PDA

View Full Version : Wireless link cable...

Razola
16th February 2004, 01:38 PM
For those who have imported, have any of you used the wireless link cable that came with it? How good it is? We talking Wavebird Jr.? Is it used for more than just link battles? Does it work well on pre-Fire/Leaf games (in other words, has Fire/Leaf been optimized for it?) A idea of range would also be nice (and if there's any noticeable extra drain on your battery life)

More importantly, can I use it to connect to my Gamecube? Seriously...we need some wireless Final Fantasy ASAP.

Thanks much, as this is the biggest reason I am getting Fire/Leaf when they come out in the US.

Gagome
17th February 2004, 02:57 AM
I have used the Wireless Link Adapter.
So far it works only with FR/LG. I have tried to trade using R/S but nothing happened.
If I use it with FR/LG than a lot more options are available. Unfortunately I don't understand japanese and don't know what these options can do. I was still unsuccessful trading between FR - LG using it because I don't know which option is trading.
The first option only displays data about the other trainer: trainer name, ID and some empty slots which are probably filled when other games with Wireless Link Adapter are near.
The second option produced a similar display. Again I saw the other trainer name.
What the other options (I believe there are five or six) do I don't know yet.
If I got some spare time I will play a little bit with it.

The manual has a picture of a GC Gameboy Player with the Wireless Wavebird GC Controller and a big X over it. But there was no X with a cable connected GC Controller. So, obviously you can use the Wireless Link Adapter with the GC Gameboy Player but not with the Wireless Wavebird GC Controller. This is sad because I use the GC Gameboy Player very often with my Wavebird Controller and don't like the cable which I have to connect when I want to trade. Now I can choose between Wavebird or Wireless Link Adapter but not both.