PDA

View Full Version : To those who have played FR/LG or know a lot about it

AKA Pokemon Fan
16th February 2004, 03:02 PM
This topic is different from the other attack topics as those are all about naturally learned moves and Move Tutor attacks so I'm making this a seperate topic.

Anyway, my question is has anyone noticed if any Pokemon can learn TMs they could not in RS? I particularly wonder if Ninetales and/or Rapidash has/have gained any new moves. I already know from RS that Rapidash can use Solarbeam.

Thanks in advance.

soggy_cardboard
16th February 2004, 05:10 PM
There is a guide about those moves, on gamefaqs.com

Some include Persian with swagger, and Onix/Steelix NATURALLY learning dragonbreath :yes:

Number1ChanseyFan
16th February 2004, 10:24 PM
Well, I know that the only move that Ponyta/Rapidash learn naturally in FR/LG that they don't learn in Ru/Sa is Quick Attack, which is one of the moves that Ponyta is born with in FR/LG. (I think that Ponyta/Rapidash technically learn Quick Attack at Level 1.) Also, Ponyta/Rapidash can learn the following moves from the move tutors: Mimic, Substitute, Double-Edge, and Body Slam.

I am not sure if Vulpix/Ninetales learn any new moves, but the moves that they can learn from the move tutors are Mimic, Substitute, and Body Slam.

However, considering that the TMs are the same as they were in Ru/Sa, and since FR/LG and Ru/Sa are compatible with each other for trading, there probably won't be many changes as far as the TM moves that the Pokémon can learn, there may be a few, but I don't expect it to be too much different.

Poryhedron
17th February 2004, 01:27 AM
Why not? There's precedent. In Yellow, Charizard gained the use of Fly, Dugtrio and Kabutops gained the use of Cut and Venomoth got several new compatibilities. Of course, it could be argued that Nintendo just screwed up Red/Blue in general and have since learned to plan out these things better so that they don't need to make such corrections, but you never know. After all, I don't know of any pokémon who gained new compatibilities in Crystal, but there were still several that gained new natural moves and new egg moves.

AKA Pokemon Fan
17th February 2004, 08:54 AM
I'm already aware of most all the Move Tutor and new level-up moves (Yanma Hypnosis, Crawdaunt Crunch, Kirlia Magical Leaf etc.) What I was asking about was TM moves and possibly bredding moves though I doubt anyone knows if any of them have been changed.

A precedent for new TMs is Venusaur, who could not learn Earthquake until RS. :yes:

Poryhedron
17th February 2004, 10:28 AM
Well, I was talking about updates within a generation. Several pokémon in GSC could use TMs that the same species couldn't use in RBY even though the TMs taught the same moves.

soggy_cardboard
17th February 2004, 05:23 PM
Theres a list like that on gamefaqs.com aswell XD

Gligar_Man
17th February 2004, 06:33 PM
[TUTOR MOVES AND FR/LG EXCLUSIVES - MAY BE INCOMPLETE AND/OR INACCURATE] BODY SLAM,DOUBLE-EDGE,MIMIC,SUBSTITUTE

[NATURAL MOVES] CONFUSE RAY,EMBER,FIRE SPIN,FLAMETHROWER,GRUDGE,IMPRISON,QUICK ATTACK,ROAR,SAFEGUARD,TAIL WHIP,WILL-O-WISP

[TM/HM MOVES] ATTRACT,DIG,DOUBLE TEAM,FACADE,FIRE BLAST,FLAMETHROWER,FRUSTRATION,HIDDEN POWER,HYPER BEAM,IRON TAIL,OVERHEAT,PROTECT,REST,RETURN,ROAR,SAFEGUARD,S ECRET POWER,SUNNY DAY,TOXIC

[EGG MOVES] (5,5) DISABLE,FAINT ATTACK,FLAIL,HEAT WAVE,HOWL,HYPNOSIS,PSYCH UP,SPITE

and yes the bot is updated...

The Muffin Man
17th February 2004, 08:01 PM
You know copying and pasting right from the bot is very annoying with all the extra crap. You can at least reformat it to be a little less optically raping.