PDA

View Full Version : so how do you like it?

SoulBurner
13th February 2004, 05:50 PM
As you are about to see, not many of my team will leave you alive very long.... I also like to go with items which help out type power....

Salamence W/DragonFang
Dragon Claw
Hyper Beam
Fly
Flamethrower

Manectric W/Magnet
Thunderbolt
Thunderwave
Double Team
Iron Tail

Jirachi W/Twistedspoon
Psychic
Hyper Beam
Thunderbolt
Doom Desire

Shiftry W/Blackglasses
Sunny Day
Solar Beam
Faint Attack
Extrasensory

Blaziken W/Charcoal
Sky Uppercut
Flamethrower
Earthquake
Arial Ace

Kingdra W/Mystic Water
Rain Dance
Surf
Ice Beam
Hyper Beam:P :P

ShockingAlberto
14th February 2004, 05:16 AM
First off, I'd take Jirachi out. If you simply want to train him, that's cool, but he's not all that fair for competitive battling.

Secondly, get rid of hyper beam. On ALL pokemon. It's simply a bad attack. While it may be powerful, the recovery time is god awful and (assuming you kill the Pokemon with the beam) a fresh new Pokemon is ready to pounce on you next turn. For Salamence, I'd recommend getting rid of Fly in favor of Aerial Ace and Hyper Beam in favor of Iron Tail.

I have conflicted feelings about Iron Tail on Manectric. He probably doesn't have the attack power necessary to do any real damage with it. On the other hand, it does give him a way to fight Rock Pokemon if absolutely need be. It's a toss-up, I personally prefer Crunch.

Jirachi's good, but replace Hyper Beam with Calm Mind. Calm Mind and Rest make a great combination, especially with a Chesto Berry, so consider that. I've never raised a Kingdra or a Shiftry, so I can't comment on them. Blaziken's is actually pretty good and is a lot like the one I use.

-- ShockingAlberto