PDA

View Full Version : EV Question

Cowboy Dan
13th February 2004, 03:48 PM
I have a pokemon with macho brace on that already has Max EV. I have another pokemon that has exp. share equipped. Will the EV that the pokemon with macho brace gains still be gained by the one with exp. share. Sorry for the bad wording but hopefully you can understand my predicament.

dark_tyranitar
13th February 2004, 04:16 PM
Well, let's see... It is well known that EVs are fully passed through the Exp Share. However, I think that they would not have this effect, as it would then be much too easy to EV train, and you would gain up to 24x the normal EVs (with Pokerus, and assuming your whole team is Exp Shared). So, no, I don't think that the Macho Brace effect is passed. However, I am only about 50% sure of this, so don't take my word for it.

Gagome
14th February 2004, 03:00 AM
Only the pokemon which is holding the Macho Brace will get double EV points.
So, in your case the answer is no the pokemon holding Exp Share will not gain double EV points even it the pokemon fighting holds the Macho Brace.

rinku
18th February 2004, 07:59 PM
You can't combine the effects of Exp.Share and Macho Brace (one or the other will apply to any given pokémon as discussed above).

If you get pokérus, you CAN get x4 experience by equipping with the Macho Brace. That's the only way I know of acheiving it.

TheParadox
20th February 2004, 08:54 AM
if i wanted to raise a pokemon 1. can u do ev training and get max ev's then train up levels or is there a certain amount of ev's that are allowed each level 2. How much do vitamins contribute to EV's e.g they do half of maximum ev's

TheParadox
20th February 2004, 09:07 AM
The macho Brace description is it promotes growth but lowrs speed 1. Is this permanent or while it is equipped and "promotes growth" That does mean EV's not Exp points as well doesnt it

TeleFox
20th February 2004, 11:31 AM
1) EV's and leveling up can be done at any time respective to each other and it won't make a difference.

2) Each vitamin is worth 10 EV points, and you can only give 10 of a certain type to any one pokémon.

1-2) Speed is effectively halved during battles, as if you were paralysed, etc. EV points received are doubled, Exp remains the same.

Poryhedron
20th February 2004, 08:29 PM
And the speed-reduction is only while you're wearing the Macho Brace. It goes away when you de-equip the item.

AndrewPDes
21st February 2004, 02:20 AM
Don't forget that vitamins can only raise a EV to 100. If you already earned 100 EV's through training, vitamins won't work on that stat. Example: Bob is raising a pikachu to have 252 Speed EV's. He trains it untill it has 50 speed EV's then gives it 5 vitamins. After the 5th, no more vitamins will work for Speed EV's, but will work normaly for other stats assuming that they are not over 100 points. If bobby's pikachu had 52 Speed EV's, it would only take 4 speed vitamins, putting it at 92, as vitamins cannont take a EV to over 100 points.

TheParadox
21st February 2004, 04:18 AM
2 more questions if "Bob" Gave the pokemon 10 vitamins could training raise EV's even more

and this has nothinig to do with the topic but does synchronize characteristic putthe enemy to sleep if your pokemon is asleep

dark_tyranitar
21st February 2004, 06:26 AM
If Bob gave his Pokemon 10 vitamins, and it had not been previously EV trained in that area, then, Bob could train up to 155 more EV points.

PSN, BRN, and PRZ are the only conditions that are Synchronized. SLP is not synchronized.

TheParadox
22nd February 2004, 02:08 PM
If Bob gave his Pokemon 10 vitamins, and it had not been previously EV trained in that area, then, Bob could train up to 155 more EV points.

so 255 ev points in each stat, how many evs can u get overall

Poryhedron
22nd February 2004, 02:31 PM
510...which means you can only max out two stats at once. This is what changed the metagame from GSC's stall wars to RS's sweepfest.

AndrewPDes
22nd February 2004, 10:36 PM
Would you say thats a good change or a bad one?

Poryhedron
22nd February 2004, 11:00 PM
Well, there are arguments on both sides. I think I favor the crowd that says it's a good thing because you now have to put more thought into your pokémon, and pokémon are now more customizable. The folks who say it's a bad thing because max-stat pokémon are now impossible just need to get over it.