PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil 4 INFO!!!!

Mikey
12th February 2004, 09:09 PM
This was posted by someone named Esty in the Nintendophiles forums. The information comes from the magazine gameinformer.

Turn back now in case you don't want to know about the games. I didn't see a thread about it so I guess it's ok to make this thread.

1. They game can be played in first person or one of two new views. They are basically slight variations on a close third person camera.
2. It must be viewed in widescreen. If your tv doesn't support the 16:9 aspect ratio, the game will feature black bars on top and bottom of the screen to make sure you experience the game to its fullest on a 4:3 monitor. HDTV users, the game supports 480 progressive scan. This is needed because,...
3. In 3rd person, Leon fills the far left side of the screen. It feels like you are playing a first person shooter even withour Leon on the screen.
4. Controls are them same as before. However, health and ammo will now be onscreen.
5. Even with the old controls, the new views make it feel like an entirely different game.

Now for story:SPOILERS!!!!!

1. RE4 takes place in 2004, 6 years after RE2.
2. Umbrella is gone and with them,...the zombies.
3. Leon is hired by the president to guard his daughter. Before he can take the job, she is kidnapped and taken to a village in south america where all the villagers hunt him down in an eerie trance.
4. The worlds are completely wide open.
5. No more door animations or pre-rendered cutscenes. Everything is done in-engine.
6. Areas feature a few very brief loadtimes.
7. Enemies will react to damage done to them in places. Shooting an enemie in the foot will make them hobble.
8. Villagers are armed with sickles, axes, pitchforks, and many more sharp objects.Which they can throw at you. These are not mindless zombies.
9. You can shoot the thrown objects out of the air. If you time it right.
10. There is an action button. For instance, you can shoot an enemie and then quickly close the gap and kick them in the chest. Also to move objects in front of doors to keep villagers from you. Also to puch a ladder full of enemies off from you and more.
11. In a later level, you are in complete darkness and unable to see anything until the moonlight illuminates the villagers.
12. The villagers are smart. In later levels they get smarter. For instance, if you shoot at one, it won't continue to go towards you. It may run away and if you follow him, it could purposefully lead you to an area where 6 more await with bow guns. They are more human.

In the levels the play, the action was intense with many villagers after them. This was just the begining of the game.

Don't believe it? Check out these pics:
CLICKY (http://friendpages.com/cgi-bin/public/pages/site/photo.cgi?who=UmFuZG9tSVa3260DurtuxdkWjedJZhOqk8DD AFg8rxJMQhZqsSCbQn5h9tOvVR_iU_ZwqyPfn5kdl9RQ4X3wne LNTtoV89MlOx604du73vDMUMEGy55O23CoSyJkO5fFCowShllp d9dWlxvpwMk2TqwuIeTPhEwJPEH1t9kHnNY-&pageid=josephcartieri)

Hmm, it seems to me like it will be a very exciting and great game, it just seems a little strange to see a Resident Evil without the inclusion of zombies. I wonder how the story is going to change to go along with it. I hope more is revealed soon. Can't wait for the game. It seems like it will be one of the best ever!

Razola
13th February 2004, 12:22 AM
No zombies? But what about crimson heads? I loved those rascally scamps.

Yoh Asakura
13th February 2004, 01:09 PM
"11. In a later level, you are in complete darkness and unable to see anything until the moonlight illuminates the villagers.
12. The villagers are smart. In later levels they get smarter. For instance, if you shoot at one, it won't continue to go towards you. It may run away and if you follow him, it could purposefully lead you to an area where 6 more await with bow guns. They are more human"

They sound like cool features, especially 12.

Adz44
13th February 2004, 01:13 PM
Interesting. Different, but not in a bad way. No zombies sound a bit crazy, though I think the 'smart villagers' will do more than make up for it.

I really like the Resident Evil series. If Capcom pull this off correctly, I'm sure it will be a cracking game. Can't wait...

Yoh Asakura
13th February 2004, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Adz44
No zombies sound a bit crazy

Wasn't the first Dino Crisis game Resident Evil dino crisis?

If Capcom pull this off correctly, I'm sure it will be a cracking game.

If not then it'll be another RE:Survivor...

Adz44
13th February 2004, 03:49 PM
Argh! Perish the thought. I hate those crap light gun games. I won't forgive Capcom if that happens...lol

Yoh Asakura
13th February 2004, 04:31 PM
Argh! Perish the thought. I hate those crap light gun games. I won't forgive Capcom if that happens...lol

That was one of the worst light gun games I have ever played.
what makes it that much more funny is they made a sequal to it hehe

Lezta
14th February 2004, 04:44 AM
They aren't fixing the controls. They can go to hell.