PDA

View Full Version : Fanfiction Thought: The Circle of Life!

mr_pikachu
26th February 2004, 10:39 PM
Does it ever seem to you that Fanfic has next to no fics running? That nothing new is being made, and that the ones that are still producing chapters are doing so at a snail's pace? And then, within the timespan of a few weeks, Fanfiction is filled with new fics! In the time it takes to sleep, Page 1 of the FF forum completely shifts, and everything is new! Does it ever feel like a cycle, that will never end, but will keep on leaving us mystified and frustrated? Your thoughts, please, on the Fanfiction "Circle of Life"!

classy_cat18
26th February 2004, 10:44 PM
It's sad, but you're right. I blame it all on school!

mr_pikachu
26th February 2004, 10:59 PM
True. It does seem to fluctuate depending on the time of year, especially increasing during holiday periods (summer and winter vacations). But it's weird... lately there've been a whole lot more fanfics, and I don't think ANYONE is on holidays! Kinda odd, don't you think? :confused:

mistysakura
26th February 2004, 11:58 PM
Yeah, the holidays are true. But some random days there are just heaps of chapters... for instance, the day before, I had 6 things on my "To Read" list. (No, I'm not paranoid, the list is in my head...) And I'm still trying to get through them. Luckily, "swamp" days aren't usually consecutive, and so I get a bit of time to cacch up. It works quite well, actually.

Mewfour
27th February 2004, 10:00 PM
Funny, that. I've actually been planning a new fic, but you know me, I've already got millions on the go. So instead of having a million and one one the go, I'm just gonna' finish up a few of my others before infecting TPM with it....

PancaKe
2nd March 2004, 12:09 AM
I've noticed that. Its' very true. I guess it has something to do also with inspiration - but tho *shrugs* i never get that anymore.

~Mist

Mewfour
3rd March 2004, 12:20 PM
Sometimes, I'm afraid that I maight actually make my fanbase angry at me when I update a fic. Take my own fic, RotRMs. With all 81 RM's in ther beating each other to death, I'm bound to eventally kill off someone's favorite. Sooner or later, I fear that RotRMs is going to wind up pissing off everyone who's ever read it....