PDA

View Full Version : OMG! R/S has a Move Tutor!

Nadda
12th January 2003, 06:59 AM
Enter http://members.lycos.co.uk/pokefor/meowth346/data/zukan/search.php

Click on a Pokemon, Doesnt matter who, And check the note under the Egg moves..

Azura Stardust
12th January 2003, 07:20 AM
OMFG???? his dex actually works now!!

And I think THOSE are those moves which people said nobody learnt!!!!!

omg :o :o :o Where is this move tutor dude!!!111oneoneone

Nadda
12th January 2003, 07:28 AM
Outside the game corner maybe?:o

Madelyn151
12th January 2003, 08:26 AM
yeah, those are the hyper beam-ish moves of grass, water, and fire. 150 power, 90% accuracy, 5pp, recharge turn. *imagines omastar using hydro cannon* *imagines moltres using blast burn* *giggles*

there's one exception - voltekka must be that electric-type double-edge. it's exactly the same power and pp and effect, just an electric-type move.

EspeonGuy
12th January 2003, 09:09 AM
oooh... Move Tutor!

A fellow named grem (not sure if he's around here, but he IS on TPM's chat) gave me the 100% done'th Sapphire game. I might as well chexx0r those Elemental H-Beams.. MUST..

*has a big urge to find the f'ing tutor* :I

The Muffin Man
12th January 2003, 10:45 AM
Espeonguy - Please PM the mods a link to this "100% done Sapphire" game.

Voltekka? Is that Electric Attack? The 120pwr, Recoil electric move? Hmmm. Geez, what a big load of crap they decided to keep it away*not becaus it's bad. Because they never gave it to us in the first place when it's not THAT amazing*

Cyber Dragon
12th January 2003, 12:02 PM
Elemental Hyper-Beam attacks! Woo!

Except for that electric one, like someone already said.

Now if only I can find him!!! :D

Anyway... off topic, but I checked all of my future team's entries (see team in sig). Whoever said Starmie doesn't learn Enlighten has been proven otherwise in that 'dex... (drools over a special sweeping Starmie) but what's wierder is that the 'dex says Starmie can even learn a darn fighting move too - the 1st TM, Raging Punch... AND Combo... AND Solar Beam...

Wait a minute, if it can't learn Water Surge, and it, being a water type, then...

Agh, I'm guessing some of the TM/HM Machine List moves are wrong.

Nadda
12th January 2003, 12:07 PM
Voltekka is VERY neat!

Madelyn151
12th January 2003, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Cyber Dragon
Agh, I'm guessing some of the TM/HM Machine List moves are wrong.

yup, sorry. they are. i was like "venusaur gets scream punch and flamethrower but no solarbeam lyke omg wtf!!!!" ... or not. but yeah, the tm lists appear to be a little... screwy right now XP

SageofDarkness
12th January 2003, 02:52 PM
Ooooooh *licks lips* Thanks d00d *runz*

Slowking86
12th January 2003, 03:42 PM
Yay! Powerful elemental Hyper Beamish moves! I like it!:D

EspeonGuy
12th January 2003, 03:44 PM
Muffin Man - ok. you are SO getting it. XP

keep searching for the Move Tutor! I'm itching on me fingers to get teh move tutor's beams.. interested.. *drool*

Nadda
12th January 2003, 03:53 PM
GUYS, Voltekka + Leftovers or Voltekka + Rockhead ownz!

ChIcK-KOH
12th January 2003, 10:42 PM
I don't reckon that Rock Head guys will get Voltekka...

Kari and Mewtwo
12th January 2003, 11:54 PM
elemental hyper beams?? beh.. not even worth it.. regular hyperbeam is only worth using on kek-king, since he skips turns anyway, plus hes got the highest attak power in the game.

only one i see worth using is voltekka..

Scythemantis
13th January 2003, 12:11 AM
Wait....does wobbuffet really learn all those TM's now!?!??! I kinda liked him having a set moveset, but this does make him tons more useful.

www.pokeusa.com
13th January 2003, 04:27 AM
According to Meowth346, he said you can see the Move tutor in next Pokemon GBA game or the Gmecube game

Nadda
13th January 2003, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by ChIcK-KOH
I don't reckon that Rock Head guys will get Voltekka...

Steelix is a Rockhead, And he can learn Electric attacks..

The Muffin Man
13th January 2003, 08:20 AM
Umm, I doubt that. Meowths pokedex is off and as far as I know Steelix doesn't learn Electric attacks.

Also - Imagine Metagurosu or something with 00ber Special att. with Psycho Blast :o Meta especially, he has the defense to sit around for a turn.

Chrisodeo
13th January 2003, 06:15 PM
They sound really useless unless on high-damage pokemon. For the same reason that Charcoal is used on Moltres, high damage. If a 120-power attack OHKOs lots of pokemon, imagine how many would be OHKO'd by a 150-powered one! But in practical battles, the only tutor move that would be usable is Voltekka, and then only with recovery or Rock Head. And the only Rock Heads that learn Electric attacks are Bosugodora, Steelix, Aerodactyl, Rhydon, and Jilanth. Except Jilanth and maybe Rhydon, none of these should be using their horrible Spl Atk. And these moves are refutable, since Meowth's Dex seems to have some mistakes at the moment... (Ex: Magneton learning Fly?)

Edit: Checked TGhost's Dex. Jilanth, Steelix, and Aerodactyl can't learn Electric attacks.

vitortomita
13th January 2003, 06:52 PM
YOU'LL NEVER FIND HIM!!! The rom clocks are screwed, and the move tutor provably only appears at certain days of the week. And I don't think many of us have the real cartridge...

soggy_cardboard
13th January 2003, 10:59 PM
yeah thats what i was thinking...just like in g/s/c

like he comes 1 day after beating the elite

and i bet there is a whole lot of items that u cant get because there is no days of the week and no night...

...i want those damn evasive secret hideout items...

Nadda
14th January 2003, 04:03 AM
There is a time code!

Trip
14th January 2003, 05:26 AM
Well, I have the cart. If anyone wants me to do anything regarding this, I've got the cart and I'm willing to do it. Just lemme know.

- Trip

No Nonsense
14th January 2003, 11:19 AM
Does that mean that thunderbolt,flamethrower or ice beam cannot be taught by the R/S move tutor

vitortomita
14th January 2003, 01:20 PM
They are TMs now. Is there a day modifier code?

Cyber Dragon
14th January 2003, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by The Muffin Man
Also - Imagine Metagurosu or something with 00ber Special att. with Psycho Blast :o Meta especially, he has the defense to sit around for a turn.

From what I've learned so far, Psycho Blast is not one of the new 'Hyper Beams'. And for some odd reason, someone said it is not affected by STAB. That's wierd.

It is just like Overheat. Use it once, your Special Attack is halved. Use it again, and it is halved again. Again, and it's halved again. The effect lasts until you switch out.

I don't get these moves. They are Special Attacks, but the stat that powers it is halved. That's USELESS!!! >_<

AKA Pokemon Fan
15th January 2003, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Cyber Dragon
I don't get these moves. They are Special Attacks, but the stat that powers it is halved. That's USELESS!!! >_<
Well Psycho Blast is the most powerful Psychic move and is learned by a Psychic Pokemon with a extremely high Special Attack. They had to make it fair somehow. Besides, use Enlighten two times and your Special Attack will be back to full.

Azura Stardust
16th January 2003, 02:55 AM
Wait - if Metagurosu uses Psycho Blast, does its special attack get halved? It has the Clear Body trait..

(if it got PB in the first place)

but somehow I think I'm hoping in vein, because if it can use Meteor Punch and receive boosts 20% of the time, then it can get its special attack halved :(

Mute
16th January 2003, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Azura Stardust
Wait - if Metagurosu uses Psycho Blast, does its special attack get halved? It has the Clear Body trait..

(if it got PB in the first place)

but somehow I think I'm hoping in vein, because if it can use Meteor Punch and receive boosts 20% of the time, then it can get its special attack halved :(
If I'm not mistaken, the Clear body trait prevents the opponent from lowering your stats. Attacks your pokemon uses may still lower them. This happened when I fought the rejis. They would use whatever-attack and their stats would drop.

--Mute

soggy_cardboard
16th January 2003, 07:47 PM
TRIP: pls look for a move tutor in r/s, and tell us where he is and on wat day

and im guessing there is no day modifier yet (i would of thought they would do that cheat b4 time...:rolleyes: )

TeamRocketElite
18th January 2003, 03:34 AM
There is no Move Tutor in RS. Meowth meant RS's equivilant to the Move Tutor. So if there is a Move Tutor it will be in the Stadium game or third version.

Chrisodeo
18th January 2003, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by Mute
*snip* This happened when I fought the rejis. They would use whatever-attack and their stats would drop.

OT, but that attack would be Animal Strength. Some of the tokuseis are confusing. Like the starters'. They get a 1.5x boost when their HP is low, but how low? And, where is this list, so I can find more tokusei to clarify?

Dave
18th January 2003, 09:42 AM
Why does someone keep talking about a day modifier? If there are no days of the week in the game, why would there be a way to change the day? All you can do is change time. If it works to get trees you plant to grow, it should work for everything else.

Azura Stardust
18th January 2003, 06:52 PM
Don't you find it very strange, though, if in GSC they had days and weeks and a graphical night, and now they don't? what kind of stupid idiot gave feedback to remove those things? >:\

Anyways, I wanted my buried berrys to grow but they didn't even with the time modifing code...