PDA

View Full Version : Banners & Avatars: PLEASE LOOK!

Metal Claw
12th January 2003, 11:12 AM
Is the program you all use to make banners for website and stuff, Photoshop? I don't have it downloaded but was wondering....

Also I've been expirimenting with making the pics under my name. (Avatar's I think)
What do you all think of the pic of Kuririn? Be critical. I like the goofy expression, but wish it were more clear.

If I get an answer 4 my question and opinion on my avatar, I'll post again with a new avatar. (for more criticsm, of course)

If you like them, I can also make avatars for you...but I'm getting ahead off myself....I'll wait for posts first.

Thanx.

Guardian Lugia
13th January 2003, 01:52 PM
I agree with you that your avatar could be a bit more clear.

I think a lot of people use photshop for their banners, but I'm not sure. I didn't use it for my banners, but I don't follow the regular ways. :) You could try using Paintshoppro as well, it's supposed to work okay as well.

I however made my banners in an alternate way.
I'll use this one as on example.

http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/attachment.php?postid=116406

First I made the size of the picture in Microsoft photo editor on one computer. Then I e-mailed it to my other computer, whiich has Macintosh installed. There I've used the sketching part of the Appleworks program (I think it's a bit old, this computer is old as well) and opened the pictures. I put the background on it, choose the pictures I wanted, selected them and put them on the banner. the part the where still white (like between the dragonairs tail), I recolored.

However this is not the regular way and asks a bit experience with Applesworks, which is a bit like a improved Paint, and I wouldn't recomand it. :no:
The best way to do thing serious is with either PaintshopPro or Photoshop (the last one should be the best) However, if you're really experiened with another program, just give it a try, something good may come of it :yes:

Oh and I forgot, my avatar I made in Paint.
Oh, it's so fun to combine both the advandetges of Windows and Macintosh :D :yes: :yes:

Metal Claw
13th January 2003, 04:11 PM
Thanx Guardian Lugia!

I'll do a little expirimenting with banners. How does this avatar of Link look?

Guardian Lugia
14th January 2003, 05:50 AM
Oohhh It's looks really better then the one you used earlier

possessed
14th January 2003, 07:15 AM
if you have photoshop try going to Image> Adjust> Brightness-contrast is a very helpfull tool to make pic's less blurry. Hue-saturation is also good for this.

Keyblade Master
14th January 2003, 02:41 PM
I like the Link av (Zelda games rock the house!!!!!!!!) Where did you get the pic?

Metal Claw
14th January 2003, 04:30 PM
I got the Link pic at www.webshots.com

If you go there, you can find a pic of almost anything! However I got this a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time ago so....it is a little old, and possibly hard to find.

If you want the pic and can't find it. I'll be happy to post it.

Thanx Guardian Lugia, possessed, and Keyblade Master for your help!

I'll post with yet another avatar, in a few moments....

Metal Claw
14th January 2003, 04:34 PM
How's this avatar of Goten?

So far I like the Link one the most!