View Full Version : Please rate my Battle Tower team

Mutant_Slugma
14th February 2004, 02:16 PM
Breloom @ Leftovers

Spore
Focus Punch
Return
Leech Seed

I'm not sure if I should replace Leech Seed or Return with Bulk up... I've also heard of using Mach Punch on a Breloom, but I don't see any sense in that... Could somebody explain? :confused:

Slaking @ Choice Band

Hyper Beam
Shadow Ball
Earthquake
Slack Off

Alakazam @ Shell Bell
Synchronize?
Psychic
Recover
Calm Mind
Fire Punch

I need some help with Effort Points here... Should I spread the rest of the effort points over hit points, defense and special defense or should I maximize speed?

Suggestions and feedback are appreciated. :wave:

ace
15th February 2004, 05:07 AM
Breloom- i'm no expert on Breloom but my set would be:
-Mach punch
-Focus punch
-Return
-spore

Simply because breloom isnt the fastest fighter ever, mach punch is useful, f.punch for pokes on the switch, return for all out dmg and spore to slow youre opponent down a bit. Bulk up is ok over f.punch or mach punch depending on ur strategy.

For slaking, if youre using a choice band, dont bother with shadow ball. Why take the trouble to use a valuable tm if your'e only planning to use hyper beam&choice band anyway, since choice band only lets you use one move. My set:H.beam,flail,f.punch,counter.

Alakazam: the set looks fine, evs in sp.attck, speed and hp,IMO.

Gligar_Man
15th February 2004, 06:05 AM
breloom has 70 base speed... so hes not terribley slow, anyways id replace breloom with weezing... and youll be fine

Mutant_Slugma
15th February 2004, 02:01 PM
Why take the trouble to use a valuable tm if your'e only planning to use hyper beam&choice band anyway, since choice band only lets you use one move

I thought you could use a different move with Choice Band after switching pokémon... My team would be very vulnerable to ghosts, with normal and fighting moves not having any effect and Shadow Ball being strong against Alakazam...The plan is to switch to Breloom, use Spore, then switch back to Slaking and use the attack which is most effective.

Why Weezing? :confused: I'll have a look at his details...