PDA

View Full Version : FF7 on Cube...

Razola
21st February 2004, 01:08 AM
Just a rumor... (http://www.nintendojo.com/infocus/view_item.php?1077316358)

I doubt it'll happen, but it would be a nice way for Square to come back to the Cube. Gives Cube owners a nice Square treat, but doesn't take the main line of FF games away from those who bought a PS2 soley for them.

I've also never played FF7. You'd think I 'd be ashamed, but I'm not. I could never get over how Cloud looks. If there was a point where the male protagonists started to look like wussies, Cloud was it. Not complete wuss, but it was start of the decline.

I'll shut up now...you fanboys might have rabies.

dracox
21st February 2004, 01:39 AM
hahahaha i guarandamntee that they got the rumor from the ign boards, where someone posted about their gamestop manager friend who heard about it from nintendo reps. good old nintendojo, always worth ****

Razola
21st February 2004, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by dracox
good old nintendojo, always worth ****
I agree with you, but...

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~paulma/images/x_want_to_believe.jpg

red13n
21st February 2004, 03:15 AM
Originally posted by Raz
You'd think I 'd be ashamed, but I'm not. I could never get over how Cloud looks. If there was a point where the male protagonists started to look like wussies, Cloud was it. Well, to make you feel better about not playing the game, Cloud doesnt just look like a wussy(He is one, and he has horrible character to go with it, what little he has anyways).

Crazy
21st February 2004, 09:31 AM
I hope that's true because FF7 in my opinion was the best one out of the series. Plus Cloud doesn't look like a wussy,I mean if he can hold a huge sword and swing it I highly doubt that he is a wuss. The only charactor that got on my nerves was Tidus in FFX. FFX2 looks like a joke, I mean even though it has chicks in it it is just weird to see Yuna singing pop songs.

SageofLaughter
21st February 2004, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Crazy
IPlus Cloud doesn't look like a wussy,I mean if he can hold a huge sword and swing it I highly doubt that he is a wuss.

Cloud has a big sword. Cloud uses said big sword to kill things. That's pretty much all the character development Cloud gets throughout the entire game.
He spends most of the time angsting his way out of doing anything important, and completely caves into Sephiroth on more than one occasion.

Cloud is a wuss.

The Muffin Man
24th February 2004, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by SageofLaughter
Cloud has a big sword. Cloud uses said big sword to kill things. That's pretty much all the character development Cloud gets throughout the entire game.

Play past the first reactor.

Cloud spends most of the game wondering if he really IS who he's been told he is all his life, and wether or not he's really just a clone of Sephiroth that's gone wrong, or if he's his own person. And wether or not Tifa's been spoon-feeding him memories of another friend she DID lose.

Play the game. THEN let your jaws flap about "No character development".

TeleFox
24th February 2004, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Crazy
The only charactor that got on my nerves was Tidus in FFX. FFX2 looks like a joke, I mean even though it has chicks in it it is just weird to see Yuna singing pop songs.

I found Tidus' laugh pretty irritating... especially that time when he's taunting the Luca Goers through the megaphone.

***FFX-2 MINOR SPOILER***

It isn't Yuna in the beginning, just a look-alike. So far I've only heard Yuna sing "La la, lala la lala"...

Mewfour
27th February 2004, 10:12 PM
Square-Enix bringing their most popular FF game to Nintendo? Hah. After that cruel, cruel, joke that was Crystal Chronicals, I highly doubt Square-Enix is ever going to be freindly with Nintendo again.

SageofLaughter
28th February 2004, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by The Muffin Man
Play past the first reactor.

I've played through FF7 twice. Once to play the game, once to complete everything in it so that no one could say I missed something important.

Cloud spends most of the game wondering if he really IS who he's been told he is all his life, and wether or not he's really just a clone of Sephiroth that's gone wrong, or if he's his own person. And wether or not Tifa's been spoon-feeding him memories of another friend she DID lose.

Which is precisely my point.
Cloud spends the whole game angsting over who he really is. Because of this, his personality seems to change with every disc and the person he really is never fully explored.
Sure, he has more plot twists to his name than any other Final Fantasy character, but plot twists amount to nothing if there's no substance behind them.

Razola
28th February 2004, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Mewfour
Square-Enix bringing their most popular FF game to Nintendo? Hah. After that cruel, cruel, joke that was Crystal Chronicals, I highly doubt Square-Enix is ever going to be freindly with Nintendo again.
Chronics rocks and you just suck good sir.

I hope there's a sequel to it.

The Muffin Man
29th February 2004, 12:04 AM

Which is precisely my point.
Cloud spends the whole game angsting over who he really is. Because of this, his personality seems to change with every disc and the person he really is never fully explored.
Sure, he has more plot twists to his name than any other Final Fantasy character, but plot twists amount to nothing if there's no substance behind them.
So your point is you didn't pay attention, obviously. Because if you really played the game, or at least didn't have something against Cloud, you'd really notice the development.

SageofLaughter
29th February 2004, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by The Muffin Man
So your point is you didn't pay attention, obviously.

Care to counter-attack my arguments, rather than trying to undermine me?

The Muffin Man
29th February 2004, 08:21 PM
Care to counter-attack my arguments, rather than trying to undermine me?

:( *Sighs*Do I HAVE to...?

Drago
2nd March 2004, 03:16 AM
Pleh. Of course this was going to turn into a Cloud argument. It's inevitable... Why can't anyone give a damn about Red XIII? Now there's a character to talk about :P

Anyway, although I have doubts of the likelihood of said circumstances, I'll treat the matter with optimism. Makes me wonder if they'd really bother doing much with the GC though. I mean, are we looking at a RE update here? Or a RE3 remake that sells for half the price? Sorry if it stated that somewhere, I can't be bothered to be thorough.
I also don't really know if the GC's controllers are well suited to the real-time battling system. Those shoulder buttons are an uber pain at the best of times.

Nonetheless, I've already got it on PlayStation. Usually the only updates I get are the GBA Mario ones that I know I'll regret buying. I've got, what, four multiplayer Mario Bros now... And nobody else with a GBA.

Yoh Asakura
2nd March 2004, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by DragoKnight
Pleh. Of course this was going to turn into a Cloud argument. It's inevitable... Why can't anyone give a damn about Red XIII? Now there's a character to talk about :P

Anyway, although I have doubts of the likelihood of said circumstances, I'll treat the matter with optimism. Makes me wonder if they'd really bother doing much with the GC though. I mean, are we looking at a RE update here? Or a RE3 remake that sells for half the price? Sorry if it stated that somewhere, I can't be bothered to be thorough.
I also don't really know if the GC's controllers are well suited to the real-time battling system. Those shoulder buttons are an uber pain at the best of times.

Nonetheless, I've already got it on PlayStation. Usually the only updates I get are the GBA Mario ones that I know I'll regret buying. I've got, what, four multiplayer Mario Bros now... And nobody else with a GBA.

More of a Sepi person myself.
I find the button posistioning on the GCN controller fine.