PDA

View Full Version : Teen Titans Next Generations!

Kojiro
21st February 2004, 09:22 PM
A little mini fic I made up, it is like Teen Titans, except it has diffrent Teens! I am sort of taking a vacation from Pokemon Topaz, read the Update thread for the reason, so I will work on this awhile! Its not divided into chapters really.

It was a dark and quiet night in the city of Saremu. A man was running away from a bank with a sack of money, he had just robbed the bank and was smiling to himself.

"Stop right there!" a voice yelled out. A young boy jumped from a roof of a building and landed softly on the ground. He has spiky blonde hair, some tights, and a red shirt with a cape. He had a pole in his hand which shined in the moon's light.

"Cord!" the man yelled as he spotted the boy. The boy was known as Cord, a young superhero who was a member of the local Teen Titans. The man quickly ran away after realizing who it was. He was soon grabbed by a huge tail, and was trapped by a big snake. The snake looked at the mans eyes, and shot a glare at him. The man was in fright as the snake laughed and began to talk in a girls voice.

"Ha! Looks like your all tied up!" the snake said with a happy laugh. The thief sighed, the snake was Danielle, a yound girl of the Teen Titans who could change into anything, but she was known for her corny jokes.

"Cut it out Danielle!" Cord said as he knocked the thief out with sleeping gas. The snake transformed into a big girl with a brown ponytail, with a black shirt and a pink dress.

"Okay! But I like my jokes! Let's get this guy to jail and go back to the tower, I am in need of some pizza!" Danielle laughed heartily. Little did the two kids know they were being watched.

"Yahhhhhhhhh!" a high pitched voice ranged out as Danielle and Cord entered the tower, a young kid was running around on fire.

"Jessica!" Cord yelled as he got the fire-hydrant. He sprayed the kid down with it. The kid was sitting down embarassed.

"Boy Jessica, you sure are a bad cook! You burnt the pizza!" Danielle laughed to the kid. The kid had long purplish hair, and a tye-dye t-shirt with long purple pants. He was a skinny boy with very bright and nice looking eyes.

"Danielle! Why do you have to be so mean! Is it my fault I burnt the pizza!" Jessica yelled. Jessica was a orphan Cord had found a year back, he was a boy, but was very girlish. But he had one very special talent, he could shoot out pink beams from his hands, a skill that had helped the Titans win many a battles. He also was sort of the maid.

"Don't forget he burnt the brownies too!" a voice said. A young boy came in. He was pretty big, but it was mostly because of his Afro. He had robot arms and legs. He spoke in a very nice voice, despite his rough appearance.

"Andrew!" Jessica yelled at the boys comment. He then slapped Andrew in the face and began to chase him around. Cord sighed, those two could never get along. A girl walked in the room, she was short and stout, with a blonde ponytail, she had on a blue top and blue pants. Her eyes glowed a bright yellow. She was Megan, the last member of the Titans. She has the abilty to use either fire,water, or lighting depending on her emotions, which you could always see in her eyes. Yellow for happy, red for mad, and blue for sad. She smiled and welcomed Danielle and Cord home.

"Okay! Movie night!" Danielle said as she jumped on the couch, her weight making it creak. Jessica jumped on with her, he was light so he just bounced on the cushion.

"Make way!" Megan and Andrew said as they jumped on with the two. Cord was standing back a ways, he was not the social type.

-----------------
Well that is the first part, sort of a intro to all the characters. I hope it was good, and I am open for consturctive critcism and all that. In the next part they recieve a mysterious video from someone, and the challenge of their life awaits!

And yeah, I know these Titans are like slightly altered clones of the real ones, but they are suppose to be like that on purpose. Their personality's are diffrent though, especially Cord and Megans.

DannyBoy
21st February 2004, 09:30 PM
That was ok. It was a bit short and description was lacking in a few places. The beginng was good, it got my attention and thats an important thing. But yea, so far I caught the hook but a little work is needed. Keep it up!

Kojiro
22nd February 2004, 09:00 PM
Thanks! Anywya here is some more info about the titans.

Cord is the leader, and sometimes hotheaded. He is also not too social, and likes to be alone. He is also very suspicious of people, and investigates stuff alot. He has no powers, but is very agile and has fighting prowess. His weapons of choice are the Dai Pole, and the Hino Boomerang.

Danielle is the prankster. She loves to tell jokes, even know they are really bad. She is very overweight, weighing 351 pounds at the age of 14, but she does not see that as a handicap, but as more of a weapon. She can transform into anything she wishes, including other people and inanimate objects. She never transforms into bugs as she is deathly scared of them.

Jessica is the maid and the spirit lifter. He was a orphan with the power to shoot out pink beams from his hand and fly. He is very feminime and a bit of sissy, but is still powerful. He does alot of house work, and cooks, but his food may be more of a danger then his powers are. He is always happy and very petite.

mr_pikachu
23rd February 2004, 12:05 AM
Hmm. While I appreciate that you probably have reasons for making these kids near-clones of the original Titans, you'll need to distinguish your characters greatly if you want to obtain and keep readers. It's even more of a problem, considering that this is a Pokemon forum. Most people here are more interested in Pokemon than the Teen Titans, so it'll be a struggle to get readers. With some work, though, you can do it.

You did a good job of introducing the characters, but in the future you may want to make the chapters longer. Length helps readers get interested in a fic, even if the chapters take longer to produce. A longer and more passionate chapter grabs the readers' interest and keeps it in a chokehold, whereas a string of tiny chapters (frequently resembling "sound bites") may give the reader a continuous flow of stuff to read, but it also does little to keep the attention of the readers. The key is to find a relative length that works for you.

Well, I'll try to keep up with this one. See you next chapter! :wave: