PDA

View Full Version : poll: best disney movie?

suzie
24th February 2004, 02:13 AM
what do you guys think the best disney movie has been?

woz thinks its aladdin, but he's wrong.

i think the best would have to be beauty and the beast.

also, a goofy movie :wave:

woz
24th February 2004, 02:15 AM
it's clearly aladdin; pure gold. closely followed by a goofy movie.

Razola
24th February 2004, 02:45 AM
Snow White for historic significance, and I think either Aladin or the Lion King for personal choice. Tough decision.

cd
24th February 2004, 03:52 AM
lion king. good movie.

bme
24th February 2004, 03:54 AM
Lady & The Tramp is my favorite Disney movie. It's the best. :yes:

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
24th February 2004, 06:13 AM
Black Cauldron. I like fantasy stuff and I think it was the first Disney movie I ever saw. And it wasn't as kitschy as the other ones, with lots of silly songs.

kainashi
24th February 2004, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by cool_daddy_47
lion king. good movie. seconded. :wave:

Royal_Goddess_Tina
24th February 2004, 09:06 AM
Beauty and the Beast is my favourite!!!!!! I love that movie!! *runs around house looking for movie*

RedStarWarrior
24th February 2004, 11:59 AM
I second Alex in this. Black Cauldron is definately an underrated classic!

Cheesey
24th February 2004, 12:36 PM
The Lion King is easily the best. The plot is better than the other Disney films I've seen, and the music is great too. So yeah, my vote goes to that. Steve and John have good taste!!

Mikey
24th February 2004, 02:01 PM
My vote goes to Mulan. The music was awesome, and it was actually funny. It also had a fresh story and is entertaining.

Yoh Asakura
24th February 2004, 02:13 PM
I'd say The Tigger Movie because Tigger rocks ;x

The Muffin Man
24th February 2004, 02:50 PM
I'm with Woz on this one. Aladdin > All other Disney movies.

Well, maybe Pirates of the Caribean(sp?) is better...

Wolfsong
24th February 2004, 04:01 PM
I think everyone can probably guess what i'm going to say. Its The Lion King. Original plot, great music, great animation, plus stars my second favorite wild animal the lion. My second favorite one would have to be brother bear. It was an interesting concept.

classy_cat18
24th February 2004, 04:04 PM
Although I'm not a big fan of sports, I would have to say Remember the Titans and the first two Mighty Ducks movies. I would love to own those movies on DVD.

dark_tyranitar
25th February 2004, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by kainashi
seconded. :wave:

Thirded. The Lion King was a great movie.

Craig
25th February 2004, 02:56 PM
either Aladdin or The Lion King, I used to love Aladdin as a littler kid, i used to live on the sega genesis game despite never beating it (LOL.. ..yea I suck.)

The lion king was good, but the toucan thing annoyed me (zazu?)

pikachurulz
25th February 2004, 04:06 PM
Lion King closely followed by aladdin. there what good disney films should be like. good plot and great music and great characters. they just don't make them like they used to anymore.

Agent Elrond
25th February 2004, 04:33 PM
Eh, I'll say Pirates of the Caribbean. On the whole I don't really like Disney animated movies. Not that I have anything against Alladin (Robin Williams!) or Lion King, but what bugs me is in Mulan, when the Chinese girl runs off to join the Chinese army, she does it in Samurai armor. What's up with THAT? And in the match making sequence, they dress up as Japanese ladies of fasion? What the hey? Chinese girls of that era didn't go for kimonos, they went for foot binding! (Oh wait, but they could never have that in a Disney movie. :o )

Eh, sorry about that, Mulan is a fun movie, it's just these little technicalities really bug me, seeing as how I have rather a lot of Japanese heritage.

Okay! I'm happy again now! :D :wave:

Green_Pikachu
25th February 2004, 04:41 PM
for best overall movie, i'm gonna have to go with beauty and the beast.

for best MUSIC, im going with little mermaid. i think under the sea is THE greatest disney song ever, not to mention Part of Your World, and Kiss The Girl. please, hands down, little mermaid wins best music.

Chikoo
25th February 2004, 10:50 PM
I'm a Pixar chick. Toy Story 1/2, A Bug's Life, Finding Nemo, Monsters Inc I got em all. A Bug's Life is the best one, though.

en0miz
26th February 2004, 09:50 PM
My favorite movies would have to Aristocats, Lion King, and Monsters Inc. I remember getting Aristocats when I was young, and I loved that movie. x_x I also loved the stupid songs they had in it, such as that "Everybody wants to be a cat" song. xD I would love to see it again, but I have no idea where my copy is.. *shrug*

I like Lion King because it's Lion King, really, what more can I say? I have a friend whose a Lion King freak... I swear that she watches her dvd atleast once every week or so. xD

And my last favorite is Monsters Inc. It's my favorite Pixar movie: great story, and I loved how they tied it in with their other series, Toy Story.

mr_pikachu
28th February 2004, 06:22 AM
I've gotta go with classy_cat18 and say Remember the Titans. It was so good I didn't realize it was a Disney movie! :o

The_Missing_Link
28th February 2004, 04:31 PM
My favorites are: The Fox and the Hound, Lady and the Tramp, Sleeping Beauty, Mulan, Alice in Wonderland, The Aristocats, Mary Poppins, Robin Hood, The Sword in the Stone and any Pixar movie

Angel Blossom
28th February 2004, 06:08 PM
I think that The Lion King is the best Disney movie. ^^ It is a very sweet movie, in my opinion.. sure, its sad, but it is sweet. I never get bored of it, lol. The music is pretty tolerable - for a kid's movie, anyway. The storyline is original, although you have to admit that it is really a lot like Hamlet and, for those of you who have heard of it, Kimba the White Lion. Either way, it's the most enjoyable Disney movie yet. Also, the animation is wonderful, and I find it amazing that the animators could create those lively images. It took a lot of talent to create that movie, and the talent really shows. So.. good job, Lion King people! Whoo. :P

EDIT: Oh, yeah.. I think that Aladdin and Remember the Titans were both great Disney movies, too. Those are my three favorites, lol. ^^; Although those two movies are pretty great, The Lion King is still the best, IMO.

shazza
28th February 2004, 06:22 PM
Hmmmmm, probably Lion King. I always remember that as one of my favourite movies, back in the day. A close second by Aladdin.

VaporeAct
28th February 2004, 07:31 PM
Definately a tie for me.
Remember The Titans = Miracle

Nevermore
1st March 2004, 02:39 AM
The best disney movie is The Return Of Jafar!

It's got a much better plot than Aladdin - Iago the materialistic parrot is the coolest disney character, and seeing him struggling with his conscience makes for a really interesting plot, IMO. I also love all of the songs, particularly the ones involving the little macaw's excruciating attempts at singing. And I really didn't notice that it was Dan Castallentana (or however you spell it) doing the Genie rather than Robin Williams.

I also really liked Monsters, Inc., but The Return Of Jafar is better. When I was younger I would probably have said The Lion King because it really wowed me the first time I saw it, but now it's a bit of a snooze.

abunaidesu
11th June 2004, 01:27 PM
finding nemo is pimp.