PDA

View Full Version : Evolution News!

DannyBoy
26th February 2004, 06:49 PM
I was over at the serebii main page and updated was Ash's team. Treecko will evolve in the Exploud Grovyle episode. Also, some scientist catches Gulpin in a heavy ball. But yup, Ash finally gets his evolution!

Fett One
26th February 2004, 09:24 PM
This is great news. I can't wait for that episode to air in America.

Pewter City Geodude
26th February 2004, 11:05 PM
There is suspicion that Grovyle might start disobeying Ash when it evolves, so I hear.

stickachu
26th February 2004, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Pewter City Geodude
There is suspicion that Grovyle might start disobeying Ash when it evolves, so I hear.

Oh, that would just be too far I think. It was funny when Charizard disobeyed Ash, but Grovyle would be too much. Plus, I think that Ash has proved himself enough as a trainer by now... though he was a jerk to his Treecko.

I'll be interested to see what really happens.

have a stammer
26th February 2004, 11:33 PM
I was thinking someone would bring up the idea of Grovyle disobeying Ash. Truthfully I see it not happening Treecko really cares about Ash, even with Treeko's tough attitude, Treeko trusts Ash and is loyal to him. But if the writers did it would be the most idiotic thing they have done it leaves a bad taste in mouth just thinking of it. Passing on the lame shtick that charizard had is uninspired and is painfully idiotic in the most annoying kind of way.

But enough of that this really is great news as my fav. of all pokemon is Sceptile, i still have doubts that it will evolve all the way but it is nice as grovyle kicks *** and is the first evolution for Ash in AG.:D

Fossil Kabutops
27th February 2004, 04:07 AM
I don't think the writers will let Grovyle disobey Ash, I mean they did it before so it woudn't be really original. But some people say here that the writes will have Grovyle obey Ash because Treecko cares about Ash, but Charmander also obeyed Ash but when it evolved it didn't so still it's possible..

have a stammer
27th February 2004, 11:01 AM
True charmander was obedient. But to say treecko will change and become disobedient is just a guess. I don't recall but did people say Chikorita would disobey when it evolved into bayleef? Maybe, they did it may sound weird the idea of bayleef disobeying but the idea of Grovyle disobeying is just as weird to me. Im not sure why just because an evolution occurs on Ash's team that means that the personality trait of a former pokemon will reappear.

What's more Ash was inexperienced then and that old woman in that paras ep. said if the trainer is poor the pokemon wont respect them. I would have to say after Kanto and Orange islands and Johto and now pretty far into Hoenn region I think he is experienced enough.

and from the preview it seems it is NOT the evolved form of the loudred that has been attaking team rocket rather one that does not respect it's trainer.

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/pokemon_ag/2_yokoku/img/066.jpg

Craig
27th February 2004, 03:53 PM
Nice sig have a stammer ;)

This is great news, I don't think Grovyle will disobey Ash because well, Charmeleon looks "hot headed" in a slgiht sense that it would want to do stuff by itself , Grovyle has a nicer disposition and I can bet they wouldn't do the entire not listening thing again.

ShockingAlberto
27th February 2004, 06:21 PM
I think Grovyle's personality "quirk" will be that he doesn't fight as seriously as he did when he was a Treecko.

Charmeleon didn't obey Ash.
Bayleef loved Ash too much.

It stands to reason that Grovyle will be Ash's most frustrating Pokemon to train, but he'll also be his most powerful. He'll probably start obeying around Wallace's gym (especially if he loses there first).

-- ShockingAlberto

Pewter City Geodude
28th February 2004, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by ShockingAlberto
I think Grovyle's personality "quirk" will be that he doesn't fight as seriously as he did when he was a Treecko.

Judging by the preview of the Grovyle episode, there is absolutely no basis to back that up. Grovyle looks ready to rip Exploud apart.

The Muffin Man
29th February 2004, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by Pewter City Geodude
Judging by the preview of the Grovyle episode, there is absolutely no basis to back that up. Grovyle looks ready to rip Exploud apart.

Charizard looked ready to tear Aerodactyl apart, too.

Pewter City Geodude
29th February 2004, 11:13 AM
I know that but look at the point that I was counteracting.

Celebii
29th February 2004, 06:17 PM
I don't think that Grovyle will disobey Ash in battle the way Charmeleon/Charizard did, but I do think that Grovyle will be extremely hesitant to retreat from battle, even if he is getting pounded by his opponent. He may even refuse to obey Ash when he tries to call him back and that could be a problem, especially if Ash is participating in a gym battle.

Nevermore
1st March 2004, 02:27 AM
Does anybody know if Grovyle still has its keepsake of the tree to put in its mouth? Or are its twig-sucking days truly over?

I hope Grovyle doesn't disobey Ash, that would seem to fly in the face of Hoenn exploring new territory and throwing up new surprises.

Pewter City Geodude
1st March 2004, 11:59 AM
Yes, Grovyle does still have the twig. It showed it in the preview of the ep.

Nameless
4th March 2004, 07:23 PM
Kimori and Loudred battle; Kimori gives him a big smack with his tail, the two evolve but Exploude goes outta control. Later on they finish the fight.

Grovyle still obeys Ash and on it's way to find the trainer's exploude, picks up another twig it lost in the previous battle. It'll ALWAYS have that twig.

Animelee
4th March 2004, 10:02 PM
Actually, before battling Bakuong (Exploud), it uses Leaf Blade on a branch and cuts another twig off, after he spit out his old twig while he was still a Kimori (Treecko). I think it's because he knew he was going to evolve, and that the giant tree he used to live at is an old chapter of his life, and the new twig represents a new chapter of his life. Very awesome job, writing team!

Anyhow, they updated the ending (Smile), again. Now Juptor sits in the tree, and I forgot to mention that three weeks ago, they added Hasubrero (Lombre) to the scene where Takeshi and Masato are cooking.

They also updated the main screen of the ending, which is attached to this message. :)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Nameless
4th March 2004, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Animelee
Actually, before battling Bakuong (Exploud), it uses Leaf Blade on a branch and cuts another twig off, after he spit out his old twig while he was still a Kimori (Treecko). I think it's because he knew he was going to evolve, and that the giant tree he used to live at is an old chapter of his life, and the new twig represents a new chapter of his life. Very awesome job, writing team!

Anyhow, they updated the ending (Smile), again. Now Juptor sits in the tree, and I forgot to mention that three weeks ago, they added Hasubrero (Lombre) to the scene where Takeshi and Masato are cooking.

They also updated the main screen of the ending, which is attached to this message. :)

Hmmm, but doesn't Kimori spit out his twig before battling? Especially since he knows bullet seed he can't have anything in his mouth. But yeah, I guess it goes either way.

Can't wait till he evolves into a Sceptile; if he evolved into Grovyle through just experience, no reason why he shouldn't for later on of course. Not now. But later.

Animelee
4th March 2004, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Nameless
Hmmm, but doesn't Kimori spit out his twig before battling? Especially since he knows bullet seed he can't have anything in his mouth. But yeah, I guess it goes either way.

Can't wait till he evolves into a Sceptile; if he evolved into Grovyle through just experience, no reason why he shouldn't for later on of course. Not now. But later.

Woops, I forgot he spits it out before battle, LOL. I guess this time, he decided to leave it on the ground; ashes to ashes, dust to dust - a new chapter begins. 8)

I sure hope he evolves, too. Since Advanced Generation is so awesome, I know the writers will do something cool in the following months to make him evolve.

Pewter City Geodude
4th March 2004, 10:52 PM
What I'd really like to see next is for Taillow to have a huge battle where it refuses to back down, like it did before it was caught, and just when it looks like it can't take it anymore, it evolves and wins. Ash's Flying types have traditionally been so underused that it'd be nice to see.

But closer to the topic, I can't wait to see this episode. :D Good thing Grovyle does still obey. :)

Chris 2.1
5th March 2004, 06:30 AM
I think Taillow will evolve very soon, maybe even in Petalburg's Gym Battle. Since it hasn't been shown in the anime (apart from in a flashback), I thionk Slakoth will be in the Gym match.

Anyway, this is about the Evolution of Treecko to Grovyle!

I think it might evolve again just before the league, making it a potential liability to Ash's matches if it suddenly has a lot of strength