12th January 2003, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by angelspet
i know part of the rules but not all
1.what cup must u beat
2.pikachu has to be in all the 3poke-teams but do u have to use him yo battle
3.can u get continue and still get it
4.can pikachu faint

1) Prime Cup R2.
2) Only in the final battle, I think. Not sure; someone can clarify.
3) Yup.
4) I believe so.

mvtm
16th January 2003, 12:28 PM
In order to teach your Pikachu SURF which is a technique it would not normally learn, you need to first unlock the Round 2 mode. Now do the following:

Enter the Round 2 Prime Cup's Master Ball division. In order to do this you have to beat the other three divisions first.

Assemble a team that contains a Pikachu that does not yet know SURF. You must use a Pikachu from the Game Boy game, which means you cannot unlock Surfing Pikachu using a rental Pikachu.

Do not register your team. Play the game directly from your Game Boy cartridge.

You now have to beat the Prime Cup's Master Ball division using a three-Pokémon team that always contains Pikachu. Pikachu must be in every one of the eight battles, and you are not allowed to use any continues. If you do, you won't get Surfing Pikachu.

Once you have fulfilled all the above conditions and beaten the cup, you are shown an award screen with Pikachu standing on a surfboard. From here on, Pikachu can use the SURF technique both in battle and during gameplay in your Game Boy versions of Pokémon. If you own Pokémon Yellow, you can now also access the hidden Surfing Pikachu mini-game. Simply go to the small hut on the northern beach of Route 19.

------ That was taken from TPM old site .

But now i think it can be done with continues, although i alredy done it without continues like 3 times and i have a surfing Raichu , Pikachu,Pikachu , so it works , to get a surfing Raichu just get the Surfing Pikachu and evolve it with a thunderstone.

Well thats all hope i helped , see ya

;)

angelspet
16th January 2003, 02:54 PM
if pikachu faints can u still get it

Charizard04621
16th January 2003, 07:25 PM
I think so. Just try it out and don't worry; you can always try it again.

Syberia
16th January 2003, 10:49 PM
Pikachu doesnt have to participate in the battle at all, it simply must be a member of the three pokemon you choose (thet is to say, it doesnt actually have to fight at all.) I just beat it with a level 100 Amnesiatwo, a level 5 Pikachu, and 4 random others from my G/B cart. Just remember, your team of 6 cannot contain even a single rental.