PDA

View Full Version : Questions

Totodile Colone
12th January 2003, 10:32 AM
The release date of Ruby and Sapphire in USA is 3/18/03. Which one should I get? Im thinking about getting Ruby, since there is a cool Pokemon on the cover...
---> http://images.bestbuy.com/mimages/software_games/1120/11204375.jpg

...What Pokemon is that anyways? Heh...Is it supposed to be legendary, like this one on the Sapphire cover?
--->http://images.bestbuy.com/mimages/software_games/1120/11204379.jpg

Thanks.

Dave
12th January 2003, 10:47 AM
The Ruby box shows Groudon, a legendary, and the Sapphire box shows Kyogre, another legendary.

There are only two main differences between the versions - Team Aqua and Magma have different roles, and there are pokemon in one and not the other.

In Ruby, you fight Team Magma, who use Fire types (Donmeru and Bakuuda, mostly). In Sapphire, it's Team Aqua, who use Water Types (Kibania and Samehaddaa).

The pokemon only in one version are:

Ruby - Taneboh (+evos), Kuchiito, Sorurokku, Zanguusu, Groudon (Rare in Ruby: Volbeat, Kagebouzu, Mainan)

Sapphire - Hasuboh (+evos), Yamirami, Runatoon, Habuneeku, Kyogre (Rare in Sapphire: Illumise, Yomawaru, Purusuru)

So it's really up to you - which pokemon would you want to catch more?

Dark Sage
12th January 2003, 07:18 PM
Actually Dave, both teams of villains are in both games; its just that the Magmas play a bigger role in Ruby, and the Aquas play a bigger role in Sapphire.

See, the two teams are enemies. At several points in the game, you'll come across places where you'll find members of the two teams fighting each other (unfortunately, they'll always call a truce long enough to dispose of YOU).

That makes the game somewhat of a three-way conflict; the Magmas and the Aquas are both trying to eliminate each other, and you have to beat them both - and if you you catch Groudon or Kyorge before they do, they aren't going to be very happy.

- Venusaur

Dave
13th January 2003, 02:37 PM
That's why I said they have different roles, rather than they are exclusive to each game.

In Ruby the Aqua leader, when you meet him in Sandy Cave, asks you to help Team Aqua stop Team Magma. In Sapphire it's the other way around - At no point in either game do you fight the team you're helping.

And as for the bit about 'if you catch Kyogre/Groudon before them...' - you're wrong again. Throughout the game you chase the corresponding bad guys as they plot to get to the Underwater Cave, and your aim is to stop them unleashing the legendary (that's what the Old Man on Cemetery Hill tells you, and why the woman gives you the second Orb when the Team Leader steals the one which releases the legendary). When the Leader finally does release it, and realises he can't control it, he gets scared and admits it was a big mistake, and everyone agrees it's up to you (using the second, Orb which calms it down) to capture it.

Dark Sage
13th January 2003, 02:55 PM
Sigh... sorry, I was misinformed again.

It seems that not everyone has the storyline right, and I get conflicting reports all the time.

By the way, on a totally unrealated subject, I will soon start posting in the Fanfiction section a series of short stories that I call "Earth-PKMN."

What are they about? Wait and see!

- Venusaur