PDA

View Full Version : [poll] shortened names...

Dark Scizor
12th January 2003, 02:40 PM
I have'nt made a poll in ages, but since my last couple of posts did'nt get too many replys i dont expect many from this one. Anyway its about your real name, so here goes:

1] Do you think Steve is the right shortened name for my real name which is Stephen?

2] Whats you name when its been shortened?

3] Do you prefer it shortened of like it normally is (eg. Liking Leslie over Les etc.)

4] If you could rename yourself what would you be called?(Just the forename)

1] I think its okay, but i've been called Steve for so long, everyone at school thinks my name is Steven (alternate spelling) and i have to agree with them since they all take the mick out of my real name since its a ph, so i just say i kinda fogot it.:( :rolleyes:

2] Its Steve

3] I prefer Steve way over Stephen.

4] I would'nt mind a name change to Steven so it owuld get rid of the confusion

DarkTemplarZero
12th January 2003, 02:47 PM
1) I guess so

2) Alex

3) definetly shortened

4) I like my name :p

mvtm
12th January 2003, 02:57 PM
1] Do you think Steve is the right shortened name for my real name which is Stephen?

Yes it seens good , hmm i like that name Steve.

I dont have certaindly one , my whole name is Maria Valentina, people call me Maria , and well like 2 or 3 people Mari thats its the shortened form of Maria , Back like 2 years before some of my best friends called me cuchi cuchi in english "Cute, Cute" to joke on me. Because i cute lol.

3] Do you prefer it shortened of like it normally is.

Hmm really i like it people call me Maria , yeah shortened of my whole name that as i mentioned before is Maria Valentina

4] If you could rename yourself what would you be called?

Hmm no i like it how is it , plus i am very bad thinkin of forenames.

galaxy
12th January 2003, 03:02 PM
1) Definatly
2) Joe
3) Definatly Joe
4) I'd call myself Gareth because I look like Gareth Gates

JamieC
12th January 2003, 09:45 PM

I prefer Ste. Steve is a bit... old.

Um... Jay I think. Although Jamie is 'short' for James :P

3] Do you prefer it shortened of like it normally is (eg. Liking Leslie over Les etc.)

No-one calls me James - i don't even recognise the name as my own anymore. I like Jamie, but I don't mind being called Jay - we shorten everyones name to one syllable in our house- Jamie to Jay, Louise to Lou, Tom to **** ;) , and Mary to Mare... Laziness I guess

I wouldn't. I like my name, and I wouldn't know who people were talking to if they used a different one...

Keyblade Master
12th January 2003, 09:55 PM
1) Yup
2) N/A my name only has four letters A-N-N-A= Anna my name
3) /\
4) Samantha/Izumi/ or Crystal all my RP names.

crazybone
12th January 2003, 09:56 PM
1. I have a friend named Stephen... when I first met him, I read his name tag, and I read it Step Hen. I made fun of him, till Grade 8 or so, :o which was how long it took me to mature :o and he shortened it to Steve. There's absolutely no point to this story, but meh. Steve it is.

2. Joe. Or Jo. Or Jo-Jo. Jebus, no one even knows what my real name is anymore. I've been called Joel, Joseph, Joe, Joey, lol. Idiots. ;\

3. Normally, as Joel. ;\

4. Jippi Joel Longstocking Banana King Version Eight Villa-Rectum Analgyro Dictator Presiding Judge Of World

Drago
13th January 2003, 04:11 AM
I couldn't really think of much else. Mr Stee, perhaps, but that's only if you pity the fools

Tony, Ant, Antman, Kan-Tong, Antelope (of course that isn't really shorter, in the sense...). Mostly just Ant or Tony.

I don't mind Tony, actually. It's rather quick and easy to say. I'm more used to Anthony, though.

BOB! Simply because it's not likely I'd misspell it. That, and it's the same backwards. And it's fun to shout. And I could bob up and down. Bob...the name of a thousand uses.

Ninetales3001
13th January 2003, 04:40 AM

Yeah.. That's right, because your name "Stephen" is like "Steven" which is shortened to "Steve." I could be wrong though.. ^^;

Phil

It really depends on who's talking to me, or how people are talking to me. It really depends though - whenever my best friend is cross with me, he calls me by my full name which sends chills up my spine due to the fact that I hate him being mad at me XD. A lot of my friends called me "Philly" which can be REALLY annoying, only two people have the right to call me that, my friend Athena and her sister Samantha. My mom calls me Phil, my dad calls me Philip. People in "athority" call me Philip, unless they know me well thus them calling me Phil. So, what I'm trying to say is that I prefer Phil. lol

I would loved to be called Austin, but I'm blessed enough to have that as my last name, so I'm not at a total loss. ^^; Mr. Austin sounds cool... maybe I'll start to introduce myself as Austin instead of Phil. XD

Adz44
13th January 2003, 02:31 PM
1) Yes.

2) Quite simply, Adz (pronounced Ads).

3) I don't really care. If someone calls me Adz, I like it. If someone calls me Adam, fair enough.

4) I wouldn't change my name, even at gunpoint. I was born as Adam, I'll die as Adam. Anyone have a problem with that?! No?! Good. lol

Kris
13th January 2003, 02:37 PM

1) Yeah one of my best mates spells it like that and we call him steve

2) Kris

3) You dare call me by my full name you die!

4) Dunno, Ive always liked Jo

Little_Pikachu
13th January 2003, 02:39 PM
1. No, you should be Steph :)

2. Suzie. Oh, wouldn't you like to know the extension of that! :P

3. I preffer my short version.

4. Don't really care. What's in a name?

Jay Umbreon
13th January 2003, 03:30 PM
Yah, it sounds justa bout right :)

My real name is Jamie, and my nick/shortened name is 'Jay' :) I like that better.

I prefer it shortened- easier and quicker to say...and sounds better imo. part from it rhyming with gay and all =o

If I could have a new name, I wouldn't. But, if I HAD to have a new name...then I quite like the name Hose-Maria, or Sal :) something mexican atleast.

Zup
13th January 2003, 07:10 PM
1) Aah, sounds fine to me.

2) Ry

3) No. My name is RYAN darnit.

4) Zup maybe....otherwise...not a chance!

pika23
13th January 2003, 10:14 PM
1. Yeah, I like it. ^_^
2. Whit or Whitty
3. It doesn't matter to me.
4. If I could rename myself I'd pick the name Kitty or Mezary. (I know last one is dark and gloomy but I like it) ^_^

Wergoheb
14th January 2003, 08:26 AM
1. I would guess so...

2. D, Dar... Darri? The name Darrius is not easially shortened :{<

3. Erm... people either Call me Darrius, or a nickname i don't feel like sharing... :{\

4. I want to Be Rico... Rico Suave! then i will be teh sexy mane! *dance* [/sarcasm]

nightcrow
14th January 2003, 09:26 AM
1. Sure...?
2. I have so many shortened versions of my name it ain't funny o_O; Examples are Ash, Ashy, Asho, Arsh, A, *** -_-... the list goes on.
3. Most people call me Ash, so I dunno, I guess I prefer the shortened version.
4. Shayna. I think that would suite me better than Ashlea. =)

midnightangel
14th January 2003, 11:17 AM
1) I like 'Steven' or 'Steve' much better....doesn't really matter to me much. It's your decision after all :)

2) The name 'Donna' cannot be shortened by any means--unless you wanted to call me 'Don'--then everyone would think I'm a guy until I tell them different ;o

3) Everyone either calls me Donna...unless it's my immediate family--and they call me every name under the sun (LOL).
The most tame nickname the've come up with is 'Chansey'--I'm still trying to figure out why they came up with that

4) Ha Ha...I will probably never change my name in this lifetime.
Maybe the next one, but not this one ;)

Crystalmaster Mike
14th January 2003, 01:54 PM
1] Well, I once knew a Steven (Stephen?) who I called Steffi, but I don't think you'll like that one much either.

2] Well, Mike is as decent my name can be shortened. Mind you, my name has the same pronunciation as the English Michael, but a totally different spelling! O_O'' And as I don't want to be called Mai(k), or Mickey for that matter,...

3] IRL, I like to be called by my real name. Online, it's for the best you call me Mike, to avoid terrible "speeling eroors"!!

4] Bob. Just plain Bob. Or maybe Joe. Or John. Or perhaps even Stu!! Nah, I can't picture me with another name, I'm just me!!