PDA

View Full Version : Open Challenge (ref needed)

Thunderman
21st February 2004, 12:33 PM
I'm new and am looking for an opponent.
2on2, 1 out at a time
Arena:Plain Grassy Field with a pool of water in the center. Large trees surround the area and there is a posibility for stron winds to blow through the area.
DQ:3 days
I send out first you attack first.

I'll use my Feebas (F)

DarkTemplarZ
21st February 2004, 01:44 PM
I'll ref this battle

Moonlight Espeon
21st February 2004, 02:14 PM
I'll challenge ya. I send out my male Electrike, Ixion.

Alright, Ixion. Start off the battle with a Zap Cannon. Then, use Thunderbolt. Finally, end the round with Charge.

Zap Cannon~Thunderbolt~Charge

Thunderman
21st February 2004, 02:33 PM
Uhoh FEebas looks like we'rre up against an electric type. Ok Start off by Light Screening that Zap Cannon, hopefully that will stop the attack. Next Mirror Coat the Thuderbolt. Now that he's charging hit him with a Confuse Ray.

Light Screen~Mirror Coat~Confuse Ray

DarkTemplarZ
21st February 2004, 04:45 PM
Feebas
HP: 100%
Energy: 100%
Status Effects: Fine

Ixion the Electrike
HP: 100%
Energy: 100%
Status Effects: Fine

===================
Round 1
===================

Ixion the Electrike starts off the battle, a large round ball of electricity forming around it. Electrike leaps into the air, hurling the ball of electricity right at Feebas. Feebas quickly forms a translucent gold glittering barrier. As the Zap Cannon passes through it, it slowly shrinks and slows down. It still hits Feebas, but for considerably less damage than it normally would. Feebas is slightly paralyzed by the weakened attack.
Electrike is frustrated, and sparks begin flying around it. With a roar, it launches a yellow beam of electricity right at Feebas. The Light Screen absorbs part of the blow, and it gives time for Feebas, who glows with a faint red aura, redirecting the attack back at Electrike. However, the reflected Thunderbolt has to pass through the Light Screen once again and by the time it exits the attack is little more than a spark and does very little damage to Electrike.
Electrike, getting annoyed, begins to glow yellow, a faint aura surrounding him, steadily growing larger. Feebas, seeing an oppertunity, opens it's eyes wide and unleashes a bright flash of light, which shocks Electrike, confusing it.

========================

Post Round Status

Feebas
HP: 92%
Energy: 86%
Status Effects: Slightly paralyzed, Light Screen fading

Ixion the Electrike
HP: 96%
Energy: 80%
Status Effects: Confused

Thunderman
21st February 2004, 08:12 PM
Good job Feebas you're doing great now let's turn this battle in your favor. First use Toxic to start some cotinuous damage to electrike. If Toxic hit finish the round with 2 Ice Beams.
subs: If he uses a damaging electrical attack use a protect if light screen has fallen, but only use protect once. If you need more protection use another light screen.

Toxic~Ice Beam/Toxic~Ice Beam/Toxic
subs: Protect/Light Screen

Moonlight Espeon
21st February 2004, 08:39 PM
Hehe. Big mistake.
First, start off with Safeguard. Be sure to get it in before the Feebas uses Toxic, though.
Since it decided to use Toxic every round if Toxic didn't hit, Thunderman will fall into the trap of using Toxic every round and it failing every single time. But, Electrike, don't use Electric attacks this round. Strike at it with Hyper Beam since that can't be protected against by Light Screen.
Note that Thunderman said damaging electrical attack.
Simply relax the last round.

Safeguard~Hyper Beam~relax

Thunderman
21st February 2004, 08:49 PM
I don't think electrikes can use Hyper Beam, in fact I think the only pokemon that can use hyper beam without full evolution are Dratini and Dragonair. I could be wrong though.

Moonlight Espeon
22nd February 2004, 10:51 AM
Oops.. Oh crap..
Upon my point of view if Manectric can learn it, Electrike should be able to also (anime-wise) because all it really is is a blast of energy..
It depends on what the ref believes.
I can't edit anyway.

DarkTemplarZ
22nd February 2004, 11:57 AM
Sorry Aquatic Fury, but rules are rules. It says that pokemon in ASB can only use the moves they could learn in the GB/GBA games or moves they used in the anime, and Electrike couldn't use Hyper Beam in either.

Pre Round Status

Feebas
Energy: 86%
Status Effects: Slightly paralyzed, Light Screen fading

Ixion the Electrike
HP: 96%
Energy: 80%

========================
Round 2
========================

Ixion the Electrike starts off this round, a swirling vortex of color surrounding it. The vortex slowly transforms into a translucenty white shield around it, protecting it from status effects. Feebas attempts to spit poison at Electrike, but the Safeguard absorbs the attack completely.
Feebas' light screen dissipates into nothingness. Electrike looks at it's trainer, confused. It doesn't know how to use Hyper Beam, so it just sits and waits for further instructions. Feebas, in the meantime, fires jagged white beams of Ice energy at Electrike. Although it's safeguard prevents freezing, the Ice Beam hits it head on.
Now ordered to relax, Electrike stands around, doing absolutely nothing. Feebas fires another Ice Beam at Electrike, who's sent flying back by the force of two direct Ice Beams.

====================
Post Round Status:

Feebas
Energy: 72%
Status Effects: Light Screen gone, slightly paralyzed

Ixion the Electrike
HP: 82%
Energy: 93%
Status Effects: Safeguard in effect

Thunderman
25th February 2004, 06:49 PM
Bump for Aquatic Fury, haven't checked absencne tower yet so sorry if there is a post there.

Moonlight Espeon
25th February 2004, 08:46 PM
Oh, really sorry about that, accidentally forgot..
Alright, Ixion. We have to try harder than that.
First off, I want you to start with an Iron Tail to confuse it. It if inforces a Reflect or tries to protect itself in any other way, simply relax and let it waste its energy.
Then, after that, if it didn't inforce a Reflect use Iron Tail again. Once again if it has Reflect up or tries to protect itself simply relax.
To finish off the round use Return.

Iron Tail/relax~Iron Tail/Relax~Return

Thunderman
26th February 2004, 08:11 PM
That's ok I don't mind.

OK Feebas try your best to dodge the atacks. Start with a Rain Dance. Now use Blizzardx2 on Ixion, hopefully the ice will freeze the water around him.

Rain Dance~Blizzardx2

DarkTemplarZ
27th February 2004, 06:38 PM
Pre Round Status:

Feebas
Energy: 72%
Status Effects: Light Screen gone, slightly paralyzed

Ixion the Electrike
HP: 82%
Energy: 93%
Status Effects: Safeguard in effect

=====================
Round 3
=====================

Feebas starts off the round, summoning clouds of rain and causing a rainfall in the arena. Ixion, seeing an oppertunity, has it's tail glow white and slams right into Feebas, sending the poor pokemon into the ground.
Feebas now summons up a Blizzard, while Ixion tries to hit it with another Iron Tail, Ixion is damaged but it manages to keep going, slamming Feebas with yet another Iron Tail, but it's confusion causes it to land rather badly and hitting the ground, doing some damage to itself.
Ixion now launches itself at Feebas with Return, slamming Feebas directly, who was trying to set up a Blizzard. Feebas is sent flying, but manages to hit Ixion with another Blizzard, who once again it on the ground due to a bad landing from it's confusion, which it now recovers from.

=================

Feebas
HP: 65%
Energy: 50%
Status Effects: Slightly paralyzed

Ixion the Electrike
HP: 57%
Energy: 73%
Status Effects: Confusion gone

Thunderman
27th February 2004, 09:23 PM
Ok Feebas your doing well. Start with an Ice Beam, hopefully you wil freeze him this time. If he is frozen finish the round by relaxing, if not Frozen use Hypnosis untill it hits and rest if you have any other actions.

Ice Beam~Hypnosis/Relax~Hypnosis/Relax

Moonlight Espeon
28th February 2004, 06:49 PM
Umm.. Just to tell you, Thunderman, you just made that whole round a waste.. I still have Safeguard in effect .-.;
Alright, Ixion. When it uses Ice Beam on you, use Double Team to allow you to evade it. Afterwards, when it tries to hypnotize you or is relaxing (I don't know what the ref will do, either way), hit it right in the head with a Thunderbolt followed by a Zap Cannon.

Double Team~Thunderbolt~Zap Cannon
And DarkTemplarZ, no "fair" stuff this time ~_~;

DarkTemplarZ
28th February 2004, 10:09 PM
Pre Round Status:

Feebas
HP: 65%
Status Effects: Slightly paralyzed

Ixion the Electrike
HP: 57%
Energy: 73%
Status Effects: Confusion gone

=============
Round 4
=============

Feebas starts off the round, launching jagged beams of ice energy at Ixion, who smirks. It forms several clones all around it, and the Ice Beam harmlessly destroys one of the clones, but brushes the real Ixion.
Feebas then tries to hypnotize Ixion, but it doesn't know which one to hypnotize. It manages to blast a group of them, only to get hit with a Thunderbolt from above from the real Ixion.
Ixion leaps up, and fires a massive ball of sparking electricity, which hits Feebas for major damage and paralysis. Feebas, frustrated, makes it's eyes glow red and tries to hypnotize Ixion. Ixion's safeguard completely negates the Hypnosis though, which makes Feebas furious.

==================

Feebas
HP: 29%
Energy: 38%
Status Effects: Paralyzed, furious

Ixion the Electrike
HP: 51%
Status Effects: Confident, safeguard dissipated

Thunderman
29th February 2004, 10:30 AM
I just have 2 problems

1. What happened to the rain dance. If your interpretation of it is that it lasts one round then please say it ended. If it didn't end then the clones would have been destroyed by the rain.

2. safeguard wasn't listed at the end of the last round stats so I assumed that ut was no longer in effect.

Moonlight Espeon
29th February 2004, 04:25 PM
In the opinion of the ref (I'm assuming) Rain Dance must last 2 rounds and Safeguard 3?
That's how I think things should work anyway.
Well regardless it was already reffed and nothing is going to be changed unless DarkTemplarZ made a mistake, so..

Alright, great job Ixion. Start off by renewing your Safeguard. Then, use Zap Cannon yet again. Finally to finish off the round use Thunderbolt.
If it uses Light Screen/Mirror Coat/Protect/any other protective move on either of your electric moves just relax.

Thunderman
1st March 2004, 04:09 PM
I don't think he made any mistakes it's just that the last round was very confusing and I just want to know. I'm going to wait to post attacks untill DarkTemplerZ responds.

DarkTemplarZ
1st March 2004, 07:50 PM
I'm sorry, I forgot to put the safeguard and rain dance up on the status effects last round. I'm really sorry, I'm an idiot :( If you guys want, we can redo that last round I think

Moonlight Espeon
1st March 2004, 08:48 PM
No. I am against that.
I do not wish for you to redo the last round for it should not affect the battle that much.
Let's just say what I said- Rain Dance for 2, Safeguard for 3.
That's always how I ref it

Thunderman
2nd March 2004, 03:56 PM
No, I don't want a redo I just wanted to know.

Ok Feebas we're down now but not out. First Light Screen, this will protect you from electrical attacks and cause him to just relax most of the round. Now use Flail, this should do quite a lot because your in a really bad situation. Now finish by using a Water Pulse.

Light Screen~Flail~Water Pulse

DarkTemplarZ
3rd March 2004, 06:04 PM
Pre Round Status:
Feebas
HP: 29%
Energy: 38%
Status Effects: Paralyzed, furious

Ixion the Electrike
HP: 51%
Status Effects: Confident, safeguard dissipated

Rain dance for 1 more round

===============
Round 5
===============
Ixion starts off the round, forming the familiar swirling vortex of color around it, preventing any status changes. Feebas, still steaming at Ixion, forms a screen of little stars and dust between itself and Ixion, which would protect it from any special attacks.
Ixion creates another ball of sparking electricity, but while it's charging, Feebas rushes in swinging, it's anger and bad situation adding damage to it's Flail attack. Feebas slams Ixion before it's Zap Cannon could be fully charged. Ixion, thinking on it's feet, releases the weaker Zap Cannon, which hits Feebas, but doesn't do too much damage since it wasn't fully charged and light screen was in effect. In the meantime, Ixion is sent flying by Feebas' flail.
Ixion glows yellow and fires a quick bolt of electricity at Feebas, who's light screen absorbs a good part of the attack. Feebas then launches several ultrasonic pulses of water, which hit Ixion head on. They don't do too much damage, but Ixion is sent swooning, a dazed look in it's eyes.

===============

Post Round Status
Feebas
HP: 15%
Energy: 28%
Status Effects: Paralyzed, calming down a bit

Ixion the Electrike
HP: 31%
Energy: 37%

Thunderman
3rd March 2004, 08:02 PM
Great job Feebas. Now start off by making a new Light Screen. Then finish the round with 2 Flail attacks.

Light Screen~Flailx2

Moonlight Espeon
6th March 2004, 10:10 AM
Heh. When it uses Light Screen, take your chance to slam into it with an Iron Tail. Then, after that, when it tries to use Flail for the first time, use Reflect. The second time it uses Flail, counter it with Iron Tail.

Iron Tail~Reflect~Iron Tail

DarkTemplarZ
6th March 2004, 03:15 PM
Pre Round Status
Feebas
HP: 15%
Energy: 28%
Status Effects: Paralyzed, calming down a bit

Ixion the Electrike
HP: 31%
Energy: 37%
==========
Round 6
==========

Ixion charges at Feebas with it's tail glowing white. Feebas, following it's trainer's orders, creates another Light Screen, which does nothing to prevent Ixion's attack. Ixion slams Feebas, sending it reeling.
Feebas relatiates, lunging angrily at Ixion, who readily creates a thin glass-like barrier between itself and Feebas. Feebas' flail is weakened, but still does good damage and sends Ixion reeling.
Feebas, seeing an opening, attacks with flail again, and Ixion falls to the ground. Ixion struggles to it's feet, and, confusion taking effect, launches a weakened Iron Tail at Feebas, who's sent into the dirt, barely able to keep from fainting, while Ixion's confusion leaves it hitting the dirt.

==============
Post Round Status

Feebas:
HP: 2%
Energy: 15%
Status Effects: Exhausted, weak, paralyzed, Light Screen active

Ixion the Electrike
HP: 12%
Energy: 22%
Status Effects: Confused, weakened considerably.

Arena: Rain Dance gone

Thunderman
18th March 2004, 02:51 PM
Aquatic it's been alomst 2 weeks and DQ is one you have untill the 20th to post atacks.

Moonlight Espeon
19th March 2004, 01:04 PM
Oops sorry x_X Thanks for the DQ extension though x.x;;

Electrike, use Iron Tail first. Then, use Body Slam. After that, use Iron Tail yet again. Try to bring down that Feebas!

Iron Tail~Body Slam~Iron Tail

Thunderman
20th March 2004, 02:56 PM
That's ok i'd rather see if I can win a battle rather tahn win by DQ.

Ok Feebas you've done great but this will probably be your last round so just hit him with 3 super powered Flails.

Flailx3

DarkTemplarZ
20th March 2004, 05:20 PM
Pre Round Status

Feebas:
Energy: 15%
Status Effects: Exhausted, weak, paralyzed, Light Screen active

Ixion the Electrike
HP: 12%
Energy: 22%
Status Effects: Confused, weakened considerably.

============
Round 6
============

Feebas and Electrike, both considerably weak, charge recklessly at each other, Electrike with a glowing white tail, Feebas channeling it's weakness into an attack. They crash into each other with tremendous force, both sent flying backward. When the dust settles, Ixion struggles to it's feet, it's shoulders and head sagging. It's barely hanging in there. Feebas, however, is out cold.

==============

Post Round Status:

Feebas
HP: X_X
Energy: X_X
Status Effects: KOed

Ixion the Electrike
Energy: 16%
Status Effects: Exhausted, near collapse, confusion gone.

Thunderman
22nd March 2004, 03:12 PM
Ok I'll use my Female Abra. I guess I still have to attack first so abra just use 3 Iron Tails, he tired so they should be hard to didge and you should go first. If he uses a Double Team replace with an immediate Shock Wave.

Iron Tailx3/Shock Wave (after Double Team then back to Iron Tail).

Moonlight Espeon
22nd March 2004, 03:17 PM
I think this may be your last round, but we may have a chance..
Just use 3 Thunderbolts. I doubt you'll even be able to get to the second one but if I'm lucky, you may be able to.