PDA

View Full Version : I challenge DarkPrincess (Ref Needed)

The_Missing_Link
12th January 2003, 11:46 AM
haha, another rematch. We didn't finish the last one due to unfortunate circumstances but now we'll duel once more

2 on 2
You choose first
I attack first
Arena: Your choice
DQ: 3 days
Ref: ACTIVE!!! And someone who can use grammar and punctuations correctly

Knight of Time
12th January 2003, 11:52 AM
Well, since a few battles I was reffing unfortunately died on me, I'll ref if you want.

DarkPrincess
12th January 2003, 12:48 PM
oh..a challenge..I happily accepted ^_^

*takes out a Pokéball with some elvish writing on it* *tosses it at the ground and a Dratini pops out*

Arell: *blinks than stretches out getting in her battle pose ready to fight*

The_Missing_Link
12th January 2003, 01:11 PM
Since I just got a new Pokemon, I'll try her out. btw, what's the arena?

Go Dione! (female Chansey)

First off, split with a double team. Then commence with a defense curl and finally a blizzard

Double Team~Defense Curl~Blizzard

DarkPrincess
12th January 2003, 01:19 PM
The arena will take place at the very top of the tower in Isengard. If one of the battling Pokémon falls over the edge a big eagle will fly them back up. Some attacks can cause damage to the arena.

Okay Arell, start off by hitting all of the Chansey clones with your Blizzard attack so all of them get hit. Next, when she prepares that Defence Curl, hit her fast with a powerful Fire Blast. Finally, use your Agility to move behind the Chansey when she uses the Blizzard.

EDIT: I thought it said Clefairy so I wrote Clefairy instead of Chansey...I didn't change attacks though so don't worry =D

Knight of Time
13th January 2003, 10:22 AM
Err, DarkPrincess, just out of curiousity, but is this tower out of Lord of the Rings?

I'd kinda like to know before I ref, please.

Discothéque
13th January 2003, 11:01 AM
Hm, I believe it is DP; Orthanc is it? Yep, the tower of Isengard. ^^; *scurries away and watches battle*

Syberia
13th January 2003, 07:19 PM
It's the place where Saruman fights Gandalf in FotR...I've used it as an arena once too ^_^

o_O This topic seems to be a gathering of all LotR fans

Charizard04621
13th January 2003, 07:33 PM
No, no, you forgot meeeee!!!

*comes rushing in with singing trailing in from behind her*

A Elbereth Gilthionel,
silivren penna míriel
o menel aglar elenath,
Gilthionel, A! Elbereth!

Errr, *stops the singing*

Riiiiight. ^_^;

Oh, I'd like to point out to Sybby that the actual top of the tower where Gandalf was imprisoned wasn't actually shown in super detail. Just wanted to remind DarkPrince too, that DarkPrincess seemingly means the top of the Tower of Orthanc. (Isengard is the place, btw, and the tower's name is the Tower of Orthanc.)

Syberia
13th January 2003, 07:47 PM
Styx: *points at the above poster* You still cannot pass!

Isn't the top of Orthranc just a flat stone surface, gray and devoid of all markings, with four pillars sticking up out of the sides? That's what it looked like when Gandalf jumped from it.

Wolfsong
13th January 2003, 08:19 PM
*Drops in to spectate*

Knight of Time
14th January 2003, 12:44 PM
Hi!

Just incase everyone here is curious, I am not that familiar with LOTR, so please forgive me if I mess up here on anything related to LOTR.

Round 1

The_Missing_Link vs DarkPrincess
Dione the Chansey vs Arell the Dratini

Prebattle:

The scene is the top of a famous Lord of the Rings tower known to all sorts of LOTR fans as the Tower of Orthanc in Isengard. Looking like it came out of a storybook, a couple of trainers soon come to this exciting place, deciding to do battle right on the top of this high tower. The first trainer, who is none other than the challenged, a huge LOTR fan and returning ASB veteran known to all as DarkPrincess soon makes her entrance. Taking hold of one of her Pokeballs, she enlarges it, and opens it up to reveal an energetic female Dratini named Arell. Soon, the second trainer, another ASB veteran known to all as The_Missing_Link makes her appearance, and she takes out a Pokeball. Enlarging it, she opens it up to reveal a female Chansey named Dione. As the two trainers and their Pokemon go to their respective sides, a male Dragonite knwon to all as Dracor flies me right to the top of this huge tower. Recalling the highly intelligent dragon, I take out my trusty flag, and wave it, declaring this battle to begin.

Dione: 100% fresh, ready to battle
Arell: 100% fresh, ready to battle

Battle

As this first and opening round unfolds, Dione smirks at Arell. Preparing to make some extra copies of herself, the Chansey calls upon a few clones, and is almost immediately joined by three mirror images of herself. Unfortunately for Dione, Arell begins to snicker at her and the three clones. Summoning a great, very cold wind packed with several icy shards, the shards rip through all of Dione's clones, reducing them to nothingness, while Dione herself screams in pain from the extreme chill. Soon, Dione glares at Arell. Angry at the Dratini for destroying her clones, she curls up into a tight ball, hoping that she can defend herself a bit better in this battle. However, Arell has a few plans of her own, and she soon breathes out a kanji shaped fireball which hits the Chansey in the back. Slowly beginning to uncurl, Dione glares at Arell again. Deciding to give the Dratini a taste of her own medicine, she creates a powerful wind of her own, equipeed with several icy, sharp shards. However, this doesn't faze the Dratini too much, as she 'hovers' quickly, stopping right behind the unsuspecting Chansey, managing to only get hit a few times. With this first round over, how will the two combatants fare in the future? Only time will tell as I wave my flag, declaring this first and opening round to draw to a close.

Post Battle Stats:

Dione: 82% angry at Arell, no clones
Arell: 94% a bit cold, otherwise fine, speed sharply increased

DarkPrincess
14th January 2003, 03:30 PM
Nice Job Arell ^___^

Arell: *grins evily* rawr

Alrighty, now use your Sig Move, Invisiblity* to do what the magical attack does for you. Than, use your Double Team to make it even harder for Chansey to hit you. Finally, hit her with a quick and fast Thunder

http://pokemasters.net/images/games/ruby_sapphire/rs302.png Arell http://pokemasters.net/images/games/ruby_sapphire/rs302.png
Dratini (F)
Sig Move: Invisiblity
Arell recites this elven spell outloud "Quella tuulo' elea" than with in a second she is invisible. For the rest of the round, Arell can attack the opponent without fear of being seen. However, Arell isn't immortal when she is invisible. If the opponent's attacks manage to hit Arell while invisible the same damage will be given to her. There is a two time limit for this attack plus there must be a two round gap between the usages.
Type: Normal | Damage: n/a | Accuracy: 75% | Effect: Makes Arell invisible

EDIT: I messed up the smilies around Arell's name..they were Dragonite smilies so I changed them to be a Dratini. Sorry ^^;

The_Missing_Link
14th January 2003, 03:55 PM
There's always a fault in plans Dione...

Dione-How so?

Arell may be under the spell, but her clones aren't. It doesn't say anything about clones being under a spell also, just her, although, this is up to the ref mind you

Anyway, try to get a sing in there before she uses her spell. If it works and she's asleep without the spell up, use toxic and then blizzard. If she's awake, use swift and then double team

Sing~Blizzard/Swift~Toxic/Double Team

Knight of Time
16th January 2003, 08:17 AM
Round 2

Prebattle Stats:

Dione: 82% angry at Arell, no clones
Arell: 94% a bit cold, otherwise fine, speed sharply increased

Battle

As this second round unfolds, Arell smirks at Dione. Beginning to recite a special spell, a few magical words are spoken, and within a few seconds, the Dratini begins to slowly vanish. Meanwhile, Dione snickers to herself. Even though Arell may be partially invisible, she is proven to not be invincible, and the Chansey soon begins to sing to her heart's content, hoping her pleasant song can put Arell to sleep. Good luck soon comes to the Chansey, as Arell manages to hear the song, and she falls asleep, still a bit visible. Knowing that Arell is temporarily unable to attack her, Dione soon opens her mouth to reveal a highly poisonous glob of venom which she spits at Arell. With no hope of avoiding the highly toxic substance, Arell doesn't even notice as the venom begins to torment her insides. Ouch. Smirking, Dione continues her attack plan on the tempoarily defenceless Dratini, and she summons a second very cold wind, filled with several sharp icicles which pierce Arell in her sleep. Ouch, indeed. With this round over, will Arell be able to avenge this round? Only time will tell as I wave my flag, declaring this second round to draw to a close.

Post Battle Stats:

Dione: 82% confident, proud of herself
Arell: 81% asleep, pretty cold, lucky not to be frozen, badly poisoned

The_Missing_Link
16th January 2003, 02:44 PM
That's the way Dione. Good to be confident, not overly so though. Being cocky is a bad thing

Ok, first use double team. That's definitely a must since Arell's limited in attack. Then attack with a good ice beam and finally lift her up and slam her down with a psychic

Double Team~Ice Beam~Psychic

If she wakes up and uses a double team at any time, use icy wind

DarkPrincess
17th January 2003, 03:46 PM
If asleep:

Sleep Talk x3

If she awakes...

Blizzard on all the clones. Agility to dodge the Ice Beam and Toxic.

*is tired* *storms off to rest*

Knight of Time
18th January 2003, 10:01 AM
Round 3

Prebattle Stats:

Dione: 82% confident, proud of herself
Arell: 81% asleep, pretty cold, lucky not to be frozen, badly poisoned

Battle

As this third round unfolds, Dione smirks at the sleeping Arell. Proud of herself for putting the Dratini into a temporary slumber, the Chansey calls upon a few clones to replace the ones she lost, and she is soon joined by not one, two or three, but rather four mirror images of herself. Soon, Arell begins to stir in her sleep, and she decides to move rather slowly, as if in a slow wave trance. Meanwhile, Dione snickers at the sleeping Dratini. Readying an icy blue beam of energy to strike Arell as hard as she can, the Chansey shoots the iced beam towards Arell. Starting to feel really cold from being struck, Arell continues to stir in her sleep, and she then suddenly charges towards a Chansey, threatening to swing her tail and ram her head into the Chansey viciously, only to see the clone vanish into thin air instantly. Wrong one. Soon, Dione begins to concentrate on using her psy powers on the Dratini. Beginning to glow a deep purple colour, she prepares to lift Arell into the air, but something makes this feat quite hard to do this, namely Arell doing her best to endure off the attack as much as possible. Man, Arell was lucky, if it hadn't have been for the toxins that are still tormenting her insides. With this round over, will Arell be able to make a comeback in this battle? Only time will tell as I wave my flag, declaring this third round to draw to a close.

Post Battle Stats:

Dione: 82% confident, three clones
Arell: 70% asleep, really cold, in a mild Slow Wave trance, badly poisoned

Rachel, incase you are wondering, Arell's ramdomized commands were Curse (Slow Wave), Double-Edge and Endure.

DarkPrincess
19th January 2003, 12:52 AM
*sigh* heaven forbid whenever i decide to come back i still suck..why do I even fooking bother? *sighs*

Sleep Talk x3 (if asleep)

Toxic, Outrage (is wakes up which will never happen)

The_Missing_Link
19th January 2003, 10:27 AM
Oh c'mon, you were way better than me before you left, a 2-0 game advantage over me. Nothing has really changed. It's just luck and strategy that plays a part in battles

Good work Dione. Now I want you to use Gravijaa Slam (I so hope I spelled that one right). In case no one knows what it is, Dione grabs Arell and teleports up as high as she can. Then she performs a seismic toss and as they both are falling down at a fast rate, Dione avoids damage by teleporting safely to the ground

Gravijaa Slam

Now, if she wakes up before you can move over to grab her, use an icy wind. Then use a psychic and finally a rollout

Knight of Time
20th January 2003, 10:05 AM
Hi!

Rachel, just so you know, none of my ASB friends (you included, as well as you, T_M_L (mind if I call you your real name?) are terrible at ASB. Like T_M_L said, the outcome of battles are just a matter of luck (you probably knew I use a randomizer, right?).

Anyway, here is Round 4.

Round 3

Prebattle Stats:

Dione: 82% confident, three clones
Arell: 70% asleep, really cold, in a mild Slow Wave trance, badly poisoned

Battle

As this fourth round unfolds, Arell continues to stir in her sleep. Thinking about jumping up in the air and landing on top of one of the four Chanseys, she jumps up pretty high, landing on a Chansey, only to see it vanish right away. Wrong one again. Soon, Dione snickers at Arell. Preparing to pick up the sleeping Dratini, the Chansey wraps both arms around Arell, and immediately teleports up pretty high, before spinning Arell around and around, dropping the Dratini down to the ground with her, several meters below her. Luckily for Dione, she manages to instantly disappear, reappearing on the ground safely. Still asleep, the Dratini continues to stir in her sleep, when she suddenly creates a pinkish, transparent barrier, hoping it can try to ward off a special attack of Dione's. However, this reflective barrier is proven to be a waste, as it is allowed to drop. Stinker. Continuing to stir in her sleep, Arell begins to think about charging towards one of the remaining Chansey, and she charges headfirst towards one, her forehead glowing a pure white colour. Unfortunately for Arell, this proves to be nothing but another clone, as she awakens, starting to feel a little disappointed, as she winces from the toxins in her body that continue to torment her. With this round over, will Arell be able to start a comeback in the next round? Only time will tell as I wave my flag, declaring this fourth round to draw to a close.

Post Battle Stats:

Dione: 82% confident, one clone
Arell: 59% awake, in a mild Slow Wave trance, badly poisoned, is a bit disappointed

100FangCroconaw
20th January 2003, 10:50 AM
Ahh, You forgot meeeeeeeee!

The_Missing_Link
21st January 2003, 09:39 AM
100FC, don't spam unless you have anything meaningful to say. And you can call me by my real name, DarkPrince

Ok Dione. Strike her hard and fast with an egg bomb then send her flying with a double edge. Finally, make things interesting and use a metronome

Egg Bomb~Double Edge~Metronome

Prodigy
21st January 2003, 10:05 AM
Perhaps it's just me, but only managing to Teleport "several meters" into the air and then completing the combo for a mere 11% damage is a pretty shabby execution of Gravijaa Slam.. you sure Chansey can't Teleport any higher than that?

Knight of Time
22nd January 2003, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by Prodigy
Perhaps it's just me, but only managing to Teleport "several meters" into the air and then completing the combo for a mere 11% damage is a pretty shabby execution of Gravijaa Slam.. you sure Chansey can't Teleport any higher than that?

Man, I knew this might come up...

Prodigy, just out of curiousity, but did you and C04621 make the Gravijaa Slam combo?

I hate to say this, but this is like the first time I ever reffed Gravijaa Slam, so I am not really sure how much damage it can usually do.

The_Missing_Link
23rd January 2003, 02:05 PM
I really shouldn't be the one to explain this since I was the one that ordered the move but since Prodigy hasn't replied, I will. I think Gravijaa Slam was first used by DRWS or Impereon and it's basically teleporting up high in the sky and performing an extreme seismic toss. Since Arell didn't seem to perform any attack that could prevent damage (I think, I don't know), then slamming to the ground hard would cause extreme pain, much higher damage than normal

You should really PM Prodigy or someone else who has used it to know. This is just my take on it

DarkPrincess
26th January 2003, 02:40 PM
Sorry but I'm going to be taking a break from TPM....a deep depression that once came to me is returning so it's best i don't stay here for it...this place brings too many memories because two guys who i thought were special hate me..Konspiracy Thearoy and The Dark Master...it has come to my attention that both of them hate me so i just don't wanna come here for a bit in order to adjust that two of my best friends i made here are now against me so naturally I'm just heartbroken. If the two guys I mentioned are reading this I'm sorry to embarass you but you should be ashamed of yourselves. I trusted the both of you and this is how you repay me? I know for a fact Konspiracy hates me..someone told me The Dark Master hates me and I don't know if I should believe it or not. If this is a mistake than please tell me. If anyone wants to talk to me, you can contact me at "DarkPrincess394" at instant messaging. In this moment I could really use a good friend. Thank you. Bye. You can either wait for me to return guys or make TML the winner. It doesn't matter to me.

Knight of Time
26th January 2003, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by DarkPrincess
Sorry but I'm going to be taking a break from TPM....a deep depression that once came to me is returning so it's best i don't stay here for it...this place brings too many memories because two guys who i thought were special hate me..Konspiracy Thearoy and The Dark Master...it has come to my attention that both of them hate me so i just don't wanna come here for a bit in order to adjust that two of my best friends i made here are now against me so naturally I'm just heartbroken. If the two guys I mentioned are reading this I'm sorry to embarass you but you should be ashamed of yourselves. I trusted the both of you and this is how you repay me? I know for a fact Konspiracy hates me..someone told me The Dark Master hates me and I don't know if I should believe it or not. If this is a mistake than please tell me. If anyone wants to talk to me, you can contact me at "DarkPrincess394" at instant messaging. In this moment I could really use a good friend. Thank you. Bye. You can either wait for me to return guys or make TML the winner. It doesn't matter to me.

Man, that's quite a shock Rachel.

I feel really sorry for you.

I have heard of people spreading lies about someone, and I just hope this isn't true.

Anyway, I can wait, unless Rebecca wants to claim this battle as a victory.

BTW, did TDM ever say to you that he hates you, Rachel?

The_Missing_Link
26th January 2003, 08:13 PM
I will wait 2 days, for I hope that Rachel will change her mind about quitting again

The_Missing_Link
30th January 2003, 08:37 AM
*sighs* Well, I guess another one of my battles has gone down the drain. Damn. I won't evolve/catch since this was all a waste anyway