PDA

View Full Version : [p] your thoughts on pcg currently o_o;

Sanitation Center
27th February 2004, 06:41 PM
Considering there's a subforum, I've looked back and saw nothing posted about it. So..

[1] Do you like the AC/CC stuff seperated from the P C and G?

[2] Do you think this has had some impact on moderator activity in the main part of the forum?

[3] Would you rather something new added to PCG? (Can be a rule improvement, or anything)

o.o

[1] It's okay, I was for it. I know I don't have to go into PCG seeking through all the cluttery AC/CC stuff xD

[2] Definitely. Moderators need to dedicate equal time to both parts of PCG, and right now, all three of them barely make two posts a week in the main part, and about 25+ in the subforum (I just looked at Wolfsong, I don't even think TML and Danny post much anyway). I think that's very poor moderation.

[3] Cheesey get remodded (I didn't even know he was modded o_O;)

The_Missing_Link
27th February 2004, 06:48 PM
1) Yes, it keeps everything sorted out and it's nice that it's separated away

2) Just because we post more in AC/CC doesn't mean we don't look at posts in the main forum. I mean, we wouldn't be mods if we just stuck to AC/CC. I look in and I post around a bit but games and clubs aren't really my thing so I don't post there, just look

3) Another mod would be nice but Suzie hasn't acted on that yet

Little_Pikachu
27th February 2004, 07:04 PM
It's definatly made the main forum a bit tidier, and all the AC/CC people seem to like it, so as long as everyone else is happy, I'm happy.

[2] Do you think this has had some impact on moderator activity in the main part of the forum?
Sadly, yes I do, which is why I'm looking for a new PCG mod who is more involved with the polls, clubs and games than the AC/CC since all the current mods are heavily involved in the matters of the sub forum. We did have Cheesey, but that didn't quite work out for reasons I hope he understands. (Currently accepting PCG mod applications, PM me).

[3] Would you rather something new added to PCG? (Can be a rule improvement, or anything)
A new mod would be nice. Other than that, I'd like to settle a rule about the games like "Describe the person above you" and such, we need a rule against campers who just sit there and wait for anyone to post then instantly reply to it *COUGH*Zak*COUGH* so all we get is 90% of the descriptions not by them being about them. It gets kinda annoying, I don't really wanna go describing someone who's been done 20 times already, it just ruins the fun

AntiAsh Superstar
27th February 2004, 07:34 PM
1. Yeah, it's so much easier to locate things relating to the adoptees, it helps reduce clutter and all the topics no longer really get in each other's way.

2. No, not particularly, the mods will still make the same amount of posts in the non AC/CC topics as they used to as far as I'm aware, having the subforum doesn't really change anything. All it may do is show up the fact that the mods ARE heavily involved with the adoptees and captured pokémon, doesn't mean they're any less capable at their jobs tho since they were all doing that anyway, it just wasn't as noticable before!

3. Maybe a little leniency on the poll tag thing, I've seen many a really good poll get close just through not being labelled correctly (and let's be honest, in a forum called Polls, Clubs and Games if something's not a club or a game what do people expect a topic to be? A ring-tailed lemur?) I guess it isn't much of a problem lately, but it used to be. At least give posters a chance to have their poll reopened if they can be bothered to go back and edit a poll tag in after the topic's closure...

cd
27th February 2004, 07:35 PM
1. the sub-forum was a great idea. especially for those of us who do not care about the adoption center thing.

2. eh. i don't think moderators have to post a lot to be considered active in their forum. just as long as they are actively browsing i think that's fair enough.

3. n.

Lady Vulpix
27th February 2004, 07:54 PM
1. I think it's working neatly.
2. Well, the posts that went to those topics when they were on the main forum now go to the subforum. If you want to see that as a fall in activity, so be it. But I think mods are just as active in all the topics as ever.
3. It would be nice if people who don't like the way things are being handled offered some suggestions instead of flaming. (Do not feel offended if this isn't your case, I'm talking about some people, not all). And maybe we could have some ring-tailed lemurs around. http://www.geocities.com/gsteren/Faces/wink2.txt

Aipom Of Doom
27th February 2004, 08:26 PM
[1] yeah, it reduces clutter and stuff :o.

[2] I dunno... I try to post in nearly all of the polls in the main forum as well as stuff in the AC/CC forum. I don't usually post in the one-liner games though... but anyway I've been inactive these past few weeks because I've been really busy. Anyway I'll be more active now that I'm not going to Robotics club for three hours a night ;/.

[3] Err... Another mod that is more into the main forum stuff... Appropriate cantidates that we've come up with so far include Cheesey, Cheesey, and possibly Cheesey =/. Err yeah, maybe we can employ a ring-tailed lemur to be active with the main forum more :O.

shazza
27th February 2004, 08:55 PM
-Yep, excellent idea if I do say so myself. It has made PCG more tider, and much more organised.

-Yep, sorry to say. I am not saying they do a bad job, quite the opposite, they are excellent mods. ButI am just saying that sometimes they are more involved in AC/CC then PCG, which is the main purprose. (I am not saying they aren't involved in PCG, they still are)

-Right now, I want something done with the games and the posts. I believe posting after each other is considered spam, and they should post after four other people have posted.

homeofmew
27th February 2004, 09:21 PM
Yeah, it is much easier to find things.
It is good.
Yeah, a lot of the mods/former mods work there, they all did ao a good job anyway.
A new mod would be nice *caugh* I have been up for PCG mod 2 or 3 other times :o but never got it, I been up for MISC once, and Suzie once asked me if I wanted ASB, but I said no.
New rule: cannot state where Zak lives.

Pichu
27th February 2004, 09:38 PM
- yes, I don't have to flip through pages to find the CCCC or Expedia thread. xD

- Meh, I don't know.. don't ask. o_o;

[3] Would you rather something new added to PCG? (Can be a rule improvement, or anything)'
- ever since Gabi became super mod, she isn't moderating anything now. I like to see her name up there again. :3

kainashi
27th February 2004, 10:02 PM
[1] yes.
[2] *shrug*
[3] seems fine the way it is.

Red Angel
27th February 2004, 10:11 PM

Yeah... it's nice, and topics stay near the top longer, so they get more posts.

Er... sorta. But with supermods and the number of non-mods who will mention if someone's doing something wrong, it's probably fine.

Nah... probably good as is. Although maybe clubs can have their own subforum too?

Linux
27th February 2004, 11:54 PM

Yes I like :)

Yeah. You can post in the subforum but now you must dedicate equal time to both parts now you have two pieces of PCG to look after. hopefully a new moderator will fix the problem *coughcheeseycough*

Demodding cheesey for [insert reason I can't state here] was a wrong move. You could have allowed him to talk it out with him and allowed him to fix the problem by altering his pw.. but I really do wish for him to be remodded.

Kirei
28th February 2004, 04:04 AM
1. Yes, it makes things look a lot neater and it's easier to find the topics about adopting pokemon and things!

2. I don't think so, I don't really notice anything like that, but then I am not that observant!

3. I agree with Adepup, they should be more lenient about poll tags, it isn't like there are that many polls. Sometimes I used to see a good poll get going with quite a few replies and then a mod comes and closes it, and other times if mods have accidentally not put a poll tag when we move them they still get closed, and that is the misc or wherever mod's fault, not the poster's as much (even though it's in the wrong place) so I think in that case the PCG mod should just put the tag on, or allow the poster to add it and then reopen, or something. It just seems a shame. And I agree with Suzie as well. Zak - do you get off on people describing you or something? :P

Cheesey
28th February 2004, 07:55 AM
Yeah, I do. Before that everything was really cluttered, and it made things really difficult sometimes. Now it makes it easier to keep up with everything, so... I think it's much better now.

Yep. I can't say that Amy and Danny are what I'd call active in the main part of PCG, but I know that Gabi is. I think that Becca browses the main part more often than Amy and Danny too... But I'm not sure. It certainly has made some sort of impact anyway and you can see where each person is active.

I think it's good the way it is... I don't know about any new rules and stuff, but I agree with Soo and Ade, the poll rule could be made a little more lenient.

RedStarWarrior
28th February 2004, 04:27 PM
Yes, I rather enjoy it. In my opinion, PCG is still cluttered, but less than before.

A couple of the moderators are probably less active in the main forum then they were before, but no worries.

[3] Would you rather something new added to PCG?
Your wording seems incorrect. Anyway, I would like Polls to have a seperate forum. Currently, I have to navigate through the games and clubs to find the polls. I think having a seperate subforum for polls or perhaps one for games a clubs would further enhance one's ability to find what they are looking for.

Silver Ledian
29th February 2004, 12:07 PM
I think it makes the forum look a lot tidier and organised. It also makes it easier for he AC/CCers to find their threads and the other PCGers to find theirs. It was a good idea and I think it's working :)

Clearly. I'm sure that even when the AC/CC stuff was in the main forum that the mods posted in there more because they liked that network of topics best, so nothing has really changed with the exception of the location of these threads. It's clear that they're not as active in the main forum but they still do their job by making sure the place is in order and they do reply to polls and stuff. :)

Clearly an increase in activity is what everyone wants but you can't change people's interest in particular forums on the boards, or indeed their opinions. Many still count PCG as TPM's spamhole and I don't agree with that. The forum has greatly improved from that aspect. So activitiy increase would be great, although I'm happy to say that atm the forum is more active than it was late last year, in terms of polls :)

Overall, PCG is going pretty fine IMO, some improvements would be great

Angel Blossom
29th February 2004, 01:02 PM
Although I haven't been posting here at TPM for a while, I think that keeping the AC/CC stuff seperated from the rest makes things easier for all of us. Back when I used to participate in the AC/CC a lot, I remember that it wasn't that easy to look for topics through the whole forum. So, yes, I do like it. ^^

Of course, lol. Those moderators who take part in AC/CC activities may (or may not) post there more frequently than in the main part of the forum. That isn't a bad thing lol, but it does effect the activity here.

Well.. you can't really add this, but it would be nice if we had more polls posted here. I did notice that we're getting more polls than we did during the summer, so that is improving a bit. ^^ Besides what I said (which is irrelevant), I think that PCG is doing just fine. However, I do agree with Soo & Ade..

Moonlight Espeon
29th February 2004, 02:16 PM

Yeah. I like that idea. I backed it in ummmm actually :3

Yeah. They catch rule-breakers much more easily now. It's a lot easier to sort out stuff too, find what needs to be closed, etc.

Yes. A new moderator.
And maybe some other consideration as to who should be the new moderator?
I highly recommend Cheesey but there are other people out there too who may fit the job (and I'm not talking about myself, I'd suck at modding a forum)

Royal_Goddess_Tina
2nd March 2004, 08:39 AM
1. No, I don't...
2. Not in my opinion...
3. I think we need another mod who is actually here a lot and posts more...

Jay
2nd March 2004, 10:34 AM
1 » Yeah, makes it look much more organized and tidy.
2 » They were just as active as they were when they weren't split, but it seems to have emerged a problem that none of them really look out for the posts in the main part. So yeah, I wouldn't say it impacted the activity of the mods, but I think someone needs to look out over here.
3 » Cheesey being remodded. I agree. :(

Wolfsong
2nd March 2004, 06:35 PM

It certainly makes things more organized. I also liek that it tends to make things easier to find.

I admit i havent' been as active in the main forum as i should have been, but then i wasn't active much anywhere except for the ac/cc for a time. I posted in asb and occasionally the other forums mainly to keep forom being dq'ed etc in asb. That was mainly because of schoolwork. Also why i have a lot of posts in the subform, is that i work in both ac and cc. I also run a club. Latley I have been tryingto be more active in the main part of pcg, though there are some polls that i fell that i'm unable to answer, so on those i don't. But rest assured, i'm defiinatley trying to become more active in the main topic.

Possibly one of the mods that we have suggested.