PDA

View Full Version : [GSC] rate ream

drizzt
20th February 2004, 11:55 AM
pleaz rate my team and i want to use either Slowbro or Wobbefet but i cant dicide which

Dragonite@miricleberry

Fire blast
Surf
Thunderbolt
ice beam

Tyranitar@leftovers

Earthquake
Fire Balst
Crunch
Surf

Electibuzz@charcoal
psychic
thunderbolt
thunderwave
fire punch

Magmar@magnet

Fire Balst
thunder punch
psychic
cross chop

Quagsire@quick claw

Earthquake
surf
slam
Amnesia

Wobbafet@ thing that lets u have 1 hp left
Destiny bond
Counter
Safe guard
Mirror Coat

or

Slowbro@ kings rock

Surf
Curse
Shadow ball
psychic

rate my team. any moves or pokemon i should get ride of please tell andn slowbro or Wobbafet?

Leon-IH
20th February 2004, 04:11 PM
Dragonite@miricleberry
Fire blast
Surf
Thunderbolt
ice beam
~ ok, i can understand this but.. it sucks, try Double Edge, Haze, Surf, Rest.

Tyranitar@leftovers
Earthquake
Fire Balst
Crunch
Surf
~ Rock Slide over surf and your kickin

Electibuzz@charcoal
psychic
thunderbolt
thunderwave
fire punch
~ no psychic, have crosschop instead.

Magmar@magnet
Fire Balst
thunder punch
psychic
cross chop
~ OK, i prefer c-ray on psychic.

Quagsire@quick claw
Earthquake
surf
slam
Amnesia
~ *side kick* try earthquake surf rest and haze/stalk (if it can get haze)

Wobbafet@ Focus Band?
Destiny bond
Counter
Safe guard
Mirror Coat
~ i prefer lefties

or

Slowbro@ kings rock
Surf
Curse
Shadow ball
psychic
~ bad slowbie set, change for twave surf rest and fire blast :)

br0d
20th February 2004, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by drizzt
Slowbro@ kings rock
Surf
Curse
Shadow ball
psychic

As Leon said, the best slowbie is a special attacker, but if you really want a physical attacking one, try the following

Slowbro@Mint Berry
Belly drum
Earthquake
Shadow Ball
Rest

Number1ChanseyFan
20th February 2004, 04:41 PM
Dragonite has a max Attack stat of 366, so you will want to make sure to get some moves on it that take advantage of it's terrific Attack!! Go with something like this:

Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Wing Attack
Double-Edge/Body Slam
@Leftovers.

Tyranitar-Pretty good, but get Rock Slide in it's moveset, it's a pretty decent attack when it gets STAB, especially coming off of Tyranitar's 366 Attack Stat. Replace either Surf or Fire Blast with Rock Slide.

Electabuzz-Not bad, but replace Psychic with Ice Punch, and attach Leftovers. The only thing that Charcoal does is boost a Pokémon's Fire type attacks by 10%. Leftovers are much more beneficial. Also, if you use Slowbro for your last Pokémon, you can give Slowbro Thunder Wave, and replace Electabuzz's Thunder Wave with Cross Chop.

Magmar-Ok, just go with Sunny Day over Psychic, and attach Leftovers instead of a Magnet.

Quagsire-I would recommend going with Curse and Rest instead of Body Slam and Amnesia. Attach Leftovers.

For the last Pokémon, I would use Slowbro, with a moveset something like this, it works pretty good. :)

Surf
Thunder Wave
Counter
Rest
@Leftovers.

Overall: Your team has a 3x weakness to Ground types, (Tyranitar, Electabuzz, and Magmar) and Grass types. (Tyranitar, Quagsire, Slowbro) Using Wobbuffet instead of Slowbro as your last Pokémon would fix that problem, but I don't really recommend using Wobbuffet. Grass moves aren't overly common anyways, so it shouldn't present too much of a problem. THe 3x Ground weakness is a little more worrisome though, because Earthquake is a very commonly used move. Also, attach Leftovers to all of your Pokémon!! ^_~

topgun534
6th March 2004, 07:25 AM
Ya hear all this talk about the leftovers... now where else can you get them besides from the Snorlax...?

dark_tyranitar
6th March 2004, 07:28 AM
A Trash Can in the Celadon City food eating competition, if I'm right.

Number1ChanseyFan
6th March 2004, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by topgun534
Ya hear all this talk about the leftovers... now where else can you get them besides from the Snorlax...?

Well, you can duplicate items and Pokémon. Just be careful, the duplication trick works very well in Gold and Silver, but it is extremely hard to do in Crystal. Most people say that duplication can't be done in Crystal. There is also a very real chance that doing the duplication trick wrong on Crystal can mess up your game, such as deleting the Pokémon/item that you were trying to duplicate, or even deleting every Pokémon in a box in your PC. So, just be careful, and if you are going to duplicate, if it is at all possible, duplicate on Gold/Silver.

Now, here is a description of the duplication trick!! ^_~

Figure out which Pokémon you want to duplicate.

If you want, attach an item to the Pokémon that you are going to duplicate, so you will also be duplicating the item in addition to the Pokémon.

Save your Game, then go to a computer at a PokéCenter, and access Bill's PC. Deposit the Pokémon that you want to duplicate, then switch to another box.

Now, when the screen says "saving.....do not turn off the power" turn off the Gameboy. Wait for the entire message to come up before you turn the Gameboy off.

Finally, when you turn your Gameboy back on, if you have done the trick correctly, you will now have two of the Pokémon that you wanted to duplicate, one in your lineup, and one in the PC box.

Hope that this a little bit of help!! :wave: