PDA

View Full Version : Something I Noticed With Ash's Finishes in the Sekei and Jouto League Finals

Hanada Tattsu
12th January 2003, 02:32 AM
Hello.

Just incase you didn't read my sig, I'm Tattsu116 from Serebii.net, except this time I took another name. :)

I have a theory that could mean and hint toward Satoshi's victory in the Houen League. I mean look, the first time around during the Sekei League, he ended up in the top Sixteenth.

The next time in the Jouto League (I'm not counting the Orange Island or the Whirl Island mini-leagues) he finished in the top Eight.

If you do some simple math, you will see that his finishing place keeps increasing by eights. So, if this little ritual continues, our little friend will win the Houen League.

Yet, this is prolly bizzare, but, I'm only guessing.

Chris 2.1
12th January 2003, 02:51 AM
That's a good theory, so maybe it's an indication that Houen is the final saga. I can understand that, but i think at this rate it will last two seasons.

Hanada Tattsu
12th January 2003, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by ShinyMarill
That's a good theory, so maybe it's an indication that Houen is the final saga. I can understand that, but i think at this rate it will last two seasons.

Yeah, Houen might last longer than Sekei/Indigo and Jouto/Johto. That's bad, cause the majority is mostly fillers, but I think if this series is successful and all, they might make 100 new Pokemon after this ends, and for the Houen League they can make Satoshi finish in the top 4, and then for the next league he'll become a Master. But I think that's taking it a bit too far, no?

The Rusted One
12th January 2003, 04:23 AM
OR it decreases by half - 16 to 8, so perhaps he'll be 4th this time?

Hanada Tattsu
12th January 2003, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by The Rusted One
OR it decreases by half - 16 to 8, so perhaps he'll be 4th this time?

Yeah, that's a good theory too.

I hope this doesen't happen, because if the theory is true, then we'll have to go through one more saga and wait for him to finish up in the top Top 2 (possibly with Hazuki or Hiroshi/Richie) and then after one more league, he'll be NUMBER ONE.

It's still a good theory though.

Rei_Zero
12th January 2003, 12:04 PM
Actually, since they have explored four lands I think after Houen, Ash will try to go to a league that is supposed to be the thoughest competetion in the entire pokemon world. You will be required 28 badges and you must have a minimal of 4 badges from each region. Then you may participate. If that does happen (not likely) then it would mean that it would probably be a set of special episodes and that it would be that last couple of episodes.

Jeffery: Mew's PokeTamer
12th January 2003, 01:00 PM
Houen might be the last regional league ash competes in. I want to see ash going for the national championship.

BenRG
13th January 2003, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Jeffery: Mew's PokeTamer
Houen might be the last regional league ash competes in. I want to see ash going for the national championship. I would like to know how one qualifies to face the Elite Four. I have one or two theories, but they would be off-topic for this thread. I assume (since Lance and Lorelai have been in the animé) that the Elite Four exist in the animé universe. So, how do you get that far? :confused:

In any case, Ash is going to have to start winning Leagues soon. It isn't beyond the borders of imagination that he will win in Houen. However, I think it would be somehow appropriate that his first win be in his native Kanto League.

This is assuming, of course, that the Powers That Be intend to ever let him start winning big competitions. :rolleyes:

Barbara LeMaster
13th January 2003, 03:50 PM
A win in Houen would give Ash his second championship (the first being the Orange Islands) and then a victory in Kanto might be his ticket to facing the Elite Four in battle.

Hanada Tattsu
13th January 2003, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by BenRG
I would like to know how one qualifies to face the Elite Four. I have one or two theories, but they would be off-topic for this thread. I assume (since Lance and Lorelai have been in the animé) that the Elite Four exist in the animé universe. So, how do you get that far? :confused:

In any case, Ash is going to have to start winning Leagues soon. It isn't beyond the borders of imagination that he will win in Houen. However, I think it would be somehow appropriate that his first win be in his native Kanto League.

This is assuming, of course, that the Powers That Be intend to ever let him start winning big competitions. :rolleyes:

LOL

Anyways, I agree with BarbaraLeMaster. He'll prolly win the Houen League without a scratch as I predicted (he's got to win something) and then proceed to Kanto. I think he'll lose the league again, and then decide to devote his life to Pokemon studies (like Kenji and Shigeru, on point of fact).

347Studboy
13th January 2003, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by Hanada Tattsu
LOL

Anyways, I agree with BarbaraLeMaster. He'll prolly win the Houen League without a scratch as I predicted (he's got to win something) and then proceed to Kanto. I think he'll lose the league again, and then decide to devote his life to Pokemon studies (like Kenji and Shigeru, on point of fact).

Nah, I couldn't see Ash sitting still that long. He was molded for battle. Remember that episode in the Indigo series, "The Ultimate Test"? Ash was proven to be a great battler, but he knew next to nothing on the objective test.

Hanada Tattsu
14th January 2003, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by 347Studboy
Nah, I couldn't see Ash sitting still that long. He was molded for battle. Remember that episode in the Indigo series, "The Ultimate Test"? Ash was proven to be a great battler, but he knew next to nothing on the objective test.

Yeah, I guess you're right.

I wonder if he'll become a Pokemon Master like he's dreamed of since the first eppie. I dunno, we can only wait.

AKA Pokemon Fan
14th January 2003, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by Hanada Tattsu
Yeah, I guess you're right.

I wonder if he'll become a Pokemon Master like he's dreamed of since the first eppie. I dunno, we can only wait.
*sigh* no offense to you butI don't understand why people even wonder about this. OF COURSE HE's GOING TO BECOME A POKEMON MASTER!!!!!

That Ash is a prodigy trainer with the ability to gain unheard of bonds with Pokemon and to possess many other unusual abilities is something the series has been telling us from the beginning! THAT'S why Ash was the first person Ho-oh had appeared to in three hundred years, that's why he was able to calm Ponyta on his first try, that's why Ash could make the elemental spheres glow when he touched them in Revelation Lugia (and why Slowking insisted that it was Ash who HAD TO place them in the shrine), that's why his Pokemon so often perform beyond what their experience and level would entail, that's why Suicune appeared to Ash instead of Eusine (Eusine said Suicune had revealed itself to him but the creature was clearly staring at Ash), that's why he has many times defeated trainers who have trained twice as many years or more than him, that's why he was able to convince the Mother Lugia that he was trustworthy just by talking to it (Richie helped but it was when Ash spoke that the Lugia's demeanor changed).

There is no doubt that even if the series doesn't show the moment he becomes a Master that we'll get a look or mention of the future when he does.

The Rusted One
15th January 2003, 06:53 PM
In my opinion it would be so much better if Ash wasn't "special"; like, sure, movies and stuff happen, but then they try to make Ash "special" as concerned with almost everything. Couldn't they just have some movies abut how Ash happens to be in the right place at the right time without being revealed to have special powers or something? It would make it so much better and more believable (for pokemon that is).

AKA Pokemon Fan
16th January 2003, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by The Rusted One
In my opinion it would be so much better if Ash wasn't "special"; like, sure, movies and stuff happen, but then they try to make Ash "special" as concerned with almost everything. Couldn't they just have some movies abut how Ash happens to be in the right place at the right time without being revealed to have special powers or something? It would make it so much better and more believable (for pokemon that is).
I don't understand how you can say this. The Pokemon World is full of prophecies, god-like creatures, and people with magical or special abilities (i.e the sorceress that transforms Ash, Sabrina and her father), so why does a boy born with the destiny of becoming the greatest Master of all time not make sense? Its not like its a sure thing, he still has to work for it.

Besides, do you really think Pokemon would have been a successful series if its main character wasn't special? I mean there's hardly ANY action/adventure anime out there where at least one or two of the main characters is a normal person with no special abilities at all and who doesn't have fabulous, unbelievable things happening to him or her. Even Shinji in Evangelion has some (i.e the song which speaks of him being born to decide the destiny of the human race as well as that scene where Ritsuko remarks that Shinji seems to have been born to pilot Evangelion).

pokemonm
17th January 2003, 12:57 AM
your right the show will be plaine if ash wasnt special they would had the gs starters right after ash[some pepole thats a good thing]plus they will have a harder time in making the movies. why are you complaing that ash is specail you all ready knopw that pokemon has a noninvetive plot you want to have worse then it already is