PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Plol.. Pol.. Lop.. Oh bite it

Moonlight Espeon
22nd February 2004, 08:00 PM
A plol.. Poll I mean.. about typso.. I mean typos

1. About how many typos do you think you make per day? (estimation)

2. Do you think you are a pretty good typer that normally doesn't make many typos or do you have a lot of room for improvement?

3. Take this test (http://www.typingmaster.com/index.asp?go=tmonline_comp). What is your WPM (words per minute) rating?

4. Can you type without looking at the keyboard?

5. What color is your keyboard?

6. What type is your keyboard?

My answers:

1. Probably a million, maybe more :O

2. I have room for improvement but I'm not too shabby.. I'm pretty fast.

3. 74 WPM thank you very much >=O

4. Of course I can O_o

5. Black, pure black, just like my computer AND my monitor :d

6. It's a Dell QuietKey, it came with my computer which I recently got on Thursday :o

EDIT: Way underestimation on the WPM, changed it from 63 to 74

Number1ChanseyFan
22nd February 2004, 10:09 PM

I don't know, I don't make a lot, but I am a pretty poor typer overall... as slow as I type, I shouldn't really make many typos!!

2. Do you think you are a pretty good typer that normally doesn't make many typos or do you have a lot of room for improvement?

I have a ton of room for improvement!! I am a horrible typer!!

3. Take this test. What is your WPM (words per minute) rating?

45-48!! lol

Well, technically, I can type without looking at the keyboard, but what I type will not make any sense at all!! So yeah, I do look at the keyboard for the most part, unless I am typing a word that I commonly type, and I have memorized it.

White

It is a Compaq. It is the one that came with my computer that I have had since 1999.

DarkTemplarZ
22nd February 2004, 10:11 PM
1) Several, not sure exactly how many, they rarely get through though, cuz I usually notice and erase them.

2) I'm a pretty good typer. I type at about 75 WPM, although I only type with two or three fingers :)

3) 75 WPM

4) Yep, pretty easily.

5) Black

6) The Dell that came with my computer.

The Rusted One
22nd February 2004, 11:33 PM
Maybe ten to fifteen. I don't really talk to that many people online, so I'm not trying to communicate with this person and that at once (so my spelling doesn't suffer). With one of my friends, though, typos are a running joke, depending on what they are.

Normally good.

3. Take this test (http://www.typingmaster.com/index.asp?go=tmonline_comp). What is your WPM (words per minute) rating?
Didn't work for me, which I don't find surprising with my ancient computer (the internet is obviously not the most favoured programme for this machine).

Yes, to a point, and ignoring the increased rate of typos.

Beige?

I don't know. It has "KTX" with a small "registered" symbol, but really it's just a keyboard.

RedStarWarrior
23rd February 2004, 08:29 PM
Maybe 26.
I think I am a pretty good typer.
Yes.
Black.
Wireless.

powermudkip
23rd February 2004, 09:11 PM
1. I have no clue
2. I think I'm a good typer considering my age.
3.67 WPM
4. Uh..Yes O_O
5.Grayish-White
6.Compaq

Angel Blossom
23rd February 2004, 10:36 PM
Hey Kelly, sup? :wave:

1) OH, come on... for those of you who go to ummmm very frequently - what do YOU think? XD Everyone knows that I'm like the typo queen of the chat. I know I make atleast ten typos everyday. If not, even more.. maybe twice as much. XD I'll try counting my typos someday.. that'll be funny. o.o

2) Um.. I'm not a good typer at all, yet I'd hate to improve on it. Erm, I just wub being a typo queen. (?) XP When I'm chattin on AIM, I don't really take all the time in the world to type perfectly.. it's just a chat anyway, right? ^^;

3) It doesnt work for me, either. *owns the lame-o king of computers*

4) Whitey-gray color. Its old. ^^;;

5) Ga...te..way. o.o OMG, GUYS, I could read it! ^.^ I'm so peroud.

kainashi
23rd February 2004, 11:31 PM
1. maybe one or two.

2. i'm a good typer.

3. 84 wpm.

4. of course.

5. cream and blue at the top.

6. microsoft multimedia keyboard.

titandude21
24th February 2004, 12:23 AM

1. per day, i'm not sure. i'd say around once per 20-30 words... i correct them all before posting

2. i'm a decent typer... i don't have the 150 WPM computer-holic speed, but i'm pretty good

3. doesn't work on my comp... i've done typing tests on other programs, namely Mavis Beacon... i average around 80-85 WPM, and peaked @ 89. my internet typing speed exceeds 100 a few times if i know what i'm typing

4. yes, i do it all the time

5. grayish-white

6. Gateway2000 keyboard... nothing special about it to my knowledge

Red Angel
24th February 2004, 12:56 AM

Well, it depends. I type well some days and can't spell my onw name on others.

:no::no::no:

Yes, more or less.

White-beige-blue.

Uh... <turns keyboard over> Logitech Internet Navigator Keyboard.

Lady Vulpix
24th February 2004, 08:21 AM
1. Between 2 and 5, I think. Depending on how much I type too.
2. I think I'm a good enough typist. I'm not entering any typing competitions anyway.
3. 39... Too bad the Spanish version didn't open.
4. No, but I can type without looking at the screen... Oh, wait... I can! I'd never tried before and it takes a lot longer, but I can!
5. Used to be white, now it's whatever color the accumulated dirt allows it.
6. Standard 101 keys, English distribution.

Royal_Goddess_Tina
24th February 2004, 08:59 AM
- Hmmmm... Not a lot...

- I am normally a pretty good typer...

-It didn't work very well for me...

- Yes...

-White... I want blue!!! :(

- A normal one... :confused:

Wolfsong
24th February 2004, 04:29 PM

O.o For me too many to count. Probably a minimum of three a day thoguh usually alot more. I've given up on counting much less estimatiing it. Its safe to say that there's a list out there with plenty of the ones i made on it ^^;; (though there are some made by others on it too)

I have a lot of room for improvement.

[b]43

Some though i tend to make way more typos when i do ty it

It's black and gray

Just the basic qwerty one that comes on a lap top ^^

Silver Ledian
25th February 2004, 01:00 PM
I wouldn't really say that many. I never really have to edit posts or anything. I guess in school I have to correct my words about twice a day and perhaps in chatrooms I make a few typos a day. I'll say about 6 or 7.

Considering that I've never really taken a proper I.T. class and I've learnt to type just from being online anad having my own comp. I'm pretty good. I still have to look at the keyboard.

57 per minute...I didn't know what to do at first so I lost a few seconds. I didn't read the first sentence before I started, which I should have done ^^;

Not on the long term but I can take my eyes off it for about 10 or 20 seconds. I make more mistakes when I don't look at the keyboard though. HEY! I just tried and I only had to backspace about 3 times!!! :)

Cream...but a bit dirty since I've had it for 3 years.

It's a Compaq :)

EDIT: Typo XD!

dark_tyranitar
25th February 2004, 02:55 PM

I make a lot of them, considering that I type fast, but I usually check them before I post.

I think I'm sort of in the middle, leaning more towards the good typer.

It doesn't work.

Only a little bit.

White and gray

A standard keyboard with the Winkey and the Menukey. It also has a few hotkeys, volume control, and CD control, but they don't work.

shazza
1st March 2004, 11:25 PM
Yeah, I make quite alot. But I backspace just as fast as I type, as a habit, so it isn't really a problem.

I make alot of typos, by accuracy needs to be improved, but I believe my speed is quite good.

92 WPM.

Yep, that is how I usually type, saves alot of time and it is a habit.

White and grey.

Just a standard, old keyboard. :(

Jay
2nd March 2004, 05:13 AM
1. Without fixing up my mistakes I can make a lot of typos... It also depends on how quick I'm typing, and in what position I'm in (no dirty ideas please ;)). I don't know, I'm at the computer all day. It can go into the hundreds. Maybe 500 - 600.

2. Relates to my WPM. It's really high but my typo-rate is very disturbing xD There's definitely room for improvement.

3. The test didn't work for me, but I have other programs on my computer that tell me what my WPM is. It's gone up to 120-130 WPM before while I was typing real fast, but the average for me is around 95-100 WPM.

4. *Doesn't look at keyboard and types*

5. It's white. Plain white. Nothing special, but a turbo key on it.

6. Normal keyboard? I don't know. Silly question.

kurai
4th April 2004, 01:00 PM
1. Probably about 30 or so a day, but I pay attention to my keystrokes so I generally correct them automatically (for example, I hit the 's' key trying to type correct, then backspaced and hit 'c' without thinking about it.)
2. I don't usually make too many errors that last any length of time because of the skill outlined in part 1.
3. Gross speed of 79 wpm, apparently.
4. Yes.
5. Grey.
6. Standard non-ergonomic.

abunaidesu
11th June 2004, 01:24 PM
alot.

decent i guess.

you tell me.

yes.

the same as everyone elses.

some lame one