PDA

View Full Version : Perhaps the cheapest thing to happen since shadow tag Wobbufet

Mewtwo and Eagle
26th February 2004, 05:25 PM
Well now,.....Shedinja can learn substitute! That makes shedinja a major pain to kill, all he has to do is setup 1 substitute, and use swords dance, then start sweeping with shadow ball, what cheapness! There is, however, the possibility that when you use substitute that it kills Shedinja, but I doubt it. (b/c substitute takes away 1/4 of your HP to make a poke'doll that takes damage for you) but you can't (on the Poke'mon battle system) take away 1/4 from 1, so, it's either going to leave Shedinjas HP alone, or KO it, if it doesn't KO it, well, well, well then I guess we'll have the most powerful bug type on hand. I'm not saying that I won't use it, or that it should be "banned" I'm just saying, that with substitute, Shedinja could really screw you over!

Kari and Mewtwo
26th February 2004, 05:53 PM
Apparently this is not the case, as i sharked myself a Shedinja with Substitute on all 4 versions (Fr, LG, ruby, and sapphire) and it always failed.

Poryhedron
26th February 2004, 09:22 PM
Substitute never KOs the user. If the user's HP is low enough so that using Substitute would faint it, the move fails.
...so, basically, Shedinja can now learn a move it can't ever use? Terrific.

Scythemantis
27th February 2004, 10:45 AM
How sad...I forget what substitute's PP is, but if this had worked and its PP was very low (say 5) it would have been pretty fair.

Can shedinja learn ANYTHING new that gives it an edge?

Mewtwo and Eagle
27th February 2004, 11:13 AM
So YOUR a Shedinja lover too scythemantis? Heh...I do think Nintendo was a tad harsh on Shedy.....I mean 1 HP? I think that Shedinja should get a maximum of 101 HP (so he can't be KOd by night shade in 1 hit) and to protect him against status ailments, so that he doesn't kill himself, or get burned/poisoned/cursed/leech seed to death in one hit! I mean, I would even be happy if you could apply EVs to Shedinja just to get his HP to 64, that would make me super happy! If only he could learn safe guard.....then he'd be near unstobable with THIS moveset

Shedinja (lax incense/bright powder*whichever is better* or focus band)
Shadow Ball
Swords Dance
Safe Guard
Double Team

basically just use double team 6x, safe guard 1x, then swords dance 1-3x, then start sweepin', the only thing that would give him ANY problems with that is normal types, b/c ghost can't hit
normal......

edit: my shedinja has a HUGE advantage over my fried though, b/c you see, he has this mindset "well Alakazam is psychic, soooo.....I'll teach it confusion psybeam, psychic, and recover!" he hardly (if ever) used TMs! So....his team is mostly comprised of non-effective move types against Shedy, the only way he can kill my Shedinja is with his Rayquazza....and that I can easily kill with my Latios/Kyogre.......he needs MAJOR help in the battle department.........

Don't Run With Scizors
27th February 2004, 01:07 PM
You can still Baton Pass a Substitute to Shedinja. Works great at giving you free turns to work with (and grants Shedinja status immunity). Just make sure they don't have Spikes, though.

Scythemantis
27th February 2004, 01:30 PM
Shedinja's my second favorite pokemon of all time next to gloom.

Cursed with two weak favorites.

It should have had immunity to status effects. BPing a substitute sounds like a good idea though, esspecially if the passer has pretty high HP.

Green_Pikachu
27th February 2004, 03:09 PM
lol, you can't use substitute on shedinja. you're crazy. it has 1 hp. therefore substitute will always fail.

Cheesey
27th February 2004, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Poryhedron
Substitute never KOs the user. If the user's HP is low enough so that using Substitute would faint it, the move fails.
...so, basically, Shedinja can now learn a move it can't ever use? Terrific.

ThePariah, GreenPikachu, whatever, surely that's already been mentioned? O_o;

I like Shedinja, but I honestly don't think it's going to be especially useful anytime soon; It has a decent attack, but several other pokemon can fit a spot far better than he can. I used 'im in a team once - Pretty good at times, but sometimes it's just frustrating. What I'm trying to say is that he doesn't have any particular edge to him, but he can be pretty fun to train. And what DRWS suggested can be an awful lotta fun, hehe.

soggy_cardboard
28th February 2004, 04:13 PM
er...you guys do know only SE attacks hit?!:rolleyes:

I think thats enough.

BP a mean look, or even evasion....
Safeguard also works if hes fast enough.

It should have had immunity to status effects.
Geez, why dont ya give him OOber stats while ya at it....

Mewtwo and Eagle
28th February 2004, 05:28 PM
I do wish it had a base of 100 in attack.....that's about it, maybe speed of 220-250, but that would be pushing it. You know how the NYPC has special events where certain Poke'mon get special moves? Like Snorlax with lovely kiss, and a few others. Maybe they'll have an Endeavor Shedinja! Heh, talk about PWNing ALOT of pokes! Instantly taken down to 1 HP, and can be killed by anything else in one hit! I can almost gurantee that they will most likely NEVER do that, but *shrug* who knows? I personally would like to see a little SOMETHING to up him a tad.