PDA

View Full Version : Oekaki Gallery

aragornbird
11th February 2004, 09:34 PM
Just recently got into oekaki. It's pretty fun, as it requires me to complete an entire 2-4 hour drawing in one sitting.

This is my first one, a Bald Eagle. 266 min. Bulbasaur4 has already seen it, but no one else here has.

Anyways, all future oekaki works by me will be posted here too.

[attachment deleted by admin]

LightNinetales
12th February 2004, 06:26 AM
This....is...your....first...oekaki?*dies*

I think it's really nice.Really really nice.I like the shading,and the beak is very well drawn.I can't draw birds x_x The eye is beautiful,too.I've drawn on an oekaki board for more than two years and I can't do anything like this eagle.I want to see more of your oekaki art^_^!

Crystal Mew
12th February 2004, 12:32 PM
Woah, you are really good o_o; you should have seen my first oekaki... LOL couldn't even consider it real art =( but your pic...is wow, I love it! it looks really good => good job ^_^

Agent Elrond
12th February 2004, 04:05 PM
Yeah baby yeah! That eye spooks me totally, but so realistic and beautiful at the same time. Like a real eagle eye. ^_^ The beak also looks about as near perfect as possible, what with the wonderful highlighting and such.

Umm, one thing that looks a little odd is the eyebrow; I don't think eagles have a flesh eyebrow, I thought it was just a ridge of feathers. *shrug* Either way it looks cool, and gives the bird a good expression. ("Fishies prepare to meet thy DOOOOOM!") :D

Edit: Was finally able to decode Crystal Mew's banner --- yay! o_O

aragornbird
21st February 2004, 10:36 PM
Okay, this one took me quite a while, but I finally got it done. It's one of Gandalf the White, so Agent Elrond should like it plenty. Pretty annoying to do as well, with all the hair flying around and stuff.

http://images2.deviantart.com/i/2004/08/9/0/Gandalf_the_White___Oekaki.jpg

Anyways, I think I'll be doing some more LOTR oekaki's in the future. Maybe Aragorn is next...

Susan_Rocket
22nd February 2004, 10:51 AM
buh....buh....but... that's soooo realistic!!! :o

It almost looks like a photo, really amazing! The shadows are perfect, the hands, the hair o.o did YOU make that? I give it a 100000000000000000000000000000/10!!!

Lynx Wolverina
22nd February 2004, 01:47 PM
Oh my dear goddess, that s amazing.
The gandalf thing is absolutely the best oekaki thing i have seen so far.
the eagle looks realistic and as if you painted it with oil or tempera.
Your THE artist. i know what I am saying, trust me...I know who is an artist...you are one good one.
Wow.

Razola
22nd February 2004, 01:58 PM
Good stuff...but what's oekaki?

aragornbird
7th March 2004, 01:17 PM
Thanks for the comments! :D
Raz - Oekaki is an online painting applet where artists can draw and post their work online. Think MS Paint Advanced on the internet.

Anyways, I finally found time to do another one. This one is of Aragorn. Sorta bad quality, I had to adjust the brightness and contrast in Photoshop cause it looked messed up after I saved it. I can't direct link to pictures anymore, as it steals bandwidth and that would be bad. :no: So just follow the link for an oekaki Aragorn!

Aragorn - Oekaki (http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/5688433/)

Agent Elrond
7th March 2004, 05:55 PM
Woa, Gandalf! Heh, I would have liked it even better if Shadowfax had gotten into the pic as well, but what the hey!

Eh, that's pretty brave of you, really. Drawing human faces is tough, but it's even tougher when they've got wrinkles and dern hair flying all over the place. Heh, I like it, it looks like it was based on one of the ROTK posters yes?

*Stares some more at Gandalf*

I loooooove the hair. *drool*

Aragorn: AAAAAAH! Viggo mutated! ;) Ha, not really, but there's just something a little odd about it. I think it's that it looks almost like a photo, only it's not a photo, so my brain kinda flips out. Not your fault, that lighting is wonderfully dynamic. I like the reflections in his eyes, so intense. @_@ And the fiery bakground, and the detail in his beard, o.O;; wow.

Those are soooooo cool, 8) keep it up!