PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know any of the special abilities?

Kitsune
2nd December 2002, 02:15 AM
I'd read that all of the pokeys have unique, special abilities in R/S, like the shark having a special rough skin that damages things attacking it. Has anyone with the games translated or puzzled out what any of those abilities are yet?

Also, I caught mention that they're working to prevent the game from being gamesharkable, is this true? I hopeIhopeIHOPE that the cheaters won't be able to make a max-statted team out of thin air with this version, takes all of the effort/reward ratio right out of the game.

Subame
2nd December 2002, 03:16 AM
Uh. Look for the thread called "Pokemon Powers" (might have to go back a couple of pages). That's where everyone tried to post all the ones they knew about.

The non-gamesharkable thing, I dunno, I had no idea they COULD even do that and if they could then I wonder why they don't just do it on every game.

Kitsune
2nd December 2002, 05:07 AM
Thank you! I checked a few pages back for it before posting, just not quite enough. Fifty powers isn't quite as cool as each pokey having their own unique one, but it's still a much-needed boost in variety for each species. (Please dear God let my precious Ninetails not get a power that sucks...)

As for the GS, I'm not sure how it would be possible, either, but since Pokemon is almost as much a miultiplayer game as a single player one, it has a special need for anti-cheat measures. I don't care if someone wants to cheat in something they're playing alone, but if they want to cheat against me, I've got a problem with it.