PDA

View Full Version : Gulpin ep preview (and a bit of the Grovyle one).... and it looks VERY strange.

Zak
21st February 2004, 06:48 AM
Whee...

Alright, I don't think Ash or James will get Gulpin. But it looks like a good episode that could lead in to another event.

-FACTS-

Basically, translating the text on Palette and TVTOKYO, this has been deducted:
Ash and co are on their way to Petalburg City for the Gym badge, when Ash comes across a town (no name). As he enters, Jenny comes by and warns him immediately about the town being terrorized by Gulpins, who are crawling about and eating everything in sight. And Professor Shakuji of this town has been researching the problem and trying to find a way to get rid of the Gulpin. Ash as usual voulenteers to investigate the scene, so Jenny suggests he visit the Professor...

And now, watching the teaser preview, it seems they're using all sorts of mechanisms to try it... and a bunch of grass types as well... a Tangela, a Parasect, and even a MEGANIUM! Heh, maybe from the professor's lab, or possibly a bunch of passing Grass trainers. You'd probably expect Ash and co to try Treecko and Lombre.... well, from the pic alone, it looks like Treecko AND one of the Gulpin are huge and godzilla-like. And no, these are not TR decoy's, they're the deal, as the clip demonstrates it growing.

An interesting fact, according to Palette, in the short teaser summary they have for the ep with Grovyle and Exploud...
At the beginning, Ash is somehow walking in the woods, and his Treecko is STILL in it's huge state (in it's Pokeball, of course). Then they meet some Loudred trainer (yes, Loudred, not Exploud), who overhears Ash talk about problems with Treecko, and tells them he has problems with his Loudred as well. It appears to be rioting constantly, yet the trainer explains it's usually not like that...

Looks fun. Now for my Speculation:

-SPECULATION-

I think that there will be a cool cliffhanger with Ash's Treecko being huge. Yet somehow, the next ep starts with him in the woods. IMO he returned Treecko and ran. Also, I think it's rather safe to say that Treecko evolves, and I know there's no proof... but I mean c'mon. Treecko in an odd state, and all they meet is a Loudred trainer... and the title is EXPLOUD VS GROVYLE. If it doesn't evolve, then they'd have to meet another Grovyle trainer, to battle the Exploud/Loudred trainer. And what do Ash and his Treecko do? Sit and spectate and help again? So yeah, I think it evolves, and when it does, I think THAT's how it returns to it's normal state.
As for the Gulpin ep, I think Treecko and that one big Gulpin managed to drive the rest off, but I'm still wondering what they do with that huge Gulpin, especially since at the beginning of the next one, Ash is still in possesion of Treezilla, and he's back IN THE WOODS again. IMO Ash returns Treecko to it's ball and runs, while the scientist manages to forcefully catch or stop that huge Gulpin and keep it in the lab to study and find a cure to it's normal size... so perhaps, in the following ep, either Ash's Treecko evolves and he calls Shakuji with the news, and then Shakuji helps Gulpin evolve... or vice versa, with Shakuji's Gulpin evolving, and him contacting Ash about Treecko, and Treecko hears this and gets excited about returning to its normal size and evolving.

So that's my speculation... what do you think?

~Zak

Animelee
21st February 2004, 05:22 PM
Man, I hope he stays in his giant state. Satoshi always gets rare and unusual Pokemon, so not only will his Juptor be tough and cool with his stick, but he'll be a GIANT! 8)

Kojiro
21st February 2004, 06:23 PM
Yeah, but then Ash would have a hard time battling with him, having a Godzilla sized Grovyle. That makes me wonder how in the world someone is gonna use a Wailord for battle.

ShockingAlberto
22nd February 2004, 07:58 AM
Is it possible Treecko learned Grow and simply can't control it? I've never trained one before, so I'm not sure it can even learn it, but who knows? It seems plausible.

-- ShockingAlberto

Fossil Kabutops
22nd February 2004, 12:00 PM
I find one thing weird: in a picture I saw, you see Treecko and Gulpin both gigantic, but there's one weird this: the stick in Treecko's mouth has also grown larger! So maybe Treeko and Gulpin are made large with a machine or something because otherwise the stick couldn't be that big!:confused:

Nameless
22nd February 2004, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Kojiro
Yeah, but then Ash would have a hard time battling with him, having a Godzilla sized Grovyle. That makes me wonder how in the world someone is gonna use a Wailord for battle.

If you've ever seen the Reboot Movies where they make fun of Pokemon that's probably a good example of what it maybe like, not that silly of course.

For Wailord, well, the writers can avoid it by not showing it in the anime or have it battle. I mean, we've never seen a pokemon use absorb, mega drain, etc. All attacks that would require the user to bite and suck the living brains out of it's opponent.

Zak
23rd February 2004, 12:00 AM
Wailord was in AG 34/310: The Great Starter Pokemon Panic. They were in the Slateport Center, and aside frrom May's training for the Contest, the starter panic of nurse Joy's Torchic/Combusken, there was also a part in it where a Wailord had washed up at the beach, and TR wanted to kidnap it... blah blah blah, and they saved it. They actually MANAGED to lift it with the balloon. It was huge, but it was just about the size of Onix.

Also, I believe Wailord is one of those Pokemon that in the Anime, they can only battle in Water and can't do a thing on land. So... I'm sure Wailord could be used in the average league-stadium-size Water field. I'd be very impressed if they gave Wallace one. Grovyle'd own it though :P

~Zak

ThePhenom
24th February 2004, 02:55 PM
From the episode pictures I've seen it's a good deal bigger than Onix, or Brock's Onix atleast.

Chris 2.1
24th February 2004, 03:41 PM
I think the point made was that Wailord won't be shown in many battles, as it's been introduced into the anime in Episode 310. I thought it was really cute, actually!

Saturos
27th February 2004, 03:48 PM
Ash's Treecko evolves in the next episode when battling an Exploud.

Bakuryu
1st March 2004, 08:19 PM
I thought Treecko shrunk to its normal height already.

Pewter City Geodude
1st March 2004, 08:31 PM
It did. Go read the synopsis.