PDA

View Full Version : Need some info comfirmed about MGS: Twin Snakes

Master Rudy
18th February 2004, 02:10 PM
According to a guy working at my local EB the new MGS for the Cube is a two disc set that also includes Sons of Liberty. I've heard nothing of this and haven't read that news anywhere. Was this EB guy taking Bear's advice and doing lines or is it true that Twin Snakes has both MGS and MGS2 in one set?

*has a feeling it's not true since EB's got a rep of being wrong*

woz
18th February 2004, 02:57 PM
no, it is just a remake of MGS.

The Muffin Man
18th February 2004, 03:41 PM
Most likely he got his info cross somewhere along the lines. It has new stuff from Sons of Liberty(i.e wall-hanging, first-person mode) but it's only MGS.

Master Rudy
18th February 2004, 10:09 PM
That's kinda what I was expecting. I already knew about it being a remake of the original MGS with features from SoL. Looking back I'm guessing he may have saw something like "two disc" on his screen and jumped to conclusions. In any case I can't wait for March 10th. I've had it reserved at EB for six months and the best part is that they are selling it for $39.99 instead of the usual $49.99! ^_^

Ultimate Charizard
29th February 2004, 07:52 PM
either he jumped to conclusions or he was your usual EB employee who knows pretty much nothing about video games at all.

I applied for a job there a few months before christmas. I was turned down after the interview even after he questioned my knowledge of Video Games and the industry in General.

On the way out i decided to buy something anyway and the guy serving me couldnt understand what i meant by 'Nintendo Gamecube'
I asked for a couple of different Multiformat games and each time he pointed out the PS2 version....

....anyway, thats pretty much off topic. It probably is just the Original metal gear remade which is better than just porting the first two. Less for the PS2 fanboys to claim Nintendo are stealing their Games.

Razola
29th February 2004, 08:07 PM
It's the Metal Gear for the PS1, not the Metal Gears for the NES. It has a lot of features from MGS2 added (like first person view), though.

Ultimate Charizard
29th February 2004, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Raz
It's the Metal Gear for the PS1, not the Metal Gears for the NES. It has a lot of features from MGS2 added (like first person view), though.

yeah i know that, i fell into the trap of calling the PS1 version the Original. What i meant was the Original MGS (Metal Gear Sony as i call it.

Crazy
1st March 2004, 06:12 AM
Yeah I have heard a little about this game, I liked the 1st MGS but since I sold my PS2 I thought I wouldn't have a chance to play any other MGS.Now they are making a remake for all the systems and one of my favorate games.

Mewfour
1st March 2004, 04:57 PM
CONFIRMED:

GCN exclusive, no SoL bonus disc, uses SoL's engine, no FMV CGIs: pure in-game graphics, will be able to rotate camera during dialoges

UNCONFIRMED:

Will contain the NES/MSX Metal Gear as unlockable

TOTAL ABSOLUTE FANBOY SPEWOUT BULLCRAP:

Coming to PS2

Razola
1st March 2004, 05:09 PM
Doubtful. Silicon Knights is a Nintendo developer, meaning that unless they pull a Rare we won't be seeing Twin Snakes on the PS2 for some time.