half the forum got deleted. It was like: "Topic does not exist. Please return to the main forums and try somewhere else." Or something like that. I was like 'WTF?!?!' yeah... good times, lol.

Three things: 1) on the main TPM when we fanfic readers were forced into the UBB. That wasn't that bad, now that I look back on it. 2) When every half hour the board went down for an hour and we were redirected to the chat and/or drawing boards because Kevin was updating the UBB... 3) being forced onto the EZBoard. That takes tops.

A few days ago, Kevin was online :o he didn't post, though.
Actually, I can't really remember that much, aside from the hacks...

Modded ^^

Probably getting my post shoved back in my face in FA back when I was doing moving avatar requests... I dun really wanna talk about the details ^^;

Toughie... prolly (aside from being a mod) getting nominated for "Best RPGer"... --; of course, that turned out wonderful... *sigh* mebbe next year...

RedStarWarrior
10th February 2004, 07:59 AM
FPs countless flame threads.
Well, it was off board, but some of the conversations with Kevin were interesting to say the least.
The EZBoard was indeed the saddest point in TPM's lifetime.
The many hackings by KC.
My several moddings.
My several demoddings. ;)
Although it is memorable in a bad way, I would have to say the day Kevin stopped caring.

Jay Umbreon
10th February 2004, 08:52 AM
wowzers.

fp's posts. oh yeah, and bjarni (I guess) :P

when this guy ages ago (like year 2000) spammed up the GD forum with topics about squirtle :) that was retarded.

all my friends leaving.

kasumi, boy.

getting modded, on the same day as you, shaz. sunday it was.

realising I had no real interest pokemon anymore.

probably when I got modded. or when me and todd had raging butt secks.

~Jay

Number1ChanseyFan
10th February 2004, 09:40 AM

Prolly Bjarni, and the whole DigiMasters thing!!

Hmmm... Kasumi saying that he was a guy was pretty weird!!

It is sad that a lot of my old friends stopped coming here, and I have lost contact with a lot of them. Also, the UBB going down, and TPM becoming an EZboard was a very sad time.

The EZboard was definitely surprising, in a bad way. I was also surprised when I was modded in Gold/Silver Help back on February 17, 2001. I had no idea that it was gonna happen, especially since I was only a member at TPM for 3 months.

Getting modded at Gold/Silver Help. (It wasn't G/S/C help yet, because Crystal wasn't released yet.) Making a lot of friends was also great. I have been friends with Chicoslavocia's Revenge for over 3 years now!!

The EZboard. Getting demodded was pretty bad too. I deserved it though. I wish I had done a better job of modding.

There have been a lot of memorable things on TPM... Registering on TPM is one of them!! I came here on November 6, 2000, and made a post in Gold/Silver Help, because I couldn't find Heracross. I originally had no intentions of staying, I just wanted to find a Heracross!! However, I had never seen a message board quite like TPM, and I couldn't stop thinking about it, so I decided to start posting a couple of days later!! It was also cool making friends here too, like my best bud Chicoslavocia's Revenge!! Getting modded was also memorable, I was totally shocked when I was modded. On February 16, 2001, the last post that I made was congratulating someone that had just become an Elite Trainer. (2500 posts) I remember mentioning in that post that was gonna become an Advanced Trainer (1000 posts) soon, as that was my 972nd post!! I have never been a spammer, or someone who made lousy posts to boost their post count, but still, I enjoyed watching my postcount, especially back in the UBB days, with the PokéBall ranking system under our names. On February 17, 2001, I was modded, but I didn't even notice at first!! I was on the moderator list at the top, and there was a congrats topic for me made by Silver_Espeon, but I didn't even see them at first!! lol ^_^ The last post that I made in G/S Help was somebody asking about where they could find Marill, and I checked the topic to see if they replied to my answer. It was then that I noticed that I was modded. I was thinking about being 28 posts away from becoming an Advanced trainer, and I went to look at the PokéBalls under my username, I was thinking about the fact that with 28 more posts, I was gonna have 4 PokéBalls under my name instead of 3. But when I went to check, I had 8 PokéBalls under my name, and the title "Gym Leader," which meant that I was a moderator. I couldn't believe what I was seeing, I was modded after only being at TPM for 3 months!! I had absolutely no idea that it was gonna happen.

Sorry if I sounded obsessive with the Post Count/PokéBall rankings!! But back in the UBB days, post count and the rankings had a lot to do with the respect that you got from veteran members, especially in the G/S forums!! ^_^

Getting demodded on May 15, 2001 was also memorable, not in a happy way though. I was getting pretty inactive, so I deserved it. The reason I became inactive was because I was getting pretty frustrated with the way that things were going, everybody was complaining about the way that the G/S Help forums were going, and it seemed that no matter what I did, somebody was unhappy or complaining. Spammers were all over the place too. Plus, there were a couple of deaths in the family during that time, I had an aunt and an uncle die, so I was going through a lot of stress in real life too. I still wish that I had done a better job as mod though, I feel as though I gave up too quickly, and that I did a bad job, and that I let down the other members and mods.

I also remember the countless times that the UBB crashed, the UBB getting upgraded to 5.0, then downgraded back down to 4.0, and then upgraded back to 5.0, and then when there was a UBB version of TPM and a vB version of TPM running at the same time for a couple of days. I remember the KarmaChameleon hackings, and when TPM became an EZboard in June 2002, and when TPM switched to the vB lain September 2002!!

Well, that is enough rambling from me!! ^_^

Royal_Goddess_Tina
10th February 2004, 11:28 AM
- The time Kazr drew a picture of his cat pooping...

- Same as above...

- Ummmmmm... Nuriko being demodded, I guess...

- Hmm.......... I don't know...

- When I met Whiteangel (who changed his name) cuz he's a really cool person to talk to...

- When everyone was calling me a spammer and making fun of me and **** for saying that Zak talking about some lame band or something was a cry for attention :P

- I forget... :P lol... Nothing's really that memorable to me...

Agent Elrond
10th February 2004, 04:40 PM

The flame war in the PCG rules thread between a few well known mods. XD

That time a few months back when several threads disapeared from the Misc forum. :confused: And that mod list was changing hourly.

The Abhorsen is dead.

When Iveechan got modded, that was great!

Discovering the PCG and FanArt forums. :D

Hot pink bunnies have my boxer shorts!

Do not think about a monkey. (Damn it! I told you not to think it!)

Linux
10th February 2004, 06:03 PM

the people who keep saying bjarni was funny lolol

don't know

read 1) also

this poll

replying to this poll :wave:

looking at matt's picture. applies to 3) too

jay being modded

woz
15th February 2004, 09:58 PM
1. probably all of fp's lies or when his house burned down and we discovered a few things about him.
2. when kasumi said he was actually a guy.
3. picture of deck knight posing like a body builder.
4. PokeChamp got adminned.
5. probably when i got modded in multiple forums.
6. probably when i got banned.
7. see 5.

homeofmew
16th February 2004, 09:06 AM
AH the Shazza Clone army indeed I was homeof-Shazza :P
The April fools TPM got hacked thing was pretty funny too XD!

Posts that only state the time. And were really weird.
Me "accidently" finding TPM Team Meeting

TPM Ezboard/ and its Team Meeting.

:O! When Crystal Mew and Zak broke up! ;-;

Getting unbanned .

Being banned.

LP being Admined :O!
kurai qutting.