PDA

View Full Version : POsts

Goten Shy
22nd February 2004, 03:49 PM
Some times i can see how many posts a user has, toehrs times i cant. Y cant i awlays see how many posts someone has and their title? Thanx

Number1ChanseyFan
22nd February 2004, 05:55 PM
The best way to see how many posts a user has is by looking at their profile. You can view a person's profile by going to a post that they made, and clicking on the gray button that says "profile" at the very bottom of their posting. If someone is currently online at TPM, you can also view a person's profile by clicking on their name on the "Currently Active Users" that is towards the bottom of the main page.

BTW, welcome to TPM!! :wave:

Goten Shy
22nd February 2004, 05:59 PM
thanx. But i did mean why wern't they next to our names, but i kow that now, Thanx neway ;)

Hi btw :wave: (i love that smiley!)

Number1ChanseyFan
22nd February 2004, 06:13 PM
The reason that post counts are no longer next to our names is because some people were spamming and trying to increase their postcount. So by taking the postcounts "away," (Well, they weren't taken away, they just aren't next to people's usernames anymore when they post) people were discouraged from trying to inflate their postcounts as much, because less emphasis was being put on postcounts. Back when postcounts were displayed next to people's usernames, and before people were allowed to have custom titles, and a person's title depended on their postcount, some people were constantly making useless posts all of the time just to increase postcount and rankings.

I love this :wave: smiley too!!

Goten Shy
24th February 2004, 02:46 AM
I C. Thanx, i think what the admins done (:wave: Hi Admins) was very clever, but after coming from a site which had post count t seems a little empty next to out names, but i'll get used to it :D

:wave: again to all ;)

woz
24th February 2004, 06:17 AM
you can view the posts under usernames if you use the "vB default" theme.

Goten Shy
24th February 2004, 06:21 AM
but that banner is evil :no:

Chris
24th February 2004, 10:37 AM
True, it's not the friendliest of sites when viewing it with a 56K connection...

Yoh Asakura
24th February 2004, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Randy
I C. Thanx, i think what the admins done (:wave: Hi Admins) was very clever, but after coming from a site which had post count t seems a little empty next to out names, but i'll get used to it :D

:wave: again to all ;)

Yeah, some cool hacks would be nice but nobody can install them ;(

Goten Shy
24th February 2004, 01:02 PM
Like an RPG one...Anyway, why did those members spam about posts? and couldn't mods have just delete the post, or there is a hack where if there aint enought words, they loose a post.

Yoh Asakura
24th February 2004, 02:04 PM
RPG Hacks = Worst. Hacks. Ever

They just cry out for people to post SPAM.

And people used to SPAM because they thought it was cool to have a really high postcount.

Postcount++

Goten Shy
25th February 2004, 07:48 AM
True True, aint this turning into spam?

One more question, how do the rpg hacks create smap?

Chris
25th February 2004, 02:24 PM
Message board-based RPG hacks are mainly based on post count, therefore people with many posts will have the advantage over those with fewer with that sort of system. Put two and two together and you have your answer...

Goten Shy
25th February 2004, 02:48 PM
IC. Ok, i suppose it makes sense