PDA

View Full Version : [GSC] breeding?

SoulBurner
22nd February 2004, 07:40 AM
Is there anyone out there who can tell me if it is possible to get a Larvitar born with Megahorn?

I am thinking that it can be done by making Smeargle Sketch the move to pass it on to Rhyhorn and then passing it to Larvitar, but I am not sure if it would work that way.... It would make Tyranitar quite an opponent against even grass types....:P

Number1ChanseyFan
22nd February 2004, 10:26 AM
Nope, it is impossible to get a Larvitar that knows Megahorn. The only moves that Larvitar can learn through breeding are Outrage, Stomp, Focus Energy, AncientPower, and Pursuit. In G/S/C, the only Pokémon that can learn Megahorn are Heracross and Smeargle. There are more Pokémon that learn Megahorn in the Ruby/Sapphire and Fire Red/Leaf Green games. However, even in those games, Tyranitar can't learn Megahorn.

SoulBurner
22nd February 2004, 10:58 AM
I would take your word for it, but I have seen one other pokemon with Megahorn... Rydon had it in Battle Tower on Crystal version....:confused:

Number1ChanseyFan
22nd February 2004, 11:07 AM
Are you sure? There are only supposed to be 2 different Rhydons in the Crystal Battle Tower, one at Level 60, with this moveset:

Earthquake
Surf
Iron Tail
Rock Slide
@Quick Claw

and than there is one at Level 100 with this moveset:

Surf
Earthquake
Hyper Beam
Rock Slide
@MiracleBerry.

I know that some Rhydons in the Ruby/Sapphire Battle Tower have Megahorn, but they are not supposed to know Megahorn in G/S/C.

SoulBurner
22nd February 2004, 11:08 AM
yes I am certain I have seen one which gave me the idea of making a tyranitar with it....

Strider
22nd February 2004, 09:57 PM
As Number1ChanseyFan said, there is no way to get a Larvitar with Megahorn.

That is, unless you use a Gameshark.