PDA

View Full Version : [RBY] RBY nostalgia team

SilverPersian
14th February 2004, 12:24 AM
Playing pokemon is much more fun if you haven't played the game for more than two years :yes:

Perisan
slash
screech
bubblebeam
hyper beam/mimic

Golem
earthquake
rock slide
explosion
substitute

Slowbro
surf
blizzard (I left the rest tm on the SS Anne >.<, and body slam as well)
amnesia
thunder wave

Alakazam
psychic
seismic toss
reflect
recover

Snorlax
body slam
earthquake
self destruct
rest

Jolteon
thunderbolt
thunder wave
double kick
substitute

Rate my craptacular team plz :D

Charizard04621
14th February 2004, 02:33 PM
Persian: Mimic sucks in RBY. Doesn't it just Mimic a random move? I know that's what happens on Stadium; not sure about the cartridge though. I'd want Substitute on there somewhere, but that would waste either Screech or Hyper Beam. Um... You could do Slash, Substitute, Bubblebeam, Body Slam, but then BS would only be good for a PAR chance... I've always had problems with what to teach Persian. :/

Golem: Whee.

Slowbro: Ouch. :/ Well, I guess you've got no choice, then.

Alakazam: Thunder Wave is good... You don't need Reflect.

Snorlax: Yeah, this could work. Don't get pissed if you needed Hyper Beam's power to finish Alakazam and such, though. :\ I'd prefer that over Rest/Selfdestruct for safety.

Jolteon: Double Kick on Jolteon is worthless. >_< Sand Attack over that or Body Slam if you insist on having something to attack Grass types with. Jolteon should never, ever, ever have to battle a Ground type.

topgun534
6th March 2004, 07:38 AM
Ya, I'm just getting back into the game kinda randomly too lol

Persian - Hyper Beam over Mimic and dump Screech... or not, that's up to you, but I like more offensive moves...

Golem - What can I say?... Very Nice...

Slowbro - I'd replace Amnesia because again, I mainly like attacking moves or ones to make status changes to the enemy...

Alakazam - Just maybe add something over reflect...

Snorlax - If you can put Explosion over Self-Destruct it's stronger... though now that I think about it, I think Explosion is only in GS... I could be wrong though...

Jolteon - Dump Double Kick... It's one of those moves that's good early in the game, and it seems your pretty well along... Also, maybe add another strong attack that's not electric...

Hope this helps! :wave:

RaZoR LeAf
6th March 2004, 09:37 AM
Snorlax can't learn Explosion.

Hipmonlee
6th March 2004, 08:15 PM
Mimic owns.. can really bite Psychic Gengar in the ***..
However sceech is pointless without hyperbeam, so drop that for tbolt or something.. Growl could possibly work if you were predicting a hyperbeam from tauros.. that would make me laugh, a great deal..

Dont lead with persian though..

Thunderwave would be better on Alakazam I think.. So, I guess that leaves psychic for slowbro? something like that.

Lax could have hyperbeam or counter over rest.. or surf.. Any is good.

Jolt terrible with DK without FE.. Pin missle is much more useful especially since you may have eggy troubles.

Yeah, watch out for Eggy.. possibly also starmie. You are kinda heavily relying on Zam being able to get to it, which may be difficult.. You should grab something with a sleep move too.. especially since most of them can get good sets without using the common tms.. Victreebel or Eggy or Tangela or something..

Have a nice day.

Green_Pikachu
19th April 2004, 03:29 PM
Perisan
slash
screech
bubblebeam
hyper beam/mimic

perfect. i like hyper beam with screech. otherwise, screech is pretty worthless....

Golem
earthquake
rock slide
explosion
substitute

bwah. sure, but i've come to like body slam over substitute. it's all a matter of preference

Slowbro
surf
blizzard (I left the rest tm on the SS Anne >.<, and body slam as well)
amnesia
thunder wave

you idiot. :-P well, i guess blizzard is the best alternative.

Alakazam
psychic
seismic toss
reflect
recover

yeah...not much to really say about this. except that i think starmie is better. :)

Snorlax
body slam
earthquake
self destruct
rest

meh. i like hyper beam over rest. your call.

Jolteon
thunderbolt
thunder wave
double kick
substitute

sure, why not. or pin missile. whichever.