hidro pump
blizzard
rest

ACB0666
11th February 2004, 10:49 AM
This is my red/blue/yellow team!!:P :P :P

Number1ChanseyFan
11th February 2004, 02:19 PM
I would rate your team for you, but I don't really know a whole lot about R/B/Y movesets/teams, I am better at G/S/C. I will see if a G/S/C mod or a supermod comes online, and I will have them move this to the R/B/Y forum for ya!! ;)

Thanks for moving this, Zak!!

Zak
11th February 2004, 02:27 PM
Off to RBY!

~Zak

stickachu
11th February 2004, 02:40 PM
I'm not really very good with RBY teams but I'll say that I don't think it's a good idea to have so many low accuracy moves (Thunder, Hydro Pump, Fire Blast, Blizzard)

Try replacing them with Thunderbolt, Surf, Flamethrower and Ice Beam if possible. Other than that, I don't know what to say.

bme
11th February 2004, 04:35 PM
Actually, I have no idea what i'm doing. :P

Charizard:
Swords Dance, Earthquake, Swift, Flamethrower is anti Double Team. Works good as I recall.

Dragonite:
Bah, so many options. I like Blizzard, Body Slam, Thunderbolt, Thunderwave/Agility

Gengar:
Double Team, Rest, Thunderbolt, Seismic Toss, but if you hate stalling, just stick with Mega Drain and Psychic.

Alakazam:
Psychic, Recover, Substitute/Seismic Toss/Reflect, Thunderwave I like Reflect better because he can't take any physical hits.

Rhydon:
Body Slam, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Substitute What usually happens is you Substitute for that usually switched in water type, and you get a free turn to attack.

Omastar:
Blizzard, Seismic Toss, Substitute, Surf I'm not sure. Never used it. Probably get rid of Substitute and slap on Ice Beam or something for PP wars.

^^;

Charizard04621
11th February 2004, 06:24 PM
Charizard: Fly sucks unless you have Aerodactyl with Substitute or something. It gives your opponent a free switch. You wouldn't like a Rhydon coming out to terrorize your Charizard, now, would you? Put Swords Dance over Fly and Body Slam over Hyper Beam. If you're lucky, Body Slam can paralyze incoming Starmies and such and really piss people off.

Dragonite: Elemental Dragonite? No... Thunder Wave is good. I personally like Body Slam and Substitute along with Blizzard.

Gengar: Hyper Beam on a Gengar is not worth it. Put Thunderbolt over Thunder and Explosion in the last slot.

Alakazam: Do not give Hyper Beam to everyone. Alakazam has a horrid Attack rating and doesn't even have STAB to remedy that. Thunder Wave over Hyper Beam, Seismic Toss in the last slot. Some people use Reflect but I was never fond of running out of pp.

Rhydon: Earthquake with STAB has the same base power on a Rhydon, both 150. Earthquake is better. Put Substitute over Hyper Beam. Rest is good if you know how to use it.

Omastar: No! No Hyper Beam! Omastar's Attack sucks. Just check out your pokémons' stats. I challenge you to check out their stats. Surf is an option over Hydro Pump, especially if you plan on making Omastar last with Rest, because you'll want the pp. Substitute is fun if your opponents are paralyzed, but you don't have very many Thunder Wavers. You could possibly put Substitute over Rest (That's what my Omastar has). I'd use Seismic Toss in the last slot.

ACB0666
14th February 2004, 10:44 AM
I realy don't like sesmic toss, it is good only if your oponent is low level and with low hp.

I don't like paralizing moves too, I prefer sleeping ones. Because paralize don't works all turns.

I give hyper beam for all my pokemon to give more variety for then.

I don't like hising status moves. Because in short time is beter cause danage in everi turn.

I guess substitute useless. Because it neds 2 turns to have efect.

Just thunder has a realy bad acuracy, hyper bean,fire blast, blizzard and hidro pump has a decent acuracy.

RaZoR LeAf
14th February 2004, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by ACB0666
I realy don't like sesmic toss, it is good only if your oponent is low level and with low hp.

Seismic Toss does exactly 100 HP damage when your at Level 100. The highest HP any pokemon has is a Chansey with 703. That's basically 8 Seismic Tosses. Not many other pokemon have stats that high, the second highest being Snorlax with 532, and below that there's nothing over 500, meaning it'd take only 5 Seismic Tosses to do reach a KO. Lets not forget you'd have other attacks to back up effectiveness.

I don't like paralizing moves too, I prefer sleeping ones. Because paralize don't works all turns.

There's a 25% chance of paralysis working, and it stays with a pokemon until that pokemon is cured. Not only that but paralysis will cut the speed of a pokemon in half, and it wont be restored upon curing. Sleep wears off after a few turns and has to be used again.

I give hyper beam for all my pokemon to give more variety for then.

An alakazam with Hyper Beam will do less damage than an Alakzam with Seismic Toss. You're contridicting yourself now. Hyper Beam is a powerful attack with a deadly recovery time after it. If the pokemon is able to KO the enemy with Hyper Beam then they don't need to recover, but to do that they need a High Attack to pull it off sucessfully. Alakazam is not a good choice, and for alot of your other pokemon, they can learn much better moves.

I don't like hising status moves. Because in short time is beter cause danage in everi turn.

Wha? Body SLam has a Base Power of 85, which it'll do for every turn. If you used something like Swords Dance just once, then Body Slam would do double that much damage every turn. Using stat raising moves may give your enemy a chance to hit you, but more often than not you get a chance to hit them back twice as hard.

I guess substitute useless. Because it neds 2 turns to have efect.

Not so. Substitute can be used to save yourself from taking excessive damage. Substitute will sap you of 25% health yes, but imagine how little that is compared to taking x4 damage from a super effective move.

Just thunder has a realy bad acuracy, hyper bean,fire blast, blizzard and hidro pump has a decent acuracy.

Thunder = 70%
Hyper Beam = 90%
Blizzard = 90%
Fire Blast = 85%
Hydro Pump = 80%

And again contradicting yourself Sleep Powder has an accuracy of 75% which is less than Thunder, yet you prefer Sleep Moves.

Cheesey
20th February 2004, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by RaZoR LeAf

And again contradicting yourself Sleep Powder has an accuracy of 75% which is less than Thunder, yet you prefer Sleep Moves.

Just pointing out that the accuracy of Sleep Powder is more than that of Thunder, even if only 5%. ^^;; Yes, I know I'm nitpicking... xP

drizzt
26th February 2004, 07:30 AM
put some physical attacks on ur dragonite. it has a high attack power. i reallly like confusing my oppenent cause it damages them and they dont get to attack, but your call. by the way there is no move that works every turn besides sleep and im not a fan of it. again your call.

topgun534
3rd March 2004, 06:51 PM
personally, i'd go with just attacking every turn unless your healing in some way... you could use swords dance, or use 2 of whatever attack and get similar reasults... cuz a lot of times if your playing someone real (not in game) you don't get a lot of attack possibilities...