PDA

View Full Version : {Poll} Your first internet name..?

Cheesey
16th February 2004, 03:47 PM
What was the very first name you ever used on the internet? Where did the idea come from? How old were you at the time? And any other stuff you want to add... O_o

My first internet name was my AOL name - FireyChris50 XD I know, it was so ghey. But I was only 9 at the time, so at least I had a reason. Other AOL names I've had have been ChrisLugia, Lugia546 and DarkTyranitar352... >_> But my names aren't so crap any more. At least I don't think so. FireyChris was from when I couldn't think of anything and it was something that sprang into my head. Eventually I had a non-pokemon AOL name, which was EgroegSirhc. I used that from November 2002 to November 2003, and then I switched to Kuro Denryuu. So yeah... On TPM I used to be Dark Jolteon. Now that name doesn't sound as stupid. This name... I don't exactly know why I chose it. I like cheese, and I added a y, and look where it got me. o_O;

Syberia
16th February 2004, 03:51 PM
You're looking at it. It's stuck for almost 5 years now I think. Not really sure how it came about, though.

dark_tyranitar
16th February 2004, 04:08 PM
dark_tyranitar it has been forever. It came about because: I like Tyranitar, I like darkness, and they just go together nicely.

Lady Vulpix
16th February 2004, 04:14 PM
My initial followed by my last name. The ISP gave it to me, and it was also my first e-mail account. That happened back in 1996, when I was 17.

The_Missing_Link
16th February 2004, 04:20 PM
When I was 13, I searched on Google for a good Pokemon site and the first thing I saw was Pojo so I went to it. I looked around and saw a messageboard, which was brand new (the Pojo UBB was created in November 2000), but instead of signing up, I roamed around for a while until I finally created Izzy's-Tentomon13 on December 30, 2000. At the time, there were these two popular members, Kari's Gatomon and TK's Patamon. I was into Digimon at the time and my favorite character was Izzy so in the style of those two members, I created my name that way but added on my age so it wouldn't look exactly like their's. And recently, Pojo's messageboard switched from ezboard to vBulletin so I registered with my original name once more ^^

Silver Ledian
16th February 2004, 04:42 PM
My very first Internet name was my MSN e-mail address, eamon_o_neill27@hotmail.com. Very basic and pretty rubbish if I do say so myself, but I was unaware that I could actually go outside the boundaries of my name. My uncle gave it to me and I kept it for quite some time. I registered on TPM in April '01 under the name POKÉMON-EXPERT and in July I changed it to Silver Ledian, who I still am today.

Ask anyone, however, and they'll tell you that I've had about 12-15 MSN e-mail addresses, about 20 AIM names (all of which I've used) and about 5 Neopets accounts. I just get bored but I'm doing my best to keep my current ones and I like them - but I say that with them all so :P

I hope not to change anytime soon though. That's me basically :)

Jay Umbreon
16th February 2004, 05:34 PM
My first Internet name on the web all together was 'Hotshot' back in 1997, when I was only like 12 years old. I remember, I used chat in the freeserve UK chats XD lol

My first pokemon type name was registered in 2000 under the name 'JAY UMBREON' (all caps - indeed) the JAY UMBREON name came from me typing in caps all the time and a cross between my favourite pokemon at the time and my first name.

:)

~Jay

titandude21
16th February 2004, 05:50 PM
my first internet name was "henwiley" which stood for Henry Wiley. I was around 11ish at that time. since i was 11 and i didn't trust anyone on the internet, i used a fake last name. after a year or so, i used my real last name, and i got an AOL sn, titandude21. i've used that name for the past 3 or so years for everything, from forums/message boards of any topic to ESPN fantasy games

soggy_cardboard
16th February 2004, 06:14 PM
What was the very first name you ever used on the internet? Where did the idea come from? How old were you at the time? And any other stuff you want to add... O_o
"soggy_cardboard" is forever!

i have always used that, everywhere. i dont know why exactly.

if that has has been taken, i use: "tabasco_sauce_the_great"

:D

Moonlight Espeon
16th February 2004, 06:41 PM
I've probably had a million names on the Internet, but I'd have to say my first name was my AOL Instant Messenger screen name, which was originally "mageofdeath99". It was then changed to "blackmage1012", followed by "mageofdoom", followed by "Dark Squall 1000", followed by "darkpyromagician", followed by "SteelAggronTPM", followed by "AquaticFuryTPM", followed by "Dark Auron 1000", followed by "Zombie Tamer", followed by "eclipseruin" (but I never use eclipseruin because I was just kinda desperate for a screen name, but it makes no sense anyway XD)

@_@; Well that was quite a long list. As for TPM names, I registered as "tidalwave200" somewhere in June 2003, followed by "darkpyromagician" in July 2003, which was changed to "Aquatic Fury" somewhere in September/October 2003.

Mikey
16th February 2004, 06:44 PM
My first AIM name was ElectricKid47. Ha, I didn't even know who Elekid was at the time so don't say I got it from there. I just thought it sounded cool, but since then I have grown to hate it...

classy_cat18
16th February 2004, 06:47 PM
For me it was pokefan64 all the way. I was a fan of Pokemon, and I was into the Nintendo 64. I used it in chat rooms and a forum or two. When the name was taken I took to rapidash64. Finally I decided classy_cat18 was the best because I was into Pokemon chat rooms and I would RP as a Persian. The name stuck with me.

Red Angel
16th February 2004, 06:58 PM
My very first name is the same as my current MSN: evilweasel2k1. I really haven't had a lot of internet names... other were PokemonVoid on the PokeFor forums... and that's it. I've had my current one (on multiple forums) for years. I recently registered for battle.net as CrimsonSeraphim, since Red Angel was taken.

stickachu
16th February 2004, 07:05 PM
My first name was Stickachu. It came from a pokemon I drew up almost 6 years ago. The name just kinda stuck. Now I either use that or PirateLuigi. :yes:

Arrrgh!

kainashi
16th February 2004, 07:11 PM
my first one was either lugia426 or omegaraptor007, i forgot.

shazza
16th February 2004, 08:41 PM
Mine was just jeeves, plain and simple.

Razola
17th February 2004, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by Syberia
You're looking at it. It's stuck for almost 5 years now I think. Not really sure how it came about, though.
Ditto.

Started way back in the era of Starcraft. Cyrus was making a campaign on the World Editor. He needed a name for a zerg unit (I think). I came up with Razola, an extended version of my last name.

I use it whenever Raz is taken, and it's been my most used name in games.

EDIT:
Now I either use that or PirateLuigi.
GOLD

Pichu
17th February 2004, 12:43 AM
neocyndaquil

My first TPM name, about 3 email's name, and lots of other names for Blizzard games, Westwood games, etc. xD

cd
17th February 2004, 02:13 AM
<---

yep. i like it. i'm pretty sure my dad was the guy who came up with it when i first joined tpm, i was like 'what should i call myself' and he goes cool daddy. it seems like yesterday really. don't know where my 12 year old mind pulled the 47 from, though.

The Rusted One
17th February 2004, 02:34 AM
I didn't really ever post on any forums until I decided to sign up at Serebii a couple of years ago - and that was with this name. Messenger names hardly count (I had msn, but that was an address, not really a screenname...).

I chose this name because, ever since I was 13, some friends of mine have called me "Rusty" - I sort of thought I might as well include that somehow, but I didn't want something so "personal" and mundane as just "Rusty"...so I changed it, and look where it got me - lots of people call me that anyway. Not that I mind, really, as most are people I've become friends with, so I don't have a problem with how personal it is.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
17th February 2004, 03:52 AM
My first one was the one I use here becaue TPM was the first thing on the interenet I signed up with when my net was new back then. I still use it now and then but more commonly my abbreviation AVMA.

Royal_Goddess_Tina
17th February 2004, 07:52 AM
What was the very first name you ever used on the internet? Where did the idea come from? How old were you at the time? And any other stuff you want to add...

Well, my first msn account thingie was keithssignificantother@hotmail.com because I liked this guy named keith... and also cuz I liked Limp Bizkit's "significant other" album... lol... I think I was maybe 11...

homeofmew
17th February 2004, 08:02 AM
first aim name: PikachuMew25151
first TPM name: Ancient Mew
first e-mail: TinaMichie001@hotmail.com
TPM's Drawing board name: Pocket_Monsters
first and only mIRC name: Pocket_Monsters

Moltrecuno
18th February 2004, 01:15 AM
First AOL s/n: Blindingscyth387
Scyther was one of my favorite pokemon at the time and I thought it was cool how Scyther's scythes shine in the light. So yeah. If you turn the numbers into letters it could be EBT. *shrug*

First Forum Name: Houndoom467
Houndoom was my favorite pokemon and I didn't want to let out that I was a girl online. I don't really know where I got the numbers. If you turn 'em into letters it could be AGT.

Current Forum/Screen Name: Moltrecuno
Stuck for over two years now. Yay. :)

I just noticed those numbers that can represent letters in my s/ns are the letters seen in my full name. Weird. O_o

~M~

Linux
18th February 2004, 10:21 AM
MSN - footscray@hotmail.com which Jay gave to me when he cracked it... if you don't live where I live in australia you won't realise how wrong it is rofl

Yahoo / AIM - feztra... Fez is a shortened version of my surname, and Tra came from the first thing's three letters that came to mind... i'll let you figure that out :P

TPM - Blue Tonberry. the name is still on tpm but I lost the password and apparently the email too

Soneko
18th February 2004, 12:26 PM

My first name was Scythazard, which I chose because I loved and still love Scyther and Charizard. I was ten, almost eleven (heh). And uh... yay, for me.

RedStarWarrior
18th February 2004, 06:57 PM
What was the very first name you ever used on the internet? Where did the idea come from? How old were you at the time?
First name....hmmm, I really don't recall. I can't even remember the first time I was on the internet. Wow...my memory sucks.

DannyBoy
18th February 2004, 11:01 PM
I remember it was Pizzapika13. I liked Pizza and I used to like the rat. Don't care for Pikachu that much...First TPM name was TrainerD14 I think. First e-mail was pizzapika13@aol.com

DarkTemplarZ
19th February 2004, 11:12 AM
My first internet name was AlexKFSC, don't ask why. I was like 8 and I didn't know anything. For MSN my SN used to be rimrocka2indy@hotmail.com but that got screwed up. For AIM, StellarFire207, same as it's always been and always will be ^_^. TPM, my first sn was Rhydon4, but I changed it a million times, first when u could change ur visible name on the UBB and then cuz I got banned a few times.

Kyl3
19th February 2004, 01:30 PM
Oh my God! I've gone through so many. My first other-than-TPM-name was Rare_Killer. (stfu I was 7 or 8), my first TPM mane was... uhm... I think Rare_Killer also. Then KyLe él mAsTeR came along. Then, I changed my name to X, the Pokémaster and Pokémaster X. Then, Pokémaster Kyle. (Ahh the days of being able to change names) Then X. Just X. I liked that. In fact, if Suzie will delete that X banned person (which, I'm almost 100% sure, was me back when I didn't know what SPAM was. XD), I would ask her to change my name to X. All other places, I use X1337 because every place now need a name thats four characters long. I hate the 1337 at the end of my name...

RedStarWarrior
20th February 2004, 01:56 AM
Now I remember my name. It was Scyther 2 on Ibutsu.com before they went under. On Ibutsu.com I would join the popular group, TR, run by Ginger Cat (I believe). I don't know if it is the same Ginger Cat that went/goes here or not. My name became Rocket Scyther 2. Then I eventually created my own offset of this group, the Rogue Rockets, and my name became Rogue Rocket Scyther 2. Ahh...those were the days. I am glad I finally remembered them.

suzie
21st February 2004, 12:42 AM
my first one in #pokemasters chat was PokeMasterLorelei. i had the biggest crush on PokeMasterBrock. dont tell anyone.

then i was like NurseJoy for a while, then i switched to selphie` which became selphie and now im owning irc as suzie. wow, what a trip.

Craig
21st February 2004, 11:47 AM
I first started chatting on the internet or really anything computer related with starcraft v.01 (yay!) so my name was something lame, I believe it was "ZealotOfChaos" :|:no:

mistysakura
21st February 2004, 10:04 PM
My first name (and it was here at TPM too) was Cutie_Misty. I think I was 10 or something. The origins are self-explanatory. I think that account's still here, only 1. I now hate the name and 2. I've forgotten the password, and I can't get it back cause I changed my email as well.

Wolfsong
28th February 2004, 11:55 PM

My very first internet name was Nala98, Big surprise there. I got the idea from Nala from the Lion King who was my favorite character in the movie, and the 98 from 1998 which is the year that I graduted from high school. I was either 18 at the time that I chose it, and I kept it right up until a few days ago when my name was changed from Nala98 to Wolfsong. I love wolves and i remembered hearing the name wolfsong somewhere. I think it was off a book by a Tracie somthing i cna't remember her last name to save my life. Also, I love the sound of a wolf howling, and since a howl is like a wolf's song, the name made sense. ^^

Angel Blossom
29th February 2004, 01:11 PM
I see that someone with a very.. original.. first internet name has not posted in this topic yet. XD

What was the very first name you ever used on the internet? Where did the idea come from? How old were you at the time? And any other stuff you want to add...
My very first internet name was Chikorita25. I used this name on Bulbagarden AGES ago.. from late '00 - early '01. If any old members from BulbaGarden go here, you might recognize my name. ^^ I believe that I chose that name because back then, I thought Chikorita was cute, and the number 25 had to do with something at school, which I'm not sure about, lol. I think I was 12 at the time, right before my birthday. However, I'm sure that I had another username before the one I mentioned, but I really don't remember it. I have the memory of a fish... ^^;;

Zak
29th February 2004, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Angel Blossom
I see that someone with a very.. original.. first internet name has not posted in this topic yet. XD

Hi! :wave:

Back in 99 before I knew about any messaging programs, and I was heavily into Pokemon, I signed up on BMG and Pokemopolis chat as 'SCIZOR ROX DA HOUSE'. TPM's UBB soon opened and I signed up there with that name too. XD no wonder my account was deleted.

~Zak

FTorchicX
29th February 2004, 04:36 PM
My name on the internet has been and always will be FlamingTorchic, its amazing how popular a name can be when it is yet so simple and unoriginal.

kurai
4th April 2004, 01:07 PM
My first interweb nickname was probably Hyrulian_Genius, I believe one of the accounts with a similar name that I used still exists here, but I am not too sure. I may have used something else previously but that was the only one I used for a significant period of time in the early days.

nick
4th April 2004, 01:09 PM
blastoise0981886!!!!!! my aol name!!!

Metallix
4th April 2004, 07:52 PM
I can't recall what my first internet name was, but I have a feeling that it was probably Formula One related.

Anyway, my first name here at TPM was "gonnaenodaethat?" XD (Basically, I couldn't come up with a name when I was signing up for TPM. Chewin' The Fat was on TV at the time, and it features a sketch where a lighthouse keeper torments another lighthouse keeper in a variety of different ways. The punchline of the sketch was "Gonnae no dae that?" "How?" "Just....gonnae no?")

The moment the UBB got upgraded, I changed it to Metallix. (I've recently changed it on other boards to Xillatem however)

abunaidesu
4th April 2004, 09:17 PM
My first e-mail was cubone70@hotmail.com lol. I remember when I was at my friend's house and asked her what an e-mail was, and she showed me hotmail for the first time. I think I was in fourth or third grade. I remember asking her how to "send an email to someone" X)

I went from Icy to Yuffie, then Kiyone. Here I am now. ;] The only reason I started using the name Kiyone is because I stole the nick from someone on WebChat. The dumbass had the password as "stuffy" and I just took it.

Mostly everyone calls me Steph though. Except Dean, of course.

Systematic Revolution
5th April 2004, 12:06 AM

Well, my first internet name was Nathan. Obviously, that's my name. But after that it became "Chaos" just because I like the word. I STILL use it. You're looking at five years worth of Chaos here, lol

~SR

Drago
5th April 2004, 12:38 AM
Jeez, I'm fairly sure the first name I used while going to chatrooms and such was Geodude. Yup, no clever jokes, no numbers, no extra names, just boring old Geodude.
Eventually, I used MartianMan, and my, did he go on a lot of adventures. I dunno what made me think of MartianMan, mebbe I was watching Marvin the Martian or something. Nonetheless, I still think it's a damn fine name. If I had joined TPM a year earlier, it probably would've been under the name MartianMan.

midnightangel
6th April 2004, 01:55 PM
My first internet name was boots288
I was deciding on a name at the computer store to put as my first e-mail when the name of my mom's feisty cat came to mind. Man, that was almost 4 years ago and I still use that as my e-mail address. In fact, I have that name--boots288 as my Hotmail/MSN IM account and my Yahoo account

The name "midnightangel" came in when I was listening to this song by Pat Benetar. The full lyrics are: Now the hands of time are standing still. 'Midnightangel' wants you...say you will....
I was looking for a unique name that no one else had and picked this one when I signed up at TPM three years ago.

Kris
6th April 2004, 04:12 PM
Ive had a few over the time

Fluffy - First ever when I was at a pet chat room over 4 years ago
Dusty - Same site new name
Kris_Ditto - First name on TPM
DittoMistress - Stole the idea from Raichu Mistress
Kurusui - Kris in Japanese
Kris - Its my name!