PDA

View Full Version : PojoPooka challenging DRWS

PojoPooka
12th January 2003, 12:54 PM
Okay, no one may know me here(well, very few), so here is my backround:

I am not a total n00b33. I may be to this league, but not overall. I come from Pojo(you may have heard of it), where I battled for over a year and was known as a "veteran" there.
In the PASBl, where I went to, I became 10th best in stats, and a WaterTypeGymTrainer(I know you don't have GTs yet, or typed GLs).
So, dont treat me like a n00b33 overall. Help is appreciated(VERY MUCH), but I don't wanna be treated like I know nothing by peeps.

Anyway, onto the challenge:

DRWS, I challenge you to:

2-vs-2
72 hr DQ
Arena:Indigo Arena
2 out at a time

You post Pokemon first, then I post them and attack, then you attack.

Don't Run With Scizors
12th January 2003, 01:03 PM
Very well, then. Come forth, Blitz and Czarnina!

Blitz: Electa-bbdbbdbdbdbdrrr!

Czarnina: Far-far-fa-faaaarr...fetch'd!

Blitz and Czarnina are a male Electabuzz and a female Farfetch'd, respectively. While Blitz has been my right-hand 'Buzz for quite a few matches, Czarnina is the last of my original six to see the light of battle.

Okay, you two. We'll size up whoever PojoPooka plans to send out next.

PojoPooka
12th January 2003, 01:17 PM
Okay, I have a couple in mind. Go! Mareep(m)! Go! Gligar(m)!

Mareep, SafeGuard, then Thunderwave Farfetchd! Then, BodySlam Electabuzz!

Gligar, SludgeBomb Farfetchd, and up your evasion with DoubleTeam! Then Guillotine Electabuzz!

Don't Run With Scizors
12th January 2003, 02:01 PM
Ingenious, PojoPooka. It took me a while to figure out what was the point of Guillotine...

Czarnina, Reflect the Gligar's Sludge Bomb in Mareep's direction (shouldn't be too hard to figure out the proper angle, it's all simple geometry), then conjure up a light Substitute to absorb the incoming Thunder Wave. As the Mareep readies itself to pounce on Blitz, Slash through its wool to the soft, vulnerable skin below...

As for Blitz... Body Slam the Gligar after he's launched his Sludge Bomb. Images can't fool you if he's pinned under you, after all. Gligars don't like the freezing cold very much, so deal an Ice Punch blow to his head. Undoubtedly, Mareep will be preparing to launch himself onto you, so grab whatever pincer the Gligar is trying to pinch you with and hurl him behind you, or preferably wherever the Mareep is, trying to pounce on you.

Czarnina: Reflect (Sludge Bomb, Mareep), Substitute (low health), Slash (Mareep)

Blitz: Body Slam (Gligar), Ice Punch (Gligar), Seismic Toss (Gligar, at Mareep)

Charizard04621
12th January 2003, 03:29 PM
Hmm, good thing you came up with nicknames yourself so quickly... (Perhaps my threats to call them Fluffy and Puffy accelerated that process?)

Pre-battle:

As it is, Don't Run With Scizors finds himself challenged by PojoPooka, a new but not inexperienced arrival to this particular league, who, incidentally, seems to take pleasure in aggravating the referee and demanding that she suddenly drop everything else she is doing, somehow teleport to the arena, and begin to supervise the battle immediately.

Accepting the challenge, Don't Run With Scizors unleashes two of his champions: the muscular Blitz, a confident Electabuzz who stands firmly on the ground and awaits the opposing team; and the cunning Czarnina, an eager Farfetch'd who, up to this point, has not had many chances to battle. The two nod, particularly ready to destroy something.

Brute the Mareep comes out to face them, followed by Fluffy the Gligar, who grumbles continually and wonders why his partner gets to be called Brute and he, who does not have an inch of wool on him, has to be called Fluffy. Fluffy shakes his head. Somehow he just doesn't understand his trainer's humor. Brute, on the other hand, thinks the entire business is hilarious, but he does not reveal more than a little smile, for fear of making Fluffy steam more than he already does. After all, he should be feeling guilty for his poor teammate's misfortunes... right?

Blitz: 100%, fatigue(0%)
Czarnina: 100%, fatigue(0%)

Brute: 100%, fatigue(0%)
Fluffy: 100%, fatigue(0%)

Round 1

While Brute concentrates on building up a temporarily impenetrable defense against any nasty status tricks that his opponents might throw at him, Fluffy covers by going on the offensive. He targets Czarnina with a particularly revolting ball of slime and toxic waste, only to notice, to his horror, that she cleverly maneuvers herself out of its direct line of path... and that is only half of her response. The Gligar cries out as his intended victim forms a translucent energy barrier in front of her and deflects it to his partner! Brute only now begins to shimmer with a protective aura, and when he sees the solid waste heading for him, it is too late to react. Meanwhile, Fluffy does not notice the Electabuzz who creeps up silently behind him... and when he does, Blitz is upon him, and the Gligar lies sprawled against the cold stadium floor.

Things go from bad to worse. Within moments, Blitz's fist sparkles with blue frost, and Fluffy feels his captor's icy wrath. From this inconvenient position, the poor Gligar can't really move, either, and, consequently, can't conjure up several images to hide himself very well. He tries to struggle free, but it's no use; Blitz has him pinned firmly. Meanwhile, Czarnina watches with amusement as her body double twitches so convincingly under the influence of Brute's static electricity. Her copy is a good actress.

Before Brute knows it, Czarnina lurks behind him, wielding her magical leek. Showing no mercy whatsoever, she digs her weapon into the unexpecting Mareep's side just as he leaps at Blitz. With a cry, Brute realizes that it is never a good idea to try and flatten an Electabuzz who is many times his size... With Fluffy thrown into him, the seventeen pound Brute is hurled through the air and squashed under his partner's one hundred and forty-three pounds when they land. Both get up with an agonized groan. When Brute turns to see who gave him his bloody gash, though, Czarnina is out of sight.

Blitz: 100%, fatigue(19%)
Czarnina: 91%, Substitute(9%), fatigue(17%)

Brute: 60%(Damage Caps), has a gash in his left side, Safeguard active(3 actions), fatigue(14%)
Fluffy: 60%(Damage Caps), fatigue(10%)

Let's just say friendly fire is nasty, as are 4x weaknesses.

Charizard04621
13th January 2003, 03:54 PM
I am beginning to get annoyed. You just simply don't bump after ONE day. Were you impatient in PASBL too, or is this a recent development? Sorry to inform you, PojoPooka, that we're all human here. Yes, it may be hard to accept, but we are all human. I would request that you please calm down and have patience. It would be greatly appreciated. ^_- Thank you!

Don't Run With Scizors
13th January 2003, 09:07 PM
Well, why mess with a winning formula?

Blitz, get a mental lock on that Gligar and hurl him into his partner again, then unleash the almighty Royal Dragon upon the two...

As for you, Czarnina: Swords Dance yourself into a zenlike state, then keep putting the pressure on your opponents as you Double-Edge the heap they'll probably be... if they've managed to separate, target the Mareep.

Blitz: Psychic (Gligar, into Mareep), Royal Dragon (for PojoPooka's reference, it's a Quick Attack + Rolling Kick combo)

Czarnina: Swords Dance, Double-Edge (the two targets or Mareep) x2

PojoPooka
14th January 2003, 12:26 PM
Mareep, Thundershock Farfetch'd's sub in the middle of SDance to make it fail
Gligar, as he tries to pick you up, use Screech to blast his ear-drums so that he lets go of you. Then just stay in front of Mareep and take the Royal Dragon
Gligar, while Farfetch'd is too paralized to do much(do this when you can tell you have an opening), grab it with your feet by its neck. Fly into the air while holding it, and fly in circular motion down towards Electabuzz. In a dive-bomb fashion, come down at Electabuzz's skull, releasing Farfetchd 2 feet in front of Electabuzz's skull.
Mareep, while those 2 are piled on top of eachother, Thunder them both. Take a rest for a bit, and Thunderbolt them both.
Gligar, I know this is pushing it, but then get on top of Farfetch'd, and claw its eyes out with Slash to KO it.

Don't Run With Scizors
14th January 2003, 03:01 PM
Mareep, Thunderwave Farfetch'd so that he can't move enough for his attacks to be very good...

She. And haven't you noticed that Czarnina has got a Substitute up?

Then just stay in front of Mareep and take the Royal Dragon
Gligar...

Hey, cool. While your Gligar is sitting in front of your Mareep, Blitz's momentum can send your Gligar flying into your Mareep once more. Saves me a lot of trouble. Meanwhile, your Gligar will be in a very difficult position to "grab it with your feet by its neck".

Charizard04621
15th January 2003, 05:12 PM
PojoPooka, Editing your attack post is NOT acceptable. I don't know what you call it in PASBL, but it's considered cheating here.

DRWS, I'll leave you to decide on what is to be done... Though I presume you would probably just accept the edited attack post.

Don't Run With Scizors
15th January 2003, 09:26 PM
Normally, I'd be lenient and let it slide, but in this case I won't.

It appears the change was little more than changing Thunder Wave to Thundershock (he didn't even change the rest of the attack post to reflect this...), so his Mareep's first move should undoubtedly be Thunder Wave.

PojoPooka
16th January 2003, 12:48 PM
sorry, i didn't know =/

Charizard04621
16th January 2003, 07:20 PM
Agh, my brain, my brain! There is a reason why each pokémon only gets 3 actions per round... Don't expect your poor Gligar to randomly come up with extra actions.

Blitz: 100%, fatigue(19%)
Czarnina: 91%, Substitute(9%), fatigue(17%)

Brute: 60%(Damage Caps), has a gash in his left side, Safeguard active(3 actions), fatigue(14%)
Fluffy: 60%(Damage Caps), fatigue(10%)

Round 2

Yellow static sparks fly like a fountain out of Brute's body, falling out to join together into a wide, crackling rush of electricity that seems to swallow Czarnina's body double whole. The Farfetch'd twitches uncontrollably, and Brute smiles at his work. Surely that silly duck won't be going anywhere anytime soon? Meanwhile, he is rudely interrupted by his partner's loud, high-pitched wail. Blitz's concentration snaps; his control over the annoying Gligar instantly fades away. Even Czarnina stops her ritual-like spinning, bothered by the noise. She's slightly more tolerant of outside disturbances by now, though; and definitely more focused.

While Czarnina follows stealthily behind Blitz, Fluffy steps in front of his partner, daring to take his wrath. The poor Gligar, valiant though the notion was, soon learns his mistake. In a quickened frenzy, Blitz dashes into Fluffy head-on, throwing his first opponent into the terrified Mareep behind... While the Electabuzz claws away swiftly at Brute's partner, Brute himself suffers the crushing weight of the Gligar on top of him... Then something descends upon him, and real hell breaks loose. In moments, Brute feels as if his very soul is slashed to pieces; blood oozes out from his sore face, and he wishes most of all that the pain will just stop... But the relentless fury rages on for yet a while. Fluffy, too, feels utterly helpless. The Farfetch'd he thinks he's supposed to grab looks like it isn't joining in the action at all; but the smirk on its face suggest that it's enjoying the show. Then a doubled explosion of electrical fury leaves none in its way unharmed; gasping, Czarnina backs away from the Mareep and fades into the shadows.

Blitz: 84%, fatigue(21%)
Czarnina: 51%(Damage Caps), moderately enhanced chi, Substitute(9%), fatigue(30%)

Brute: 20%(Damage Caps), being crushed by Fluffy, slashed up face, has a gash in his left side, fatigue(29%)
Fluffy: 31%, flattening Brute, fatigue(17%)

....Um, wow.

PojoPooka
18th January 2003, 12:43 PM
Looks like this is the end everyone...

Mareep, ThunderWave Czar. Thunder it, then Thunderbolt. Make that thing fall one way or another.

Gligar, QuickAttack the other. Chain it into a nice SludgeBomb, and knock him in the head with a MetalClaw

Don't Run With Scizors
18th January 2003, 12:54 PM
Let's finish this once and for all...

Blitz, as soon as Gligar makes his way toward you, Body Slam him and then repeatedly Ice Punch him until he falls.

Meanwhile, Czarnina, ram the Mareep while he's so focused on attacking your Substitute...

Blitz: Body Slam, Ice Punch x2

Czarnina: Double-Edge x3

Charizard04621
18th January 2003, 01:48 PM
Blitz: 84%, fatigue(21%)
Czarnina: 51%(Damage Caps), moderately enhanced chi, Substitute(9%), fatigue(30%)

Brute: 20%(Damage Caps), being crushed by Fluffy, slashed up face, has a gash in his left side, fatigue(29%)
Fluffy: 31%, flattening Brute, fatigue(17%)

Round 3

Realizing with horror that he still flattens his poor partner under him, Fluffy rolls off hurriedly, then scrambles forth in a frenzy, clawing at Blitz in any way imaginable... But Blitz throws himself onto the Gligar with sufficient force, sending both of them falling to the floor... This time Fluffy breaks loose, but only because he pushes the Electabuzz so suddenly and with such spiteful fury that Blitz is caught off guard. Groaning, the crushed Mareep gets slowly to his feet. More sparks fly out of Brute's immensely abundant cotton wool. Czarnina waits a safe distance behind him while he directs the static energy at her body double... which, once again, twitches horribly as if its violent muscle spasms bring it horrible agony. Now Czarnina pounces, striking, slashing, and brutalizing her victim so quickly and skillfully(though rather recklessly) with her magical leek that Brute never sees her, and he wails for his partner to come to his aid against this frigthful invisible force. Unfortunately, no aid comes... Fluffy himself struggles between consiousness and surreality, but when the sparkling frost meets his chest, he sees no more. Brute, too, falls under the same horrible misery, with a final cry of anguish and defeat.

Blitz and Czarnina: victorious
Brute and Fluffy: 0%, KOed

PojoPooka
19th January 2003, 01:12 PM
I guess I don't getta evolve or get a new poke, huh? ;_;