PDA

View Full Version : Yugioh: The Lost Cards

Shadow Djinn
22nd February 2004, 02:09 PM
Yes...I'm making a Yugioh fanfic. I will try not to make Duels cheap and boring-but I have to say the fic improves along the way....that's all. Also, the first chapter is extreemely short, but I'm hoping Chapter 2 is longer...I haven't checked.

Yugioh: The Lost Cards

By Shadow Djinn
Chapter 1| The Master of Dragons

In the midst of the final round of the famous ‘ Dragon Tournament’, Seth Kinomoto and Kari Kashihari faced each other determinedly. Both complete with only 500 lifepoints left, they were even matched with 2 monsters each on the field. On Kari’s side a Celtic Guardian was in attack, with 1400/1200 under it. Above it was the dragon known as Harpie’s Pet Dragon. Seth had two Dragon Dwelling in the Cave, able to block any of Kari’s attacks. Meanwhile, the announcer’s voice was growing hoarse with excitement.

“ Known widely as the Jade Dragon Lord, Seth Kinomoto is the king of dragons, without a doubt. Breezing through the matches, Seth’s Dragons have crushed every opponent. Then there is Kari. Known throughout duel monsters as the ‘ Goddess of Faeries’, will she survive Seth’s onslaught?” The voice grew even raspier as his voice finally died out. Stroking a strand of jade hair away, Seth drew. Wearing his duel disk on his left hand and concealing his body with a turquoise robe, Seth was mysterious indeed. Having been silent the entire duel besides from declaring his actions, Seth was a mystery to many. Meanwhile, Kari, a girl with short brown strands of hair stood on the other side of the field. In a white tank top and blue jeans, she was the complete opposite. Bored, Kari called out.

“ Hurry it up.” She mumbled. Seth smirked.

“ I will set two cards, facedown on the field. Then I shall sacrifice my two dragons as an offering. By playing THIS! The Opal Dragon Shrine!” A large altar appeared with many dragons carved upon the stone, as the ground on the field began to rumble. Trapped in a pillar of light, the two rocky dragons released a roar, as they vanished. The earth trembled with might as the gravel split in two, with dark smoke spewing out madly. Rising slowly, a massive black serpent appeared, hissing madly. The dragon resembled many of the eastern ones, with many long whiskers curling out, his scales smooth. Slowly, the numbers under him began to rise, as the altar shattered. The numbers rose to 3500 over 3000, as Kari gasped. There was a loud roar of applause from the audience.

“ Seth has brought forth his strongest-most powerful-rarest-and his best card in his deck! With a massive hulk of 3500 attack points, this dragon can take on a Shinato and come out alive! And with the deadly effect of gaining 500 attack points for every dragon in the opponent’s graveyard, this is the end of the duel!” The announcer was shocked as well, spluttering madly. Seth sneered at the comments.

“ Not the best. Not the worst.” He murmured quietly. Kari was still in her shocked state.

“ What the heck is that?!” She whispered. Seth sneered again.

“ You are looking at the Opal Dragon, one of the many Jewel Dragons, able to be summoned by the Opal Dragon Shrine, which remains as a Magic Card. However, should the shrine shatter again, the Opal Dragon goes down to the grave as well. And since you have used two dragons total in this duel-a small amount, the Opal Dragon is nevertheless strengthened by 1000 attack points.” He gloated. “ Now, my dragon, end this! Holy Flames of Judgement! Wipe out that forest elf with a single flame!” A massive stream of flaming bolts shot out, blazing a swirl of jade and indigo fire. With a loud shriek, Kari’s Celtic Guardian was destroyed, lowering her lifepoints to zero. The words ‘ WINNER’ flashed under Seth’s dragon, while Seth stood on the Duelist Podium, arms crossed.

Kari, after her major loss, had disappeared from the public eye. Humiliated, she slowly constructed her deck again, making sure it was undefeatable. Deciding to test it out, she walked through Domino City, to run into Seth yet again.

“ Hiya. Fancy a duel?” Kari inquired.

- Chapter 2 Coming Soon

Card Info

Name: Opal Dragon (Monster)
Level: 8
Attribute: Dark
Type: Dragon
Atk: 3500
Def: 3000
Effect: The Opal Dragon is one of the many Jewel Dragons, bearing immense power. Rumor has it that the dragon was created from the first Opal stone. This monster cannot be normal summoned. This monster can only be special summoned by the Ritual Magic Card, “ The Opal Dragon Shrine”. If the Opal Dragon Shrine is destroyed, this monster is destroyed as well. This Monster gains 500 attack points for every dragon in the opponent's graveyard.

Name: The Opal Dragon Shrine (Magic)
Level: None
Type: Magic, Continuous
Effect: This can be used to summon the “ Opal Dragon” by offering monsters equal to the level of 8. If this is destroyed, the Opal Dragon is destroyed as well. If another “ Jewel Dragon” is in play besides the Opal Dragon, increase your lifepoints by 500.

Dark Sage
22nd February 2004, 04:23 PM
This was a good start, but a little short.

In the info for the Opal Dragon card, you should have mentioned that the Monster gains 500 ATK points for every Dragon in the opponent's graveyard. Also, its "Status" should be "Monster/Ritual/Effect" because, well, it has an Effect.

I look forward to reading this fic, and since you asked to use some cards from MY fic, I can't wait to see which ones you use.

- Venusaur

FusionSonicX
22nd February 2004, 10:35 PM
Pretty cool! I've always loved the way you right! Keep it coming!

mr_pikachu
23rd February 2004, 12:17 AM
As you and Venusaur mentioned, this chapter was quite short. It'd be a good idea to make these considerably longer in the future.

Not much else to say, except that a heated rivalry seems to be building between these two, which is good. Also, Seth seems very mysterious, which could lead to some twists later on. I hope it does.

Well, I'll see you next chapter! :wave:

Shadow Djinn
24th February 2004, 12:42 AM
Hiiii! ^____^' Chapter 3, just so you know, is in the works, and I might be delaying it's arrival.

Mr. PIkachu and Venusaur: Thanks.

Sonic; Wow! Thanks! ^^

Chapter 2| Fairy Versus Dragon, The Deciding Match

Seth’s face was a mixed expression. He looked smug, yet shocked, while grasping his deck, nodding.

“ I’m gonna beat you this time, Kinomoto.” Kari sneered, focusing on intimidating Seth, to bring down his focus. Seth looked away.

“Don’t bet on it.” He said loftily, as they backed up. Unclipping the duel disk, his lifepoints shot up to 4,000. Kari’s did as well, while they each made 5 draws. Seth pushed a small button, as the Serpent Night Dragon emerged, while Kari’s monster was a Dancing Fairy.

“ You have first move.” Kari grunted, as the two monsters faded away. Seth nodded as he made a draw.

“ I will put one card facedown on the field.” He paused, putting a card down. “ Now, I shall summon the Nightmare Spirit Dragon.” A faint shape appeared on the field, forming a dragon. Under it, 0 over 2,400 appeared. Kari laughed, making a draw.

“ Say bye to your useless ghost! Go, Celtic Guardian!” Kari roared. The elf appeared on the field, sword raised.

“ Attack that dragon. Silver Blade Slash!” Kari snarled. The elf ran forward in a green blur, but his sword simply went through the dragon! The ghost cackled as he sunk two purple fangs into the Guardian’s armor, draining 500 points from the Celtic Guardian’s attack, as his own strength went up to 500, and the elf’s went down to 900.

“ What?!” Kari gasped.

“ The Nightmare Spirit Dragon is a haunting spirit of the dragons. Only one certain type is able to destroy this dragon, and if the certain type does not attack it, 500 attack points are drained from that monster, and it is not destroyed. Also, lifepoint damage is negated.” Seth said loftily. The Celtic Guardian fell to the ground, keeping himself up with his sword.

“ Fine, I’ll end my turn.” Kari grumbled. Seth made a draw.

“ I’ll put down another facedown card. Then I will play this card. The Dragon Treasure, to increase my Dragon’s power.” A chest of jewels appeared, increasing the Dragon’s attack to 1,000, and his defense increase to 2,900. “ Now, Nightmare Spirit Dragon, drain!” Seth ordered. The ghost flew forward, as he drained the Celtic Guardian’s attack again. Kari protested.

“ This ghost can continue to drain a monster’s attack score until it’s less then 500. Now it’s stronger!” Seth sneered. The Celtic Guardian’s attack dropped to 400, while the dragon’s went up to 1,500. Kari made a draw.

There’s no way I can pummel that dragon…Wait! Dragon! Of course. Kari thought.

“ Okay, go-Petit Dragon!” Kari said slyly. “ Now I will put down one card. And have the Petit Dragon attack your ghost!”

“ No!” Seth cried. The small faerie crashed into the ghost, as they both exploded.

“ Now, Celtic Guardian, attack!” The elf stabbed Seth, and rushed back. Seth’s lifepoints went down to 3,600. Seth made a draw. Looking at the Celtic Guardian again, he quickly formulated a plan.

“ Heh, you messed up. First-Mystical Space Typhoon!” A dark hole opened up, as the facedown card was sucked in. A barrier appeared, and shattered. “ No Mirror Force. Now, I’ll summon the Spear Dragon!” The dinosaur like dragon materialized on the field, with it’s long sharp beak pointing directly at the Celtic Guardian.

“Spear Dragon, go! Sonic Stab!” Flying forward, the Celtic Guardian was impaled in the chest armor, as Kari’s lifepoints dropped to 3,000.

“ End.” Seth drawled. Kari sneered as she drew.

“ First, I’ll set two cards. Now, take this! The Fairy Warrior!” A male fairy appeared with a large sword, with 2,500 above 0 under it!

“ Now, slice that dinosaur into pieces! Rainbow Slash!” The fairy’s sword was enclosed in a rainbow aura, as he ran forward. However, before he reached the dragon, the fairy screamed as the ground opened up, swallowing the fairy whole!

“ Trap Hole.” Seth said simply, drawing. Kari smiled sweetly.

“ Hm…this is it. Go-Luster Dragon #2!” Seth roared. A large crystal dragon appeared on the field, roaring.

“ Game over.” Seth drawled. “ Attack.” Before the two dragons moved, however, a large hole opened up, with a toxic smell floating out. The two dragons fell in as they shrieked.

“ Acid Trap Hole.” Kari countered, making a draw. Setting another card, she smirked.

“ I will play this card. The Fairy’s Temple!” A large temple rose, as the Petit Dragon was engulfed in light. “ The Fairy’s Temple has transformed my weak small Petit Dragon into-the great Holy Dragon Fairy!” A large yellow dragon emerged from the temple, growling. 2,600 over 2,600 appeared under it.

“ Now, Holy Dragon Fairy, go! White Flame!” The dragon fired a stream of white flames, but was stopped an inch away from Seth.

“ Negate Attack.” Seth said dryly. Making a draw, he blinked.

“ Say bye to your dragon. I will play Raigeki!” A swarm of bolts shot down, frying the dragon to a crisp as it vanished.
“ Game Over. I summon The Blue Eyes White Dragon!” Seth roared. The large blue dragon materialized on the field.

“ What?! I thought those only belonged to Seto Kaiba!” Kari cried in shock. Seth looked away, with a mixture of sadness and pain showing on his face.

“ Seto Kaiba is no longer.” He whispered. “ Now-Blue Eyes White Dragon, attack.” He said softly. A large blast of blue energy shot out as Kari was knocked back, flying to the ground, as her lifepoints dropped to 0. Seth pocketed his deck, and quickly slipped away.

Card Info

Name: Fairy Warrior (Monster)
Level: 5
Attribute: Light
Type: Fairy
Atk: 2500
Def: 0
Description: Trained in the ancient Fairy Academy, these fairies were trained to wield a sword with expert skill.

Name: The Fairy Temple (Magic)
Level: None
Type: Magic, Continuous
Description: This can be used to summon the “ Holy Dragon Fairy” by offering one “ Petit Dragon” as a tribute.

Name: Holy Dragon Fairy (Monster)
Level: 8
Attribute: Light
Atk: 2600
Def: 2600
Description: Only created by the “ Fairy Temple”, this dragon was the great beast of the fairy people. This monster cannot be destroyed by monsters of the LIGHT attribute.

Name: Nightmare Spirit Dragon (Monster)
Level: 4
Attribute: Dark
Atk: 0
Def: 2400
Description: Created by the Dragon God, this monster was born in the cemetery. If a monster that is not of the DRAGON type, you may drain 500 attack points from the attacking monster and negate all damage. Also, once per turn, you may drain 500 attack points from a monster on the opponent’s field instead of attacking.

-Chapter 3 soon to come. 1-3 will be short, but as the duels go in, they get longer.

mr_pikachu
24th February 2004, 09:11 PM
Not bad. The line at the end of the duel was a nice hook, and the duel wasn't all that bad either, even though it was short. I liked the idea of the Nightmare Spirit Dragon, but it seemed far too powerful, seeing as only one type of monster could successfully attack it. When creating cards, it's a good idea to limit their power to a reasonable level.

I'll see you next chapter! :wave:

Shadow Djinn
24th February 2004, 09:20 PM
Well, the Nightmare Spirit Dragon will actually NOT be so common in dueling. Seth loses it usually after like two turns. The card is known throughout the game soon enough. ^^'