PDA

View Full Version : Toonami Is Moved to Saturdays

classy_cat18
26th February 2004, 08:36 PM
You heard me; no more Toonami on weekdays. In it's place will be a block called Mizugi. Basically, it will be aimed at little kids and will have the shows Totally Spies, Teen Titans, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (the newest one, I believe), and another show called Code LYOKO. The new Toonami will be aimed at teenagers and will include Yu Yu Hakusho, Gundum SEED, Dragonball GT, Rave Masters and some CN original series called Megas XLR. It would be from 6 p.m. to 11 p.m. Central Time.

EVme15
26th February 2004, 08:42 PM
In a few sentences...

Good news: Toonami Rising Sun is ba-ack!

Bad news: Weedays Toonami is gonna be kiddified worse, almost all the anime sucked out if it (they were on a role, too.)

Good news: Gundam SEED (I've been wanting to see this) and Rave Masters (I like the manga. Or, what I've read of it ^^; )

Bad news: Dubs. Voice overs. EDITS!!!

More Bad news: Once a week. End point.

So, I see this as a dumb move. They could've added the new animes over the weekdays anyway... Anyone have any idea what this Code LYOKO is?

... what's Mizugi? Is it a real Japanese word, even? Cuz mizu = water, so gi = ??? Is it even split like that? *never took Japanese, wouldn't know, forgive me ^^; *

HavoX
26th February 2004, 09:13 PM
NOOOOOOO

EDIT: You made my screen scroll, you tart.
~L_P

RedStarWarrior
27th February 2004, 12:52 PM
If this is indeed true, then it is the stupidest move by CN, ever. Well, atleast they still have Adult Swim.

Razola
27th February 2004, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by EVme15
Good news: Toonami Rising Sun is ba-ack!
Toonami < Adult Swim

Bad news: Weedays Toonami is gonna be kiddified worse, almost all the anime sucked out if it (they were on a role, too.)
Teen Titans...Totally Spies...the crappy Turtles...yeah I'd say this is going to blow hard.

Good news: Gundam SEED (I've been wanting to see this) and Rave Masters (I like the manga. Or, what I've read of it ^^; )
By scientific law, anything with the name "Rave Masters" cannot be better than crap.

Bad news: Dubs. Voice overs. EDITS!!!
Dubs are awesome. America has infinitely better voice actors than Japan. Period. If Dan Castellaneta did an anime, I would wet myself in some strange, blissful state. I also enjoy looking at the action going on rather than constantly keeping an eye on everyone's feet.

Edits do suck, provided the scene is more than just fluff. Another reason why Adult Swim just blows Toonami away.

More Bad news: Once a week. End point.
Toonami hasn't been that great in some time, and CN knows it. It's just a shame that we're getting "The Utter Crap Block' in its place.

Sheila Rae
27th February 2004, 04:10 PM
mizugi = swimsuit/bathing suit

EVme15
27th February 2004, 07:46 PM
Bathingsuit? :rolleyes: now that's ironic. The one thing they plaster nearly everywhere on Toonami so that the 'innocent little kiddies' (who've probably heard at least 2/3 of all the swears in English by then... I say that because there's probably a few kids just into elementary school) don't 'accidently' see these 'two peach lumps' (without dots, Toonami wouldn't dare take anything with 'the dots' :rolleyes:x2 ) on the upper half of a female.

Oh, lord, what is this world coming to?

Of course, yes, they do keep Adult Swim. I think there'd be a riot if they didn't.

Azura Stardust
27th February 2004, 08:16 PM
1. Raz: Yes, just because you like dubs doesn't mean every single person does. Just let us hate dubs already :( (No, nobody in a black suit is going to come to your house and take you away in the middle of the night for supporting dubs...) I don't know how you can make such a sweeping statement that American voice actors are infinitely better than Japanese ones; do you fully understand how their speech works? I know there are lots of goons out there who randomly shoot down dubs just because they think Japanese ones are better (even though they don't know Japanese) but... oh well.

2. I've watched Rave Masters before and recommend nobody watches it. By the way, it's got nothing to do with raves (urgh).

3. From what I heard it's not Mizugi, it's Miguzi. Interesting if they called a kid's block "Swimsuit" ;)...

I shall continue being pissed off at my cable provider for not airing Animax-Asia which is showing World Masterpiece Theater classics, GetBackers, Wolf's Rain (!!), GITS: SAC (!!), etc...

HavoX
27th February 2004, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Little Pikachu
You made my screen scroll, you tart.

I blame raw (http://www.quake3world.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/001329.html#1) :rolleyes:

Razola
28th February 2004, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by Azura Stardust
1. Raz: Yes, just because you like dubs doesn't mean every single person does.
Just people some people like nazis doesn't mean everyone does. It's my opinion, deal with it.

Just let us hate dubs already :( (No, nobody in a black suit is going to come to your house and take you away in the middle of the night for supporting dubs...)
If you say "I hate dubs!" I'm going to respond with "Dubs rule!" Point/Counterpoint. Don't try to squelch me.

I don't know how you can make such a sweeping statement that American voice actors are infinitely better than Japanese ones; do you fully understand how their speech works?
Because I dare to compare. I do watch the subs of anime I like (FLCL, Naturo [which technically has no dub...yet], etc.) and I find the American/English actors to be superior. Personal preference.

I know there are lots of goons out there who randomly shoot down dubs just because they think Japanese ones are better (even though they don't know Japanese) but... oh well.
With a solid translation and cast, I'll almost always pick a dub over sub. I have desire to learn Japanese, and having to keep an eye on the text takes away from the action. It's distracting.

Unlike the "elitist" dub-haters, I have reason for preferring dubs. I'll watch a sub, though.

2. I've watched Rave Masters before and recommend nobody watches it. By the way, it's got nothing to do with raves (urgh).
Sounded like a poorly-translated title, which means the show won't be up to snuff as well.

Azura Stardust
28th February 2004, 07:45 PM
Not really a bad translation of the title, but more like an almost exact translation: the original title was Groove Adventure Rave.

I shall repeat my warning again, please avoid it... it has lots of fans but I'm just saying this out of personal preference... blah blah...

And yeah, apparently the block IS called Miguzi, NOT Mizugi... so no swimsuits :P What kind of a name is Miguzi in the first place?! It's certainly not Japanese... (closest thing would be Migurushii which means ugly/unsightly. o_O)

The Muffin Man
28th February 2004, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by Raz
Just people some people like nazis doesn't mean everyone does. It's my opinion, deal with it.

If you say "I hate dubs!" I'm going to respond with "Dubs rule!" Point/Counterpoint. Don't try to squelch me.
~Same here. If you(Not Raz, but Azura, etc.) can be so outspoken about being ANTI-dub, why can't people defend dubs? Jeez, you'd think I said Hitler wasn't that bad a guy if I said "I prefer the dub"...

Because I dare to compare. I do watch the subs of anime I like (FLCL, Naturo [which technically has no dub...yet], etc.) and I find the American/English actors to be superior. Personal preference.
~Darting my eyes down to text annoys me. I could very well miss an important part of the show.

With a solid translation and cast, I'll almost always pick a dub over sub. I have desire to learn Japanese, and having to keep an eye on the text takes away from the action. It's distracting.
~I agree, as long as the dub isn't horrible, I'll probably prefer that to the sub.

Unlike the "elitist" dub-haters, I have reason for preferring dubs. I'll watch a sub, though.
~Same here.

Sounded like a poorly-translated title, which means the show won't be up to snuff as well.
~Its' name is "Rave" Masters. It sounds like, literally, Pokemon on XTC...
[/B]

Heald
29th February 2004, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Raz

Dubs are awesome. America has infinitely better voice actors than Japan. Period. If Dan Castellaneta did an anime, I would wet myself in some strange, blissful state. I also enjoy looking at the action going on rather than constantly keeping an eye on everyone's feet.Well, well, well, looks like there is actually someone else who isn't a crybaby animé fanboy wannabe. I hate how there is a big audience of crybabies on this board who pretend they prefer subs or the original Japanese just so they can pretend to be animé fanboys. Dubs rule.

Frankly, about cutting out blood and guns and crap like that from animés, I really couldn't care less. I watch a show for a storyline, not to notice insignificant details like whether people carry guns or not.

In the UK, we have a whole channel devoted to Toonami. The bad news is that our version of Adult Swim, CNX, was cancelled (not exactly cancelled, but Toonami took it over. Which meant cool stuff like Sealab and Cowboy Bebop was thrown out).