PDA

View Full Version : [RBY] A Fun Themed Team

anonym0usie
2nd December 2002, 05:19 AM
Well let's set things straight first. I am not expecting this team to be extremely competitive. RBY is more about fun using your pokes than complex strategies as can be used in GSC, I believe. This is not to say that strategy is not required for RBY.

This team is taken from one of the trainers from Pokemon the First Movie whose name was Corey. I may do a series of teams like this just for the heck of it. Goal of the time- to be fun and somewhat viable and, on certain occasions- win. This is pretty rough too- so please answer whatever questions you can. ^^

Let's start with this. I know about the 5x ice weakness. xPpPp

Venusaur
-Razor Leaf -Sleep Powder -Leech Seed -Body Slam
Well this guy will hopefully be able to sleep the icy menace. =X He's also the ONLY form of special attack on this team. And even that's not greatly varied. :(

Pidgeot
-Fly -Double Team -Rest -Mirror Move
Any replacements for DT? Fly because well... I won't be using it much anyway and when I do it will be just to avoid something I see coming. Mirror Move will hopefully be able to do more...

Scyther
-Swords dance -Hyper Beam -Substitute -?
Question: How much damage does a Swords Danced Hyper Beam off Scyther do and can it knock out any Pokemon? If so, what Pokemon will survive the hit?

Rhydon
-Earthquake -Rock Slide -Substitute -Surf
Surf? Well, besides Venusaur, there's no other way that this team is going to take out a Ground/Rock Pokemon. It's basically a blank space anyway. The other 3 should be self-explanatory.

Sandslash
-Earthquake -Rock Slide -Sand Attack -Swords Dance
Not much to say, really.

Hitmonlee
-Body Slam -Jump Kick -? -?
And this is where I sit back and say "uhh?"

yeah I know the team basically sucks but it's just for fun to see what can be conjured out of this extremely unbalanced team. :D Probability of its usage? Virtually nil. Still- it's something to do, no?

Madelyn151
2nd December 2002, 06:46 PM
funnest rby theme teams : teams based on the pokerap. ^_^;

venusaur : maybe swords dance over leech seed. it's a preferred option.

pidgeot : oh i hate mirror move. what are you going to do, mirror move a ground type's rock slide? not going to do much. mirror move a water's ice beam? nope. you might do some damage, however, if you mirror move'd, say, a starmie's thunderbolt, you might do damage (pidgeot's special isn't THAT bad, 238...)... meh, i just don't like mirror move. but you might as well keep it. it's not like pidgeot gets anything better... maybe sky attack/substitute/double-edge/mirror move or rest?? too bad pidgeot doesn't get drill peck. pidgeot is so freaking cool.

scyther : fully swords danced hyper beam does, um, well, a lot of damage. onix could probably survive it, though. =P not like you're going to see onixes, except in uu... still, it shouldn't be your only option. not like scyther gets many. double-edge in the last spot, maybe (note : double-edge swords dance? OW OW OW)?

rhydon : yup

slash : ...he could take out a rock/grounder, couldn't he? and no, the set needs no explanation. sand-attack r0x s0x. ^_^

hitmonlee : if for stadium, focus energy/hi jump kick/body slam/...meditate? maybe substitute.

Myth
9th December 2002, 12:20 AM
Venusaur
MegaDrain
Growth
DoubleEdge
SleepPowder

or

SwordsDance
RazorLeaf
SwordsDance
BodySlam

...Leech seed is better is GSC.

Pidgeot
MirrorMove
Substitute
DoubleEdge
DoubleTeam

If anyone complains about the double team, say that this dood is underused -_________-. He won't survive a rest. Fly---You flew up high, opponent switched to rhydon, you used fly, rhydon used rock slide-You almost dead.

Scyther
SwordsDance
DoubleEdge
WingAttack
FocusEnergy

I think... or maybe HyperBeam/Substitute/SwordsDance/WingAttack.

Rhydon
Substitute
Rest/BodySlam
RockSlide
Earthquake

Standard. Mine has rest. Surf is not kewl off his special.

Sandslash
SwordsDance
Earthquake
RockSlide/Slash
Substitute/SandAttack

Hitmonlee
Meditate
Hi Jump Kick
BodySlam
SeismicToss

hi jump kick > meditate.

WOOOT. -_- Blizzard is one of the most used moves in rby battling.

sulcataixlude
18th December 2002, 01:16 AM
Alrighty let's see here..

Your venusaur is fine, but if you give him toxic instead of sleep powder you can drain lots of foe's energy with the toxic/leech seed combo, but the only bad thing about it is that your foe may switch...Oh well it has been useful for me, but your venusaur can work or you can give him mega drain instead of razor leaf if you need the healing.

Your pidgeot is alright, and too bad wing attack kinda sucks in r/b/y... Mirror move can be useful if your foe uses swords dance, and other stat boosting attacks thus giving pidgeot a edge. (Plus if the foe uses recover you can use it too. Nifty eh?)

If scyther can learn reflect then use that for the last slot, and perhaps you should give him double edge or body slam if you can to replace hyper beam. Or maybe wing attack if you use swords dance a lot.

Rhydon is always a fun poke to use, but if you can get rid of surf (if you have g.s.c), and give him horn drill (if you like to gamble) or double edge. Yet yours can work, or maybe thunderbolt could be useful.

Sandslash is fine

A good hitmonlee set is..

Body Slam
Hi Jump Kick
Double Team
Meditate

just in case your wondering, and have a nice day!