PDA

View Full Version : A True Trainer

Zee Sage
24th February 2004, 02:42 PM
Yet again, Zee Sage and his corny titles, as many of you know Different wasn't a big sucess so I present you the totaly redone fic: A True Trainer. The Prologue is the only thing I can post right now because I am still wroting chapter 1. The Prologue is just over a page in MS, but it does introduce two main characters: Tybalt and Polonius. So feast in merriment, as if, and read: A TRUE TRAINER!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A True Trainer
Prologue
-00-
Team Terror

“Bold and durable, a big liar and conniving thief, perfect qualities for a member of Team Terror,” said a man his voice, his voice was indescribable. Cold and cunning and cut through you like a knife, he was a businessman. Wearing a blue suit behind a very fancy oak desk. In the upper corner of his suit was a patch; the image on the patch was two lightning bolts flipped around forming a ‘T’.

“Thank you sir, my brother and me, are very looking forward to serving you sir,” said a boy, he was sixteen and wore black jeans and a black shirt.

“Polonius, Tybalt, I see you mother has a thing for Shakespeare?” he said opening a folder and reading down the transcript.

“Yes sir, she reads Shakespeare all day an all night, she recited lines everywhere, which drove us almost insane,” The one called Tybalt said. Tybalt wore a dark orange shirt with the same black jeans as his brothers, Polonius.

“Ah… I have always felt if you understand all literature then you shall rule out over others,” said the cold voiced man.

“Powerful words sir, if I do say myself,” Polonius said, he withdrew gum from his pocket and slipped a piece of it into his mouth.

“Quite the suck-up aren’t you Polonius, another great characteristic Team Terror is looking for. Take this to Narcissi our secretary and she will provide you with your uniforms and your first pokemon,” he said taking to orange tickets from a drawer in his desk and handing them to his two newest members.

“Thank you Mr. Isanti, you won’t be let down,” Tybalt said, taking one of the tickets.

“One more thing guys,” Mr. Isanti said, “You are all aware of Brad Savage, are you not?”

“Yes sir, that annoying Gym Leader in Sinai City,” Polonius said making a fist and waving it.

“Well his younger brother is about to receive the spawn of the infinitely known pokemon, Chikoris Ultimus,” said Mr. Isanti.

“If you don’t mind me asking sir, how do you know?” Polonius asked him.

“Fool. I run Sinai City, I run the Pokemon Centers, the Pokemon Markets, the Trainers Tavern and Inn, and every building with a mile radius of the border!” he said, “I also control, which Pokemon people receive!”

“Why would you give a really strong Pokemon to a small twerp like that?” Tybalt asked him, the coldness in this room was started to get to him, and black everywhere, no windows, and it appeared to him that what he was joining was a cult.

“Fool. The nurse in charge of the Pokemon Government will betray me, Nurse Tyron will be punished!” He said pounding his desk, “Anyway, since Brad Savage has and always will be my arch enemy, you will follow him and make him pay!”

“Yes sir, we will not let you down,” Tybalt said opening the door, once outside they gave the tickets to the Narcissi and she gave us two uniforms and two Darkballs. Yet they didn’t know that what they just got themselves into was a whole mess of trouble.

On the other side of town a boy sprang up bathed in cold sweat, “They’re after me!” I said.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So R-R and I'll update as often as possible.

DannyBoy
24th February 2004, 02:58 PM
Ok start so far. The beginning is a bit of a mystery about what is going on. Not much to say on it now but again, ok start. Can't wait for the first chapter. Keep it up!

mr_pikachu
24th February 2004, 11:37 PM
Kinda ambiguous, but that's okay; it's a prologue. It's good that we're getting to know two people who (I assume) will be major players in the plotline. The guy at the end serves as a good hook, a way to draw people in; but it's a little bit short. Of course, that may make it an even better hook, but it's frustrating as a reader. ^^; Hey, writers can't always please their fans, right? With good times come the bad...

Anyway, I look forward to seeing how this turns out! :wave:

P.S. ...And that's why you don't make promises about finishing fics until you're sure they're going well. It can kinda bit you in the butt in the end. :( Well, I hope this turns out better. :yes:

mistysakura
25th February 2004, 01:25 AM
Sad that Different's gone... it's just so nice to watch a fic grow from Chapter 1, but a lot of the time that process is cut short. I hope you'll have better luck this time.

This was cool. I like how the prologue didn't start with the main character (unless you've changed your focus this time), because that usually gives a different perspective, which is nice.

The only thing I didn't like that much was that the plot seems to hinge on rivalry. In my opinion, that can sometimes make a fic shallow, because it can easily lead to using pointless rivalry, instead of actual events, to explain hate. Sometimes, it seems as if there is no real (or strong enough) reason for the rivalry at all. I hope this will be handled better in this fic.

Good luck!
P.S. Why's the name of the fic in your sig The Titan Trainer?

2ra
29th February 2004, 02:45 PM
Although a very strange title, I must say this prologue sure is mysterious and keeps the reader hooked. I can't wait to see what happens with Soni and what the use of his powers will lead to.

I would've had no idea where you had gotten Tybalt from if I hadn't started reading Shakespeare tihs month :P Hmm, maybe its symbolic of one of his characteristics? Well I guess only time will tell. Keep up the great work! =D

(P.S. Don't feel bad about the title, I'm worse at names myself e.e)

Zee Sage
1st March 2004, 09:37 AM
Well here it is the long awaited chapter one, but first here are the replys to the replys;):

IloveX-Tina... er *checks new sn*... ImortalDreams: Thanks, much appriciated.

Mr Pikachu: Thanks, Yeah I guess ya cant, well Hope ya like chapter 1. I do.

Mistysukura: Thanks, the rivalry will develop throughout the fic, and yea I feel stupid, I changed the title and forgot to change it in my sig.

2ra: Thanks, Yeah Tybalt and Polonius are both named after Shakesperian characters.

Well, ya:

A True Trainer
Chapter I
-01-
The Tests Begin

As the Pidgey chirped their high-pitched cry, they could be heard from distant parts of Sinai City. The sound was very rejuvenating, if you cared to get up that early. The baby Rattata were slowly arising from a night’s slumber, Magikarp flopped around and splashed at the shores of Sinai Lake, which separated Sinai from Gold Metro.

Gold Metro, beautiful lights at night made it seem like morning, in
Gold Metro every year on August 6th, the Atlanta Pokemon League Championship starts. In order to be allowed the honour and dignity of participating in these riveting games you need to collect ten badges out of the available twelve badges in the Atlanta continent. Gold Metro was always buzzing with people that were beginning their days before even the people of even Night Town got up.

But Sinai City, Sinai City was a vast and huge city, which made even the biggest and largest citys look small. The buildings ranged from one story to forty, selling stuff from Foot Soap to Legendary Pokemon. The Pokemon Center in Sinai City was the largest on the entire continent, which could only mean one thing it was swarmed with tourists. Coming thousands of miles from all over, especially in July through August. Trainers, families, and spectators stopped in Sinai City before completing their quest and settling in Gold Metro.

The Pokemon Center was a large dome with a stained silver frame and an inky red exterior. Broadened in the center of the large dome was a Pokeball and along the top semicircle were the
words, ‘Sinai City.’

Large neighbourhoods and subdivisions were spread all over Sinai. Ranging in size from four houses to sixty houses, each house individual in its own way. The street names of Subdivisions are all after Pokemon. Neighbourhoods are named after colors, fruits, vegetables, and various other items.

In one subdivision though, Falconcrest Estates to be exact, housed about forty-five family’s give or take. One of the houses though, located on Poliwhirl Drive, was a very odd house. It was a tan house with dark green doors and shutters, but the house itself was not strange it was what was of the backyard. The backyard was a large open field it was ten acres total. In those ten acres were ash, spruce, pine, elm, and oak trees all scattered in different regions of the yard. In the center was a large pond, and next to that was the largest tree in the whole field. Twenty feet tall, it stood strong and tall it was oak trees with many branches. The most important thing about this huge field was that it was roamed by POKEMON!

Over fifty species of Pokemon roamed this vast backyard all owned by my mother, my father, and my brother and sister. Yes as long as I am the main character in this story I might as well be the narrator. My mother, Rose Savage, who started out with a Teddiursa, was now an employee at the Pokemon Give and Receive Department at the Pokemon Government.

This department was designed to make sure who owned what Pokemon and where the Pokemon was captured at. The Pokedex gave a kind of radar signal, which picked up on the high level of iron in Pokemon. Every time a Pokemon was captured the level of iron in the Pokemon tripled, which enabled the magnetism, which was the reason Pokeballs attached to Pokebelts. Whenever a Pokemon was caught the Pokedex sent a fax printout to the department, which included: name, level, attacks, attack, defence, and endurance points, and a layered strength report.

My father, Kyle Savage, who worked at the Pokemon Explore and Discover Unit of the Pokemon Government carried his full team around with him: Salamence, Blastoise, Gardevoir, Golem, Steelix, and Snorlax. He traveled continents searching for new pokemon; he is very rarely at home. My brother and sister were first and third in the Atlanta League, Brad, my brother finished first, and Candy finished third. Twins, they traveled together and were now seventeen and running the cities gym.

The Sinai Gym was the only gym in the world with a gym that housed two different types of Pokemon, Fire and Water. Brad trains fire and Candy trains water. The twist is a trainer picks two Pokemon to use before he knows whom he is facing.

The check for first place in the Atlanta league is six million dollars, and third place is two point five million dollars. The entire lot of it went into the gym, renovating it and refurbishing and all the rest of the stuff.

The last and final member of the strange and weird family was I, regular old Soni Savage, twelve-years-old and rearing to go. I was just two weeks away from August 6th, because not only was that the beginning of the qualifying rounds of the League, it was also the day where a Professor selects twelve trainers to travel Atlanta. The selection of trainers was vigorous and rough, a series of three events.

The three events were tough and tested strength, endurance, and the ability to react under intense pressure. In fact the tests were starting tomorrow.

I sniffed; a flower aroma filled my nostrils, which could only mean one thing, Candy was preparing for a date. Every Friday and Saturday Candy was on a date. I bet she would go on dates everyday if she could but Mom made a rule no dates on school nights. Brad and Candy were in school because they left school at twelve they went back to middle school two years later and finished. They were now seventeen and in tenth grade.
I stared around at my room, a pigsty as usual, the floor has blue carpet but right now it is a sea of rejected clothes I will not be taking on my journey. As you can tell I am a bit confident about tomorrow. A queen-size bed was in the corner with an unmade bed comforter. I had a thirteen-inch TV suspended by a TV suspender, which was directly in front of the bed. A desk was on the wall opposite of the bed; sitting on the desk was a computer. Nothing to fancy, the computer worked pretty well. The desk’s surface was full of papers with various facts Professor Ronan posted on the Internet to study from.

The clock beeped and I stared at the large green glowing numbers: 8:00 P.M. Today was the day of the tests and I had to be there at twelve sharp. I realized I had better get to sleep so I could get some sleep for later. I closed off a website called, ‘So You Want To Ace Ronan’s Test?’ and got into pyjama pants on and getting into bed. I flipped on the TV and to the show called, ‘The Chikorita Chick.’ As I fell asleep I couldn’t help myself from muttering, “Chikorita, the Scented Leaf Pokemon.”
Dreamless slumber cluttered the room until far away in downtown organizations a conspiracy thickened.

“Look you owe me three hundred and seventy dollars or you… well let’s just say when I am done with you even your mother won’t recognize you,” chuckled a grungy bartender.

“Look Filth Pot, you know I don’t intend to pay you the money, I’m the newest member of Team Terror, Tybalt Rey,” Tybalt said clutching a Darkball.

“Look I ain’t gonna give up Kyle Savage’s location he’s a good man,” Filth Pot said shaking the currently filthy glass he was doing a poor job scrubbing.

“Fine then, Weedle Poison Sting!” Tybalt said tossing out his Darkball. A small yellow caterpillar came out; his eyes were blood red and looked like he wanted to kill. Emblazoned upon his forehead was a sharp and pointed with a gleaming pride was a horn. The Weedle smirked and slammed his horn into the side of Filth Pot’s arm, when he ejected out his horn it was dripping with poison.

“Bloody Hell, call an ambulance,” he said as he collapsed on the floor. As if a bomb went off chairs scuffed the floor trying to help the infamous Filth Pot. The grubby floor littered with overturned chairs was also housing cheap wooden tables. The walls were peach with neon furry dice wallpaper. The counter was the only semi-decent looking thing. Mahogany and perfect for the classic glass slide bartenders did out of habit. The back was a giant wine cabinet and on top were various alcohol flavourings. A large cooler was also behind the counter.

The Weedle crawled onto Tybalt’s arm and Tybalt started for the door ignoring the jeers of, “Hey, where do you think your going?” As he walked out his brother Polonius was leaning on the wall puffing a cigarette, he had a green caterpillar on his shoulder. It was green with yellow and black spots on his body, he had a long red antenna that split into a fork at the end.

“What did you find out?” he said dropping his cigarette butt and stepping on it leaving spilling ashes on the floor.

“He didn’t talk so Weedle well, Haha, took old Filth Pot out if you know what I mean,” laughed Tybalt, he tapped Weedle with his Darkball and Weedle was absorbed in a blast of black light, Polonius followed. They hoped into a junky, beat up old booger green Oldsmobile and sped off.

The inky red sphere-like star shone in the morning night soaking up the morning dew. The town was already astir, as tons of families prepared for the upcoming event was followed with great nervousness. I was already dressed and sitting inhaling my cereal, Lucky Chimechos. My red silk shirt with silver sleeves was always glittering in the morning sun. The black coat-vest was comfortable; the pockets were full with various, Potions and Antidotes. I had two normal Pokeballs clipped onto my belt on the second and third magnetic circles.

“Soni get your lazy butt and haul it into the bathroom and brush your teeth we have to leave in five minutes!” exclaimed my mother pointing her finger down our tiled kitchen hallway. Leaving our cheap wood table and walking into our glossy purple bathroom, after scrubbing my teeth I walked out of the room and stood next to my Mom. My black, baggy cargo jeans, also loaded with various healing items, swished to a halt as I stepped out our dark green door. The driveway was littered with toys and junk, but all made way for the silver Impala in the driveway.

“Man I wonder what the tests are, you sure you can’t let me know Mom,” I said smiling.

“Nope no can do Soni, I promised the Government I couldn’t tell you,” she said revving up the engine and swiftly pulling out the driveway.

“Maybe a Washington in your purse could change your mind?” I attempted a bribe.

“You are trying to bribe me… with a dollar?” she said speeding up turning onto the main road.

“No, a quarter but would you like a dollar?” I said looking shocked.

“Soni how do I get a boy as stupid as you from two of the top workers at the Government?” She said shaking her head, she was now on P-85 the road to Ronan Boulevard, which was the road Professor Ronan’s “Play Place,” was at it was really a park.

“How many people are coming to this ‘Boot Camp,’ exactly?” I asked my mom who was driving about sixty now.

“Four hundred and thirty-seven people signed up from all over Atlanta,” she said, “I need to call Ronan telling him I’ll arrive shortly.” Ten minutes and about two hundred trees and bushes later we arrived.

A huge peach Victorian house was sitting at the top of a hill with a long winding path to the road. I could just make out a large banner hung over the doors that read, ‘Good Look Future Atlanta Trainers.’ Pulling into the gravel driveway the excitement was as I felt oozing from my ears. Pulling to a stop behind a blue Minivan, we hopped out and I started forward.

“Soni, your going the wrong way, you have to get you physical in the booth over there first,” my Mom called pointing at a security guard’s toll booth, which was open because it would be a major traffic jam to be formed. I jogged up to Mom and she led us into the very long line, I estimate fifty people in front of us. After my Mom chatted it up with Mrs. Surry from across the street for an hour and a half, it was my turn.

“Please read the bottom line,” sighed the lady doctor, she was slightly overweight and wore a fitted nurse’s uniform.

“T, Q, I, S, K, and O,” I said with a smile feeling confident, the lady took her hand off my right eye and led me into a medium sized room. Inside was a cement floor with cement walls and in the center was a treadmill, “Cozy,” I muttered to myself before stepping onto the exercise machine.

“If you find yourself to tired you cant run just step off the treadmill,” the Nurse sighed, starting up the machine. I breezed through that phase of the test and stepped onto the spongy grass.

My Mom and I slowly descended into the huge crowd to find a seat in the bleachers. We found a seat at the very top and sat down and stared at the stadium. I was amazed but my Mom just sat there, staring at it.

The stadium, which usually housed an arena for practise battles between two elites, was now transformed into a huge, long, and gruelling maze. Hedges that led right, hedges that led left, and in any direction you can imagine they led through each other. There were small square circles only I could see by the looks of it, six of them.

“Can all of the people attempting the future of a Pokemon Trainer please line up in front of the podium,” said a voice on the P.A. system, I along with plenty others stood up and filed in front of the large podium.

Standing in line in front of a big huge podium in which Professor Ronan was standing on. Standing up straight his white lab coat was billowing in the wind, sewn on the upper right was, ‘Prof. Ronan.’ He had black khakis under his lab coat and he wore a tweed sweater, he was in his mid-forties.

“Welcome, three hundred and thirty-seven of you will go home today, broken hearted do doubt. One hundred will continue on to tomorrow, where seventy-six will leave, leaving twenty-four. Then the final cut will be made and twelve trainers will overcome all others. Now your first stunt will be this: There will be six pokemon in a maze, your objective is to find them all and heal them. The trick is you will be given a pack of healing supplies, which are limited use them sparsely or else fail, you must identify what illness the Pokemon has,” Professor Ronan said motioning his hand, bulky security guards started handing out brown parcels.

The package was warm and heavy; as I ripped the parcel open I noticed a lot of it falling onto the floor. As I picked up a black rip off seal bottle, I read the label, Paralyse Heal. Also a Burn Heal, Potion, Super Potion, De-Freeze, and Revive. All in pockets I walked over to a bulletin board and forced my way through the crowd. My Mom was in the stands, which rose over the maze, which was huge. I was fourth to enter the maze; I had a feeling I wasn’t going to be so lucky. I read off Chris Fredrickson who had to go dead last and saw his estimated time would be eight-thirty tomorrow morning. I was planned for one thirty, twenty minutes from the present.

“Soni Savage report to the northwest entrance to begin,” said Ronan on the PA announcement. I stood up from a beach chair the “On-Deck” people got to sit in, I walked on the mossy, spongy grass hopefully not for the last time and ran over to a parting between the tall twelve foot hedges. “GO!” I hurried forward and suddenly spotted a small grey dog. He had black tufts over his body, I recognized him as a Poochyena.

“Poochyena… Pooch,” he said, I was examining his wounds when as soon as he spoke up I heard, “I can’t move.”

“Hello?” I questioned, shaking off the tingling sensation I went back to the pooch Pokemon, in the end I concluded that he was paralysed. Taking out the black bottle I examined it. Black and rough with a yellow lightning bolt seared on the front. I ripped off the press on seal and Poochyena sucked on it, healing the Pokemon. After he got up I noticed some overturned dirt, I slowly pried over the dirt and withdrew a normal Pokeball.

“Um… Return?” I asked, pressing the button, I wasn’t sure if I was supposed to do this but seeing as how the Pokemon absorbed into the ball I attached him to my belt. I put him in my first slot and removed the other two and deposited them in my pocket.

Continuing on I realized this was hard, turning right several times I finally found the second pokemon. A green oblong Pokemon with a giant leaf on his head was fainted on the ground, a Chikorita. I took out a sky blue bottle with skull and crossbones on it. Ripping off the seal I forced it down Chikorita’s throat, he slowly woke up and I recalled him.

Two Pokemon on my belt I continued on, three Pokemon later making my belt: Poochyena, Chikorita, Plusle, Torchic, and Eevee. I spotted a fallen Pokemon, an Absol. Messaging his burns, enough for him to let him lap up the Burn Heal. After recalling him, a whistle shrilled the air.

“Soni Savage with the best time of thirteen minutes and forty-two seconds!” Ronan said, “Please report to my house for further instructions.”

I walked out of the maze on the other side of the maze and headed for the large Victorian. It was the best feeling, six Pokemon, a full belt but I knew it would be a matter of time before I had to give them back. The spongy grass crunched under my feet as I trotted along and waved at the applauding audience. Once I was in front of the house I pushed open the tall red doors.

“Congratulations Soni,” said a calm and peaceful voice behind me, I spun around. An elderly man was standing behind me awaiting trainers; he had wiry grey hair and a white lab coat that had the name, ‘Prof. Oak,’ on it.

“Hi,” I said quickly reading his name, “Professor Oak.”

“Well Soni, I guess your waiting for your instructions,” Oak said sitting on a cushioned chair at a table.

“Yeah, I am,” I said taking in the scenery, wood maple floors scuffed under the sliding chair. A royal oak table with strange claw feet and rough bumpy edges with half circle outings. The walls were yellow and had a variety of paintings, various fancy rugs with weird things on them.

“Well you have now six Pokemon, you must choose three you will battle with tomorrow… if you make it, if you don’t you give all of them back tomorrow morning… the three you choose will be the Pokemon you battle with tomorrow, you get one battle tomorrow and a final one the day after, this is all only if you make it,” Oak told me, I unclipped my Pokeballs and lined them up.

“I want Absol of course, doesn’t hurt to have a strong backup if needed,” I said pulling it towards me. “I need Poochyena as a brave one, to stand down tough opponents, and finally I think Chikorita as a leaf element Pokemon always a tough Pokemon.”

“Excellent, also in order to handle Pokemon legally is with a Trainer’s Licence or a signed permission slip by a Professor. So here you go,” he said handing over a slip of paper with the words, ‘I, Professor Samuel Oak, give Soni Savage permission to handle three Pokemon.”

“Thank you Professor,” I said taking the slip, I pocketed it and clipped three Pokeballs to my belt leaving Plusle, Torchic, and Eevee behind. I walked out of the house to find the trainer that followed me waiting, I found my mom waiting in the car. As we drove off I couldn’t wait to get home…
So Please R+R.

Zee Sage
1st March 2004, 01:13 PM
Guys here are the Pokedex entries for Soni's three pokemon, they are the exact measurements.

-----------------------------------------------------------
|
|NAME: Chikorita
|
|HIEGHT: 2’7”
|
|WEIGHT: 37 LBS.
|
|TYPE: Grass
|
|
|NAME: Poochyena
|
|HEIGHT: 2’3”
|
|WEIGHT: 29 LBS.
|
|TYPE: Dark
|
|
|NAME: Absol
|
|HEIGHT: 3’5”
|
|WEIGHT: 70 LBS.
|
|TYPE: Dark
|

DannyBoy
1st March 2004, 02:28 PM
not bad, not bad at all. The beginning was ok but as it continued, it got better. Noticed a few spelling errors and mix ups. Length is good. One thing is that you don't have to post the pokedex info on a seperate post, it could have been edited on the chapter post. But other than that lil thing you did, good. Keep it up!

mr_pikachu
1st March 2004, 11:53 PM
Good job. Did Soni know he had the gift before the Poochyena spoke to him, or was it a surprise? It was difficult to tell. The challenge was very original; I liked the idea of prospective trainers having to know how to treat sick Pokemon. The background was good, too.

Well, I suppose Soni will be fighting even harder for that spot now... I'm looking forward to the next chapter! :wave:

P.S. One thing; watch out for tenses. You need to keep things in the past tense. During the background, you switched to present tense occasionally. Other than that, though, good work.

Zee Sage
6th March 2004, 08:14 PM
Immortaldreams: Thanks! Yea I just realized that I couldve okay so keep reading.

Mr. Pikachu: Thanks! Soni did not know about it, and a thing some may wonder, to actually understand Pokemon Soni has to feel calm, nervous, or scared. Thanks for the tense help I'm working on it.
---------------------------
Dont leave me, I am working hard and am on page 5 of chapter 2 and it is not even close to done, I am VERY excited about this chapter because Tybalt and Polonius do something they surely will regret later. Hehe. Opps! No Spoilers. :) :wave:

dragon684
17th March 2004, 02:59 PM
I love this fic. It has good description and long chapters but you keep it interesting so it doesn't bore after awhile. I hope that you post your next chappy soon. I'v ebeen waiting forever