PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Great great great great great great....

Zak
27th February 2004, 11:35 PM
Right, I'm posting a poll.

How far back have you or someone been able to trace your family?

As for me, I don't know my tree personally, but my grandfather has been working on this project for several years, and claims he managed to trace back to King David. And I know that sounds a little far-fetched, but as long as I've known him, he's a pretty serious man, and not the type that says nonsense out of senile to fool children or whatever, so I believe him.

Anyways... what about the rest of ya?

~Zak

stickachu
27th February 2004, 11:58 PM
I can't trace far back at all... I think just past my great-great grandfather. Sad, aint it? I mean, there's not even any proof that my great grandmother ever existed (besides, you know, me being alive)

And I heard something that may be interesting. This doctor (I can't recall who) said that, due to living conditions a long time ago, and class seperation, the majority of people with Anglo-Saxon bloodlines have royal heritage. Simply put, most of the lowerclasses couldn't raise children that would survive long enough to raise children of their own. The low class bloodlines just kind of.. died out.

But that's only a theory.

Linux
28th February 2004, 12:21 AM
My family dont care about that stuff lol I guess they're too lazy and don't want to track something like that all the way back -_-;

I think it would be interesting though. Just need to find someone who has that kind of time to do it.

shazza
28th February 2004, 01:19 AM
As far as I know it is our Great-great grandparents from my Dad's side. Hmmm, after remembering something, my mother said that my mothers side were related to a president of the United States, in some shape or form. I can't remember who though.

Edit: I just asked my Dad, and my Mother's Mother (my Grandmothers) maiden name was McKinley, and we were related to President McKinley in some way.

Edit 2: Well, after some talk with my cousin on MSN, it seems it was my Grandmother on my mothers side, great great Grandfathers brother in law or something. So he was my great great great great uncle (in law?)

:wave:

en0miz
29th February 2004, 10:31 AM
Well, on my dad's side the earliest relatives/ancestors that I know of were slaves in Jamaica. On my mom's side, my grandmother tells me that my relatives/ancestors were slaves in Georgia.

That's about it. o_o

kainashi
29th February 2004, 10:33 AM
so far, i've only traced my family back to the 1500's. i'll try and research a lot more one of these days.

Silver Ledian
29th February 2004, 11:22 AM
It sounds special when you're related to a significant figure in history but I'm sure that we all are in some way. It gets all confusing when you trace back family trees so I'm sure that the majority of relations that we have to famous ancestors are like 'Mother Theresa was my 24th cousin, 9 times removed' etc.

It interests me to see who I am a decendent of but it's really at the top of my agenda. It would be a great thing to search for but I wouldn't know how to go about it for a start, and I just never really have time. Just by my surname, I can say that it's quite possible that I'm a decendent of one of the most significant Irish figures of the 1500's and 1600's, Hugh O'Neill.

Anyways.... ^^;

RedStarWarrior
1st March 2004, 01:04 PM
I am part Guatamalan, Cherokee, Irish/Scottish, and English. I can only easily trace back my European roots and even then it isn't easy. I have successfully traced my family back to England where it was wealthy and part of the nobility. Still working on before that. I guess I could try my Cherokee roots, but the Guatamalan ones are hopeless.

Little_Pikachu
1st March 2004, 07:56 PM
I'm not sure how far back it goes, but I know that a lady somewhere on my moms side was trialed as a witch at some stage, so that's gotta be going on a few years.

Royal_Goddess_Tina
2nd March 2004, 08:49 AM

- I don't know because I have never took the time to ask anyone or to research it myself... I think I will try someday though...

homeofmew
2nd March 2004, 08:26 PM
;o no where.
I am adopted therefore I know nothing about my Parents even.
I was born In Seoul, South Korea(The good side). August 9th 1985 their time that's it ya.

kurai
4th April 2004, 12:54 PM
I believe my mother's family is traced back 15 or 16 generations, to the Mayflower itself. My father's side only goes back like.. 2 generations though, so I imagine no one ever bothered to make the effort there.