PDA

View Full Version : Open Challenge-esque thingy

Icy
14th February 2004, 01:10 PM
Yeah, open challenge

1 on 1
Arena: plain, simple grass field.
DQ: 1 week

I'll be sendin' out Sprout my female Oddish, so you'll be attackin' first.

And, as it goes without saying, ref needed.

I'm rusty though, so if someone wants to tell me something I forgot, go right ahead.

Skye
14th February 2004, 01:34 PM
I'll ref if you want.:wave:

Soneko
14th February 2004, 02:58 PM
Uhm... I have an open slot now, so I'll accept, if you agree an' all... and I'll be sending out Phear, my female Spearow. ^^;
Oh, and if you agree to me battling, I dun mind Airen reffing... and here are my attacks.

Okay, Phear, lets get it started. Start with a Toxic. Follow up with Double Team and Agility, just focus on avoiding anything for the rest of the round.

Icy
14th February 2004, 11:28 PM
Toxic? Now I can't remember the rules on it, but I'm pretty sure you can't poison a poison type.

Start off by using Sleep Powder while its just sitting there trying to use Toxic. If Sleep Powder is successful, use two Sludge Bombs. Otherwise, use a Razor Leaf to get rid of clones and then try to lull it to sleep with another Sleep Powder...

Sleep Powder - Sludge Bomb/Razor Leaf - Sludge Bomb/Sleep Powder

Skye
15th February 2004, 10:35 AM
Sprout vs. Phear
Sprout the female Oddish vs. Phear the female Spearow

Arena: Plain, simple grass field.

Phear: "Start with a Toxic. Follow up with Double Team and Agility, just focus on avoiding anything for the rest of the round."
~ Toxic-Double Team-Agility ~

Sprout: "Start off by using Sleep Powder while its just sitting there trying to use Toxic. If Sleep Powder is successful, use two Sludge Bombs. Otherwise, use a Razor Leaf to get rid of clones and then try to lull it to sleep with another Sleep Powder..."
~ Sleep Powder-Sludge Bomb/Razor Leaf-Sludge Bomb/Sleep Powder ~

-------------------------------------------------------------

~Pre Battle~

The sun shines warmly onto a simple grass field. The short-trimmed grass stands unmoved by the slight breeze, taking in the warmth of the sun. A person soon appears on the scene. Its Icy! Icy sends out their female Oddish, Sprout. The playful Pokemon looks around the field happily. Soon, another person appears on the scene, Shidorah! Shidorah sends out their own Pokemon, Phear the female Spearow. Sprout snaps to attention at the appearance of this new opponent as Phear flutters easily above the ground. A third person appears, me, to ref the match. I pull out my new red and green flags and bring them up, signaling the start of the battle.

Phear - HP: 100% Energy: 100%
Sprout - HP: 100% Energy: 100%

~Post Battle~
Round 1

“Okay, Phear, lets get it started. Start with a Toxic. Follow up with Double Team and Agility, just focus on avoiding anything for the rest of the round.” Shidorah commands.

"Start off by using Sleep Powder while its just sitting there trying to use Toxic. If Sleep Powder is successful, use two Sludge Bombs. Otherwise, use a Razor Leaf to get rid of clones and then try to lull it to sleep with another Sleep Powder..." Icy counters.

Phear begins by spewing a mound of deadly poison onto Sprout. But, because Sprout is a Poison type, the Toxic slides harmlessly off of it’s skin. Sprout takes advantage of Phear’s closeness to release its Sleep Powder. Poor Phear inhales the fine substance, and lands on the ground, soon falling asleep. With Phear fast asleep, Sprout releases a volley of poisonous mounds, each hitting the still Phear. Phear flinches it her sleep and opens her eyes, glaring at Sprout. Phear remembers her trainer’s last command and uses Agility. It speeds around Sprout, boasting of its swiftness. Sprout releases another Sleep Powder, trying to stop the accelerated Phear, but to no avail. Sprout pouts that its trick failed.

~Post Battle~
End Round 1

Phear - HP: 86% Energy: 86% Using Agility
Sprout - HP: 100% Energy: 83% A bit unhappy

Icy attacks first.

Icy
15th February 2004, 02:49 PM
Use Sweet Scent to slow it down, make sure you spread it 'round the field. Next, cut up its wings with Razor Leaf. Finally, if Razor Leaf hit, Sludge Bomb, if not, use another Razor Leaf to its wings.

Sweet Scent - Razor Leaf - Razor Leaf/Sludge Bomb

Soneko
16th February 2004, 05:55 AM
Alright...

Phear, blow the Sweet Scent away with Whirlwind. Then Fly up where Razor Leaf cant reach you. End by soaring down at top spead with a Sky Attack.

Skye
16th February 2004, 12:03 PM
Sprout vs. Phear

Sprout: " Use Sweet Scent to slow it down, make sure you spread it 'round the field. Next, cut up its wings with Razor Leaf. Finally, if Razor Leaf hit, Sludge Bomb, if not, use another Razor Leaf to its wings.”
~ Sweet Scent-Razor Leaf-Razor Leaf/Sludge Bomb ~

Phear: " Phear, blow the Sweet Scent away with Whirlwind. Then Fly up where Razor Leaf can’t reach you. End by soaring down at top speed with a Sky Attack."
~ Whirlwind-Fly-Sky Attack ~

~Pre Battle~

Phear zips around the ring, boasting its enhanced speed to Sprout who watches smugly. Sprout shakes her head and gets into a defensive posture to release its next attack. I raise my flags again, signaling the start of Round 2.

Phear - HP: 86% Energy: 86% Using Agility
Sprout - HP: 100% Energy: 83% A bit unhappy

~Post Battle~
Round 2

“Use Sweet Scent to slow it down, make sure you spread it 'round the field. Next, cut up its wings with Razor Leaf. Finally, if Razor Leaf hit, Sludge Bomb, if not, use another Razor Leaf to its wings.” Icy commands.

" Alright... Phear, blow the Sweet Scent away with Whirlwind. Then Fly up where Razor Leaf can’t reach you. End by soaring down at top speed with a Sky Attack." Shidorah counters.

Sprout grins and releases a powerful odor into the arena, trying to mess with Phear’s head. Phear holds her breath, releasing a Whirlwind. The wind knocks away most of the Sweet Scent and makes Sprout spin a bit. Phear cackles and takes off as Sprout attempts to right herself. Sprout looks up dizzily at Phear and releases a Razor Leaf. The leaves miss as Phear darts around in the sky. Phear keeps this up, and begins to glow as though she were on fire. Undaunted, Sprout releases another batch of razor sharp leaves. One hits Phear, cutting her wing tip. She glares down at Sprout and launches herself out of the air and collides painfully with Sprout. Phear stands up tiredly and watches smugly as Sprout gets up after receiving so much damage.

~Post Battle~
End Round 2

Phear - HP: 81% Energy: 51% Agility wearing off, cut wing, very fatigued.
Sprout - HP: 76% Energy: 79% Quite unhappy

Shidorah attacks first.

Soneko
16th February 2004, 12:52 PM
Good job Phear. Lets keep it up.

Start with a Double Team. Take a break, and restore doubles when needed. Razor Leaf shouldnt destroy all your doubles, since its not like swift or whatever.

Icy
16th February 2004, 08:30 PM
It's tired. It's hovering low. It's gone.

Sprout, quickly spread your Sleep Powder into the air. If it hasn't double teamed yet it should be easy, if it has, just make sure the Powder travels. It's going to have a hard time dodging anything with all the running around it's been doing. After it's asleep, if it still has clones Razor Leaf, if not Sludge Bomb.

Sleep Powder - Razor Leaf/Sludge Bomb/Sleep Powder - Razor Leaf/Sludge Bomb/Sleep Powder

Skye
17th February 2004, 06:50 PM
Sprout vs. Phear

Phear: " Start with a Double Team. Take a break, and restore doubles when needed. Razor Leaf shouldn’t destroy all your doubles, since it’s not like swift or whatever.”
~ Double Team/Double Team-Break/Double Team-Break ~

Sprout: " Sprout, quickly spread your Sleep Powder into the air. If it hasn't Double Teamed yet it should be easy, if it has, just make sure the Powder travels. It's going to have a hard time dodging anything with all the running around it's been doing. After it's asleep, if it still has clones Razor Leaf, if not Sludge Bomb."
~ Sleep Powder-Razor Leaf/Sludge Bomb/Sleep Powder-Razor Leaf/Sludge Bomb/Sleep Powder ~

~Pre Battle~

Phear slows down to a hover, her Agility used up. Sprout smirks at this, knowing that the end may very well be near. Phear glares at Sprout, letting her know that she’s now giving up easily. I raise my flags for the third time, signaling the start of Round 3.

Phear - HP: 81% Energy: 51% Agility wearing off, cut wing, very fatigued.
Sprout - HP: 76% Energy: 79% Quite unhappy

~Post Battle~
Round 3

“Good job Phear, lets keep it up. Start with a Double Team. Take a break, and restore doubles when needed. Razor Leaf shouldn’t destroy all your doubles, since it’s not like swift or whatever.” Shidorah commands.

" It's tired. It's hovering low. It's gone. Sprout, quickly spread your Sleep Powder into the air. If it hasn't Double Teamed yet it should be easy, if it has, just make sure the Powder travels. It's going to have a hard time dodging anything with all the running around it's been doing. After it's asleep, if it still has clones Razor Leaf, if not Sludge Bomb." Icy counters.

Phear uses Double Team, creating three clones. She and her clones land to rest. Sprout covers all of the clones in a Sleep Powder, causing the clones and the real Phear to drift off into sleep. Sprout releases a Razor Leaf, concentrating on finding the real Phear. Phear sleeps peacefully, regaining her energy faster than had she been awake. Sprout’s released Razor Leaves (try saying that ten times fast!) slice through two of the clones, the majority of them sinking into the dirt trying to hit the small, earthbound Spearow. Sprout growls and releases another batch of Leaves, willing them to her hidden foe. The first two Leaves home in on the clone, destroying it easily. The final five go for Phear, slicing into her soft feathers. Phear mumbles in her sleep, but doesn’t wake up. Sprout grins in satisfaction.

~Post Battle~
End Round 3

Phear - HP: 75% Energy: 62% Agility used up, cut up, asleep, fatigued, no clones.
Sprout - HP: 76% Energy: 65% Fatigued, satisfied.

Ohhh, close!
Icy attacks first.

Icy
18th February 2004, 10:00 AM
Use a powerful well-aimed Razor Leaf to cut up its wings as best you can. Then, if it's still asleep Sludge Bomb it. If it's not asleep, try using another Razor Leaf. Finally, Sludge Bomb it if it's asleep, and try spreading some Sweet Scent through the air if it's not asleep.

Razor Leaf - Razor Leaf/Sludge Bomb - Sweet Scent/Sludge Bomb

Soneko
18th February 2004, 10:12 AM
Alright Phear, dont give up. Your doing well.

Sleep Talk till you wake up.
If you wake up on the first turn. Create a Substitute for 10%. Follow up with a Drill Peck, and end by Whirlwinding the sweet scent away.
If you wake up on the second turn, create a Substitute for 10%, then Whirlwind the sweet scent away.
If you wake up on the last turn, just Whirlwind the sweet scent away.

Skye
21st February 2004, 07:26 PM
Sprout vs. Phear

Phear: "Alright Phear, don’t give up. You’re doing well. Sleep Talk till you wake up.
If you wake up on the first turn, create a Substitute for 10%. Follow up with a Drill Peck, and end by Whirlwinding the sweet scent away. If you wake up on the second turn, create a Substitute for 10%, then Whirlwind the sweet scent away. If you wake up on the last turn, just Whirlwind the sweet scent away.”
~ Sleep Talk/Substitute-Sleep Talk/Drill Peck-Sleep Talk/Whirlwind ~

Sprout: "Use a powerful well-aimed Razor Leaf to cut up its wings as best you can. Then, if it's still asleep Sludge Bomb it. If it's not asleep, try using another Razor Leaf. Finally, Sludge Bomb it if it's asleep, and try spreading some Sweet Scent through the air if it's not asleep.”
~ Razor Leaf-Razor Leaf/Sludge Bomb-Sweet Scent/Sludge Bomb ~

~Pre Battle~

Phear rests easily, blissfully unaware of what’s going on. Sprout grins and prepares for the next round. I raise my flags, signaling the start of Round 4.

Phear - HP: 75% Energy: 62% Asleep, cut up, fatigued.
Sprout - HP: 76% Energy: 65% Fatigued, satisfied.

~Post Battle~
Round 4

“Use a powerful well-aimed Razor Leaf to cut up its wings as best you can. Then, if it's still asleep Sludge Bomb it. If it's not asleep, try using another Razor Leaf. Finally, Sludge Bomb it if it's asleep, and try spreading some Sweet Scent through the air if it's not asleep.” Icy commands.

"Alright Phear, don’t give up. You’re doing well. Sleep Talk till you wake up. If you wake up on the first turn, create a Substitute for 10%. Follow up with a Drill Peck, and end by Whirlwinding the sweet scent away. If you wake up on the second turn, create a Substitute for 10%, then Whirlwind the sweet scent away. If you wake up on the last turn, just Whirlwind the sweet scent away." Shidorah counters.

Phear begins to mumble in her sleep. She flies up and dives at Sprout, Pecking her. She then lies down at Sprout’s feet, making the Oddish sweat-drop. Sprout concentrates on making all of her Razor Leaves hit, and succeeds in getting a majority of them to hit. Phear begins to mumble again, and attacks Sprout with a Drill Peck! Sprout cries out in pain and releases Razor Leaf early, fending off her attacker and slashing up Phear’s wings quite badly. Phear might not be able to fly now! Phear opens her eyes, now fully awake from the pain. She clutches her wings to her body in pain. Sprout grins and releases Sweet Scent, attempting to slow Phear down. Phear breathes in the scent, and the pain begins to ease. She looks up at Sprout, but sees TWO of them! She tries a Whirlwind, and creates a weak one, moving the Sweet Scent away from her. However, she still sees two opponents…

~Post Battle~
End Round 4

Phear - HP: 61% Energy: 54% Cut up, awake, fatigued, sees two Sprouts.
Sprout - HP: 55% Energy: 49% Fatigued, satisfied.

Shidorah attacks first.

Soneko
28th February 2004, 01:31 PM
Sorry for the wait.

Alright Phear...
Start by Double Teaming. Afterwards launch a Swift so's to find the real Oddish, and finish with Tri Attack for a hopeful stats effect.

Icy
29th February 2004, 06:46 PM
Double Team shouldn't be too hard to deal with. Just razor leaf at it and however many clones it might have. Then, take your time and fire a powerful Sludge Bomb, try to get it into its cuts to poison it as well as deal damage. Finally, use Flash to make it, if possible, more confused, but more importantly, use Flash to make it miss with Tri Attack.

Razor Leaf- Sludge Bomb - Flash

Pichu
1st March 2004, 03:26 PM
... um ...I'd sub-ref, if no one objects (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=418562#post418562)

Soneko
1st March 2004, 03:53 PM
Uhh, I dun have any problems with you reffin', Cyndaquil...

Icy
3rd March 2004, 10:33 AM
works for me.

Pichu
3rd March 2004, 06:41 PM
Airen's reffings are different from mine, and I had to do the recalculation of how much fatique you guys done, which isn't fun. =.=

I'll have to reffing up by Friday hopefully ...

Pichu
8th March 2004, 02:22 PM
Airen's fatique counter is really strange. Too balanced. xP

Icy vs Shidorah

Round 5

Icy: (1)
Sprout the Female Oddish:
Life: 55% | Spirit: 49%
Tired, yet satisfied, 2 Images
Razor Leaf - Sludge Bomb - Flash

Shidorah: (1)
Phear the Female Spearow:
Life: 61% | Spirit: 54%
Wings cut, tired, awake
Double Team - Swift - Tri Attack

.:.

Both pokémon listens carefully what their trainers tell them to do. Tired and sick of life, Phear splits into multiple images. Seeing this so, Sprout lifts and spins its leafy hair, sending many spinning leaves to fly everywhere. The leafy blades cut through most to the images, shattering them in the process

All the spearow images move at once and fires a colorful rainbow-like dust at the two Oddish. The image gets shattered into glass right away, and hitting the real Sprout. Sprout releases a thick stream of muck directly at the rest of the images. Fortunately, it had enough goo to wipe out the rest of the avatar away and hitting Phear.

Sprout then releases a blinding flash, but Phear's images doesn't twitch. Instead, they all simultaneously create a white triangular prism. Holdint eh traingle with its bleeding wings, she tries to look at the blinding light and fired at the brightest part of it. Thankfully, it hit its target and flame scorches Sprout's body. Phear is left with her eyes shut and blinking trying to recover.

Life: 45% | Spirit: 31%
Tired, In Pain

Life: 50% | Spirit: 41%
Wings cut, tired, blinded

Arena: Good to go.

Icy order attacks first.

Edit: Gah, I thought Sprout is a Bellsprout. xP ... and also, I was reading Airen's reffings... Whirlwind doesn't destroy double team? wtf? =P

Edit: As requested =P

Icy
10th March 2004, 12:02 AM
Ahh right, makes perfect sense. I use Razor Leaf to destroy clones and then end up attacking with it before it uses double team? Okay, not only that but I use it before double team and it doesn't kill the clones OR deal damage. Right. Uhh, and how long have you been reffing? Also, don't quote me on this cause I'm not positive, but I don't think the 2nd image of Oddish was a clone, I think it was like a hallucination-esque thing, in which case, nothing's going to be shattering. Finally, this is what I get the biggest kick out of. I blinded the thing, it's wings are bleeding like hell AND it has just recovered from a hallucination... yet it still manages to focus on a Tri-Attack that does roughly 10% damage.

Pichu
10th March 2004, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Icy
Ahh right, makes perfect sense. I use Razor Leaf to destroy clones and then end up attacking with it before it uses double team? Okay, not only that but I use it before double team and it doesn't kill the clones OR deal damage. Right. Uhh, and how long have you been reffing? Also, don't quote me on this cause I'm not positive, but I don't think the 2nd image of Oddish was a clone, I think it was like a hallucination-esque thing, in which case, nothing's going to be shattering. Finally, this is what I get the biggest kick out of. I blinded the thing, it's wings are bleeding like hell AND it has just recovered from a hallucination... yet it still manages to focus on a Tri-Attack that does roughly 10% damage.

I reffed 2 years back, in ubb, and continued after the 2 years of absence from ASB. =P

Have you watched anime before? I have not recited an incident of the attack missing. Yes, you have removed few of the images, but not enough. Razor leaf, I have not seen a razor leaf that goes around, sweeping like madness. They focus on a target.

The Tri attack did about 7%, and swift did 3%. I used a dice for randomizing the effects of fire, ice, electricity. =P

So, yes, it does make perfect sense.

Icy
10th March 2004, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Cyndaquil

I reffed 2 years back, in ubb, and continued after the 2 years of absence from ASB. =P

Have you watched anime before? I have not recited an incident of the attack missing. Yes, you have removed few of the images, but not enough. Razor leaf, I have not seen a razor leaf that goes around, sweeping like madness. They focus on a target.

The Tri attack did about 7%, and swift did 3%. I used a dice for randomizing the effects of fire, ice, electricity. =P

So, yes, it does make perfect sense.

Okay, you didn't answer my question. I told Oddish to use Razor Leaf to destroy the clones. Whether you think it should or should not destroy the clones is up to you, but the fact is, in your reffing, Oddish attacked BEFORE THERE WERE CLONES TO DESTROY. That's just, to put simply, wrong.

"Both pokémon listens carefully what their trainers tell them to do. Sprout lifts and spins its leafy hair, sending many spinning leaves to fly everywhere. Unfortunately, Phear splits into multiple images just in time. "

There is nothing in there that says I hit Phear or its clones. Second, you still haven't explained why Flash did NOTHING AT ALL.

Pichu
10th March 2004, 08:33 PM
Flash is like natural sunlight. If flash can wipe out double team clones, so can sunny day. =P ...

Oh I see what you mean ... You are right. I forgot to add in that Phear was blinded, and I will fix that.... *fixed*

Hm.. oh well, I have time, *re-ref done*

I put in 'shattered', for the case of Yu-gi-oh stuff. xD ... as their avatars gets shattered. ... :O

Icy
12th March 2004, 05:37 PM
thanks a bunch.

Umm, I'm lazy, so just get rid of the clones with Razor Leaf, and once they're all gone Sludge Bomb it's wings to poison it. It's already hurting AND has little mobility in its wings so I wouldn't worry about much.

Razor Leaf until Double Team gone, Sludge Bomb

Soneko
13th March 2004, 10:44 AM
Alright Phear, use your ears instead of eyes. Birds have great ears, so dont worry.

Start by Resting. That'll hopefully heal yer wounds. Then Sleep Talk twice.

Pichu
18th March 2004, 05:08 PM
Since Airen has exams ...

Icy vs Shidorah

Round 6

Life: 45% | Spirit: 31%
Tired, In Pain
Razor Leaf / Sludge Bomb

Life: 50% | Spirit: 41%
Wings cut, tired, blinded
Rest - Sleep Talk

Both pokémon listens carefully what their trainers tell them to do. Phear sits down nicely and starts to snooze. Her cut wings and blindness healed miraculously fast. Quickly, Sprout releases a powerful shot of ooze at Phear, hitting her dead in the center. Unfortunately, that awoke her from dreaming.

Having said to do some sleep talking, but Phear isn't sleeping anymore. He tries to gets some rest. However, Sprout releases a powerful stream of sludge, that ooze and stuck on Phear's feathers, gluing her to the ground. And slowly seeping into her body. Resting uncomfortably, she starts to snore again.

Sprout releases another Bio attack at Phear. This time, Phear murmurs something, and then her eyes open. No pupils are seen as she is still asleep. She's sleep walking! Staring at Sprout, her beak smiles, and then falls back to sleep. The bio attack lands smacking on her, causing great damage. Sick of the poisoning, Phear awakes up from the snooze.

Life: 45% | Spirit: 11%
Tired, In Pain

Life: 41% | Spirit: 21%
Poisoned (1-3%), Tired, Knows Sludge Bomb (3 Rounds left)

Arena: Good to go.

Shidorah order attacks first.

- note: I used the metronome randomizer, if you think where I got the idea of Mimic. =.=

Icy
18th March 2004, 08:53 PM
Okay, how much did rest recover? I really hope it didn't recover anything at all, considering the thing got no sleep. It woke up each time it got attacked. Now I think that's a bit odd, but besides that... where did the 15% damage come from? Oddish is not only resistant (not totally immune, but resistant) to the poison type, but it had no other ailments and the Sludge Bomb was just a mimicked attack from a half-sleeping pokemon.

Pichu
18th March 2004, 10:12 PM
Yes, I was doing one other reffing, and I got mix-upped some attacks... ie: the first thing I got out of the metronone randomizer was a hyper beam, then I done the reffing and posted it. Then I checked Karin's dex and figures out that Pidgey can't do hyper beam. Annoyed, I quickly deleted the post, and done a re-ref on it, and forgot to edit back the damage... so ... *fixes*

Phear restored 20%, which is about 5% + 5% + 10% per action, as a result +20%. Sludge Bomb is about 7% each, so 21%. But isn't that poison is super effective, and I already gave the super effective bonus in, so it isn't odd. o_o;

It didn't wake up each time it attacked. It woke up the first time, didn't woke up the second time, and continued on with Sleep talk in the third action.

Edit: Full recovery of REST is 33%, you know?

Soneko
18th March 2004, 11:45 PM
Rest is supposed to sleep for three turns, even in ASB, no matter what. Even when hit.

'If a Pokémon is in a non-trance sleep (i.e., it has been put to sleep by an opponent via Hypnosis, various sleeping powders, etc.) it will be awakened by a blow. Especially a hard one. Such sleeps are not deep, and it doesn't take much to terminate them. Under normal circumstances, a hard punch or hit of any sort would wake YOU when you are sleeping, would it not? This differs from the trance of Resting, which is not a usual sort of sleep (thus the term 'trance').' ~ASHarris, ... (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24521&perpage=15&pagenumber=4)

Trance. Yes?

Pichu
19th March 2004, 12:03 AM
Rest (PS) --The user falls into a trance in order to begin recovering at an accelerated rate. While asleep, the user will gain approximately 33% of their maximum health back per full round of resting. This trance burns a good amount of energy to use initially, although the user will gain some energy back over time. The user will always sleep for a few minutes, waking up only after taking extreme damage.

Poison is super effective to pidgeys, right?

Taking extreme damage. ... ?

Soneko
19th March 2004, 04:27 AM
Wha? No, poison isnt super effective against normal or flying types, kthnx. In fact, grass is NOT very effective against flying.

Pichu
19th March 2004, 12:22 PM
Whatever, still I think she should wake up. If you don't like, ask Amanda or Karin then. =P ... or find another ref.

Soneko
21st March 2004, 09:54 AM
I do plan on asking, thankyou.

Besides that, since you thought that Poison was good against Flying/Normal (not sure which...) then you might have made Sludge Bomb do super-effective damage. But since it isnt super effective, I'd like it if you fixed how much damage it did. Thanks.

The_Missing_Link
21st March 2004, 11:45 AM
In the episode, "Ariados Amigos", Venont is seen resting. During that time, it is squeezed painfully by Arbok but does not wake up. After it wakes up, it appears to look in much better shape than before (I'm assuming gaining back more than 33% health)

My belief is that rest is a lot longer than 2 turns. If you look at the anime, it appears that Venonat is asleep for longer than that (when we ref battles, time seems to move slow although it should be just as quick as the anime). If the show has an actual example of the attack, it's better to follow that than the Attack List (although people still choose to ref double team and safeguard differently). As for the amount of health gained back, it's really up to the ref although 33% should be the bare minimum

Icy
21st March 2004, 07:47 PM
I'm so confused, what's going on?

I just asked about the damage and why rest was so funky and I come back with thousands of crap.

Basically, if rest shouldn't necessarily heal 33% a round, I think it should depend upon the damage scale people use. For example, if one ref has a Fire Blast doing 15%, while another says 12%, there should be a difference in how much rest heals.

If Sludge Bomb does 7%, and is considered "Good Damage" (bare with me, I'm using the old list, as it has a damage "guide") and Flamethrower is also considered "good damage", meaning they should do roughly the same damage.

Now, if you figure, that 7% for a Flamethrower when Rest heals 33% a round... that means, that you need 4 1/2 Flamethrowers to equal one round of resting. Doesn't that seem like a bit much?

I can see 33% total resting (maybe 2 rounds? 2 1/2 rounds?), but per round seems like a bit much, unless the damage counter is raised. Also, yeah, rest really shouldn't be interrupted that much. Seriously. I'm pretty sure I have a good grips on how to ref, seeing as I used to do it all the time... for a long time. And I'd say I was decent at it.

Pichu
22nd March 2004, 01:25 AM
About Rest ... ... (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=397217#post397217) - Charizard04621 ... and that is why Sludge Bomb can cancel Rest attack.

I have to read Icy's post, so if you excuse me...

Like I said, Sludge Bomb did 7% damage. Each is 21%. I only gave +20% for the Rest, so I even gave some bonuses into Phear's life. So ... what are we arguing about??? XP

Maximum rest IS 33% ... but Phear is resting under constant irritation, so 20%. =P

Soneko
22nd March 2004, 04:30 AM
In that battle, he didnt wake up, he just failed to fall asleep. Besides, an damaging attack hadnt been used, rather an annoying attack. Theres a big difference between Sludge Bomb and Screech.

Pichu
22nd March 2004, 11:45 AM
I still think Phear cannot fall asleep due to constant irritation. If you want it your way, get another ref. I am only a sub-ref, so I don't have any penalties. :P

Soneko
22nd March 2004, 03:44 PM
*Twitches* I think you are critically biased.
There is NO reason for her to wake up because she wasnt even ASLEEP, she was in a TRANCE.

Kthnx, I forfeit.

Pichu
22nd March 2004, 04:22 PM
Whatever, it's Airen/Shidorah/Icy's battle after all. :)

Icy
22nd March 2004, 06:40 PM
... aint that peachy.

I'm not taking an evo/catch or anything because I'm not too active in ASB anyway.