PDA

View Full Version : New AG66 title! Possible big news..

Zak
9th February 2004, 01:51 PM
AG66(342): Critical Situation! Exploud VS Grovyle.

That's all I really have to say, now discuss. :P

~Zak

Mikey
9th February 2004, 01:57 PM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I am almost positive this is an evolution for Treecko. They already introduced Grovyle, so I don't see them making another filler episode with it. *Waits anxiously*

Chris 2.1
9th February 2004, 02:24 PM
The wait is now (hopefully) over. I am presuming this is a very powerful Exploud......this is great! Hehehehe, Petalburg seems an easier win now....Grovyle, Torkoal, Pika/Corph

Pewter City Geodude
9th February 2004, 02:37 PM
Hmmm since Grovyle's name is in THIS episode...maybe it evolves in the previous one? Assuming it's the same as Ash's Treecko, that is. Great news though, although we all kinda saw it coming. :)

JazzJazz
9th February 2004, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Mikey
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I am almost positive this is an evolution for Treecko. They already introduced Grovyle, so I don't see them making another filler episode with it. *Waits anxiously*

That's what I was thinking, with grovyle already introduced in the watmel berry episode this is sure to mean treecko's evolution... though we have been fooled before so I'm not going to get too excited.

*Murkrow
9th February 2004, 02:57 PM
Heh, like everyone else, I'm gonna assume that that means Treecko's gonna evolve :) The fact that the title also virtually states that this will be a big battle also helps, because somehow I can't really see something 'critical' happening without involving at least one of the main characters Pokés. Unless one of them manages to get an Exploud, which I can't see happening.
So yeah, whoo for Treecko and it's hopeful evolution.
Grovyle rocks :)

Jamesology101
9th February 2004, 03:24 PM
Wow, that is really surprising, I was just getting used to the idea that Treecko would never evolve.

If it does, I wonder how that'll affect its personality? I can't see a Grovyle doing that idiotic pose with its arms folded and a twig in its mouth. I really didn't think they'd ever evolve it, when they had established such a "personality" with it as a Treecko. Guess AG really is full of surprises, after all....

Craig
9th February 2004, 03:29 PM
Yes! Grovyle is one of the coolest pokermanz, and I want to see it in action.. Although versus Exploud? Bleh :(

I'm looking forward to seeing this eventually :D Maybe later on he will even evolve into Sceptile? Well a guy can dream can't he :yes:

Pewter City Geodude
9th February 2004, 04:08 PM
Grovyle can still have the same personality but not the same poses. They'll probably figure out something new for Grovyle to have.

Kojiro
9th February 2004, 04:28 PM
A bigger stick?

I wonder if the Exploud evolves from that Dewford Loudred? Also this would mean there could possibly be four evos/catches in a row!

Lombre.
Swablu.
Gulpin
and Grovyle!

Pewter City Geodude
9th February 2004, 06:44 PM
It's quite possible. I think someone translated a Pallette post over on Serebii that would lead one to believe that that Exploud is the same Loudred from before.

Animelee
9th February 2004, 11:05 PM
Zak and I were discussing how Dogomb/Loudred got from Muro/Dewford, since it's an island. Do you guys think it hitched a ride with Hagi/Briney, or do you think it swam across? :o

Pewter City Geodude
9th February 2004, 11:08 PM
There are probably lots of ferries and stuff that go between the two places. I don't think it would've been that hard to hitch a ride.

Chris 2.1
10th February 2004, 10:17 AM
If it is the same Loudred from Dewford, then I'm sure we'll get an explanation as to HOW it got to land.

AKA Pokemon Fan
10th February 2004, 02:10 PM
I think this episode has all the evidence for its theory that the one for Ash gaining Torkoal did. That is:

1. The name of the Pokemon is in the episode.

2. The Pokemon was already heavily featured in a previous episode with another trainer, hence making a repeat of that redundant.

Plus we have ample evidence in that:

1. Treeko has consistently trained and worked hard through the series. Of course so did Cyndaquil and Bulbasaur among others. Combined with the number 2 though it makes more sense.

2. Treeko has consistently lost big matches due to lack of power, be it in its original match against Hariyma, it's match against Grovyle, or its match against Shiftry.

3. Treeko has shown no inclinations to not wanting to evolve and indeed appears to desire more power in any way it can get it.

4. The summary speaks of Treeko behaving oddly, and as we've seen throughout the series, this can occur before evolution.

Still its odd that they would have two main-character Grass types evolve so close together (i.e Brock's Lotad appears to be going to evolve soon). In any event Ash's team could soon be the best one he's had since early Johto. :yes:

And as for how the Exploud got there from Dewford (assuming it came from there). Perhaps it used sound waves from its mouth to blast itself off the island (as it did to Team Rocket) and travel by bouncing across the water surface with more blasts of sound. It's limbs are small but swimming is still a possibility, as is using underwater pulses of sound to push itself through the water like a jet.

Pewter City Geodude
10th February 2004, 02:17 PM
Too bad Exploud can't learn Surf in the games. Then the explanation would be so simple...

Chris 2.1
24th February 2004, 03:43 PM
The Exploud evolves in the episode from a Loudred belonging to a Trainer. It may well be the same one, and I'm sure it will be! Imagine TR trying to kidnap Pikachu, finding out they have Loudred, Loudred EVOLVING and blasting them away!