PDA

View Full Version : Where's the Mod?

Razola
15th February 2004, 06:41 PM
I just notice that GreenShirt is no longer in charge of OPG. As a matter of fact, no one is.

Are the Admin. and Super Mods just going to scan this forum from time to time? Or is this a lawless zone?

woz
15th February 2004, 07:13 PM
i don't know why he was ever put in charge of the forum. the super mods and little_pikachu will probably watch over the forum until they choose a mod (if they are not already doing so in the private forums).

Red Angel
15th February 2004, 09:01 PM
Well, at present I don't think this forum is active enough to need a dedicated mod, but there will probably be mods as the release for FR/LG gets closer.

We really need LP or somebody to answer this, though.

Razola
16th February 2004, 01:08 AM
No, I 'd say that this place isn't busy enough to warrant a mod yet; other mods can easily check on it every so often. It's just weird having a blank space there.

We should take advantage of this moment by declaring mob rule.

Chris
16th February 2004, 04:33 AM
I'm checking over it regularly now. :)

We'll probably find a replacement soon...

Saturos
16th February 2004, 12:38 PM
That's some good news, Chris. Coming from you, I mean :)

The Muffin Man
17th February 2004, 08:04 PM
That's not how you become a mod Saturos. Sorry :).

I declare Mob r00wl! OMG NO MOD!!

...*cough*Yeah actually we're trying to settle who's gonna be mod here now.

Razola
17th February 2004, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by The Muffin Man
I declare Mob r00wl! OMG NO MOD!!
Watch it buddy. Do wanna get clamped?

EDIT: At least there's been some mod activity now. I recall some people asking for mod help in some threads.

SWAMPERT1
17th February 2004, 09:54 PM
i think id make a good mod. im responsable u know.:yes: . any who wen will a new mod be picked? and i was serious.

Razola
17th February 2004, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by SWAMPERT1
i think id make a good mod. im responsable u know.:yes: . any who wen will a new mod be picked? and i was serious.
The Universal Law of ALL forums on the web is that you will never become a mod if you ask.

The Muffin Man
17th February 2004, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by SWAMPERT1

Mod applicability - If you're not already a mod, don't ask to be a mod. Current mods get away with it because WE KNOW WHAT WE'RE DOING.

And calm down with that clampin' Raz. Your heart might clamp out again.

Razola
18th February 2004, 05:24 PM
Mod applicability - If you're not already a mod, don't ask to be a mod.
The Universal Law of Forums. What I want to know is why a mod would ask to be a mod. Unless you are referring to modding a different part of the board.

And calm down with that clampin' Raz. Your heart might clamp out again.
I got a surprise for you...

THE CLAMPS

Green_Pikachu
18th February 2004, 07:37 PM
oh teh nos. no mod,?!?!/1?!?!

"i don't like the sound of them apples, will! what are we gonna do?"

"it's hunting season"

*gunshot*

"apple sauce *****"

ahaha BONG!

for anyone of you who are clueless right now, that was a quote from Jay and Silent Bob. :/

Zak
20th February 2004, 02:37 PM
Mod applicability - If you're not already a mod, don't ask to be a mod. Current mods get away with it because WE KNOW WHAT WE'RE DOING.

Actually, that's doesn't really apply much anymore. That's been long over-ruled by Suzie. You can ask her yourself, Mike - it's only a matter of qualification.

Plus, as for the second sentence, judging by your actions in this thread, it seems like current mods will NOT always get away with it ;).

However people, do NOT be confused... asking rarely gets it. Words you say when you ask usually mean nothing. As long as there is proof that you're active, qualified, know your stuff etc. then there is a chance. So, only ask after you are sure there is proof, otherwise the chances may go down.

~Zak

Razola
21st February 2004, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by Zak
However people, do NOT be confused... asking rarely gets it. Words you say when you ask usually mean nothing. As long as there is proof that you're active, qualified, know your stuff etc. then there is a chance. So, only ask after you are sure there is proof, otherwise the chances may go down.

~Zak
I see how it works.

Mod me. Now. I do not ask this, I DEMAND IT.

Refusal to do so will result in a nasty clamping. Don't make me do that, you seem like a nice person.

Green_Pikachu
21st February 2004, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Raz
I see how it works.

Mod me. Now. I do not ask this, I DEMAND IT.

Refusal to do so will result in a nasty clamping. Don't make me do that, you seem like a nice person.

oh nos raz is scary. anyway, i don't even know if this forum NEEDS a mod. i'm just curious what they're gonna do with 4 games soon to be. RBY, GSC, RS, FrLg. I don't know if there is enough room to make a separate board for the new game. Although, this is just a guess of mine, i really have no idea.

cd
21st February 2004, 07:39 PM
raz you really are a moron. please stop posting.

Razola
21st February 2004, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by cool_daddy_47
raz you really are a moron. please stop posting.
You first.

EDIT: There's always the Ignore List, but I'm sure you already knew that. Right?

EDIT2: I guess this thread has served it purpose. My question has been answered, and I'm afraid of receiving more of cool_daddy's biting wit. So a mod can close it.

cd
21st February 2004, 10:38 PM
yes please before i get 'clamped'

:rolleyes:

Zak
21st February 2004, 11:30 PM
Okay, Raz, I don't know if that demanding statement was being serious anyways, if it wasn't (which is the most likely case), my apology. If it was, I'll be scared. At least I can be sure part of it wasn't... but Raz, if you're really serious about it, I suggest you lay low and quit goofing around, because like some people, especially you, Raz, it's really hard to tell whether you're serious or fooling around, at times. I'm not saying drop the sense of humor, but just basically cool it down a bit. If any BIT of that attitude in that post was serious, then you pretty much crushed your chances.

As for you, Steve... buddies or not, same goes to you, minus the mod-begging part. Just basically chill.

And by the request of Raz and some other people...

*close*

Either of you have any further questions, you can PM me.

~Zak