PDA

View Full Version : The AniVerse

VirtualPlay
12th January 2003, 04:20 PM
The Story

A group of kids; normal kids. Most are friends with each other, a few are not. You're one of them, and currently, you're spending a day in the park.

Unfortunately, your life is about to get as abnormal as you could think.

Without any kind of warning, the ground drops out beneath you. You fall, forever it seems, down a pitch-black hole. Then, as suddenly as you started falling, you lose conciousness.

Groggily, you wake up feeling fine. That is, until you open your eyes and look around. Everywhere you turn, everything looks like it was drawn Animé-style. Trees, water, even you and other people. You have entered "The AniVerse."

But the strangeness doesn't stop there. You soon find out that you now live on the same street as everyone else who was dropped here. You also find out that you have a different family and different stuff too.

All of you must figure out some way to get back to the other world, because like in most Animé, there's some evil guy who wants to take over the world. And he's got a plan.

~-~-~-~

My Sign-up:
~Name: Mike Rampart
~Age: 17
~Gender: Male
~Personality: is extremely understanding, friendly, and nice; isn't one to speak his mind; isn't much of a leader, but would gladly give his ideas if they're needed.
~Relationship: none…well, nobody's signed up yet!
~Looks: tallish, 5'11", brown, short spikey hair, deep green eyes; wears baggy jeans, a printed T-shirt, and a black cap.
~Other: is a computer geek :P

----------

Mike
~~~~~~~~
Ah, nice end-of-summer day. (OOC: the time of year will be important later on…) A breeze blew through the tree I was sitting under. A lot of families were out here in the park. Even some other kids I recognized were out here. Yes, it was a nice day. A perfect day to…

…whip out my iBook and play StarCraft on Battle.net.

Okay, okay, I'll admit it: I'm a gaming freak. Anything having to do with computers or video games catches my interest. At least with my laptop and wireless internet I can enjoy the outdoors as well as satisfying my gaming needs.

I logged on and found an interesting battle within a couple minutes. Pretty soon, I was the cause of mass destruction to opposing Zerg and Terran forces. A raging battle ensued on the mysterious plains of the Dark Templar homeworld of Shakuras. My Protoss fleet went on to…

Eh-heh…got a little off-track there. Anyway, after I had finished that game, I got up and stretched, planning to look for something else to do. I took one step…

…but my second one never landed. It felt like I had stepped in one of those "portable holes" that you sometimes saw on cartoons. It appeared out of nowhere, and I was falling down and down and down…and as I fell I gripped onto my iBook so I wouldn't lose it.

Then my mind went blank.

~-~-~-~-~

"Ow…" I moaned as I regained conciousness. Nothing seemed broken, I just felt like one big bruise all over. I squinted my eyes open to see the general shapes of the trees and the bright sun in the sky. I sat up and rubbed my eyes open…

…and had to keep myself from screaming.

The park…it was like someone had drawn, inked, and colored it for an Animé show. I felt the grass and cringed at the extremely smooth texture grass is not supposed to have. A breeze blew by and a wind line moved across the grass, as well as one on the nearby pond.

I took off my cap and rubbed my head, but it didn't feel like hair on top. My "hair" was soft and squishy like the grass. Carefully getting up, I walked over to the pond and looked in. Sure enough, an Animé version of me stared back, the small, but bright green eyes moved just as I moved them. my nose was little more than a triangle sticking out in the middle of my face. My hair was like curved angles protruding from my head.

I looked at my eyes again and saw that they were showing what I felt: confusion, in the greatest terms. I stood up again, and looked at my arms. They looked very smooth, and even felt that way when I ran a hand along them.

"Weird…" was all I could say as I picked up my iBook from the grass.
~~~~~~~~

Ok, start your post either from just before or just after falling in the hole. Try to add some of the more humorous aspects of Animé if you can, like huge eyes, sweatdrops (yeah!), and stuff like that.

Haruko
12th January 2003, 05:17 PM
Name:Izumi Morimoto(Japanese..Yes, I know..)
Personality:Shy, she is yet very caring and mature. Her look make's her look Mature too. She's a Tomboy.
Relationship:None, but she might have one...(winks.. )
Looks:Tall, like 6 foot 5, with Long Brown Hair(she look's like this in real life too..but) with no bangs. Her hair has a mystical feeling to it. She has Baggy White Pants and Long Pink Sleeved tee-shirt.She does't put her hair in anything..no bun.
Other:Love's to cook and to watch anime(Real world, not Aniverse). She's really nice though, but hard to get along with.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Izumi Morimoto
~~~

"Ahh, the wind in my hair"I said. I was then end of summer, and I was in the park. Mind you, I was taking a walk..

The grass was green, and the bird were chirping..I even saw some squirels start to prepare for hibernation, early..

"Ahh!"I heard someone said. He was playing on a I-Book, and probably was playing a game. His Expression was priceless.

I stroked my hair, and the long strads went through my soft, peachy skin.

I then looked back, and the boy disappered, along with his Ibook.
I went over to where he was, and looked around. No trace of him.

I then sensed something as I turned around...

"Ahh!!"
You know about those little holes that apper in Anime?It was one of those..

I felt myself loosing consciencious(sp), just barely gripping onto my Herbology books. One of my cooking things..:)

Then, I went blank..

~~~~
"Ow...My head.."I said. Yes, I thought, I was fine. I brushed the hair out of my face, revealing what seemed to be..

A anime like world?

"Wait..It can't be.."I said. It was the boy from before, looking in what-seemed ot be a drawn lake. His hair looked more softer..

I brushed my hair, it was much more softer too...I walkked to the lake..

My reflection shown me drawn out, with bigger eyes, and more softer hair...

I then saw a sweatdrop on my face, and fell to the softer greener grass....anime-style..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
:)

kalad1
12th January 2003, 05:33 PM
Kalad Galadorian
sex male
Looks:has long black hair (Zechs type of hair) and wears a pocket tee, blue jeans and a black cape
Personalityaranoid, but good hearted, when he is defending a friend, he can be VERY deadly
Crush:too busy being paranoid to have a crush, yet.
Looks(changed): similar, but has bright emerald green eyes instead of blue.
other:none for now

Kalad
___________________________________-
Good, a nice secluded spot where I can be alone, I thought. I walked forward to it and then felt like something was going to happen, unfortunately it was too late. I fell into the inky black hole that had happened to open beneath me, my last thoughts were: Did the government do this?

Then I awoke and saw that everything around me looked as if it were drawn in anime style. "dude, this is strange." I said to myself. I walked toward the lake and noticed that my cape was blown dramatically by the wind. when I got to the lake, I saw my reflection and noticed the differences in my face. "interesting.." I thought aloud. I saw another person looking in the lake who got a large sweat drop and fell down, anime style. I walked over to her and said, "do you have any Idea what's going on?"

Jarreddo
12th January 2003, 06:51 PM
Sign-up form
~Name: Jarod Something-Or-Other
~Age: 15
~Personality: Ignores other people for the most part, tends to try to live in his own little imaginary world. Which, naturally, includes lots and lots of electronic stuff.
~Relationship: Not with anyone in this RPG, but likes to think of himself as "taken".
~Looks: Tall and not exactly the average skinny-as-hell bishounen type. Not a fat-nerdy-kid type either. Just kinda average build, with square-rimmed glasses. Generally wears a t-shirt and jeans. Prides himself on his newfound ability to adjust his glasses and make them all shiny for a second(like most Anime people with glasses can)
~Other: Nothing that I can think of...

-----~=Jarod=~-----

With a slight amount of pressure applied through my thumb, a trio of green blasts shot across the tiny screen and burst harmlessly against the metal hull of my opponent. "I was pressing R, damnit!" I muttered angrily. After a few more seconds of shooting at Nightmare, my vision was suddenly obstructed.

Light! DAMN the sun! I glanced up, shielding my eyes with one hand. My mom had forced me to go outside... So here I was, sitting in the grass with my GBA. Metroid Fusion was far too addictive to leave at home. I flipped up my screen cover to shield the sun from the highly reflective LCD.

After a few more minutes of trying(unsuccessfully) to defeat the aggravating boss, I felt a strange falling motion. "Wierd, UT is the only game that ever gave me motion sickness," I muttered without stopping my frantic button pressing.

It seemed a bit darker now. Had it gotten cloudy? Oh well, I was winning for once!

Then, my GBA disappeared.

"NOOOOOOOO!!!"

...Then it returned, with the sun. Still the same. Nothing wrong any more. I kept battling for a while, ending up losing.

After a while, though, I got to frustrated to do well. I turned it off and looked around for a moment, trying once again to find out what anyone thought was so great about this place.

...Whoa, that was wierd. Everything seemed flat, but also bright. Like a cartoon. Or an anime.

I had to feel the grass to find out if this was real... I looked down at my hand and blinked.

Just an outline. Bright skin, too. I turned it over slowly, but the outline just moved to stay on the edge. Wierd.

Then I looked at the other people around. Most of them were wandering around, looking as surprised as I might have been.

I eventually found a mirror and looked in it. Damn, my hair wasn't all spiky. Oh well, it was shiny.

I noticed my glasses had slipped down my nose a bit, so I pushed them up with one finger. All of a sudden, I was blinded by light reflecting off the lenses.

There was only one word to describe whatever had happened...

"SWEET!"

OOC: Sorry. Ehehe... I was WONDERING why everybody was copying the setting in the first post. ^_^;;

EVme15
12th January 2003, 07:33 PM
Name: Kayla
Personality: Happy, hyper, funny, can be depressing or really sarcastic.
Relationship: Anyone? *hears cricket*
Looks: Purple hair! (I've always wanted to say that!) It's pulled behind her in a bun that sticks out a foot in little clumps in almost every direction imaginable. Red eyes. (I love anime RPGs...) Not 100% skinny, but kind of slim. 6'4. White t-shirt. Jeans.
Other: Hyper very! WHEEEEEEEE!!!

And for all you people who read down this far w/o replying: Here is the sign-up topic. (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8227&perpage=15&pagenumber=1)
~|~|~|~|~
Kayla

Ah, such a nice day! I stolled across the park, and sat down under the nearby tree. What a perfect setting. Serene, calm, quiet... I whipped out my GBA and began playing.
Suddenly, the entire area went dark. My GBA shut off. I had almost won! In a matter of seconds, though, everything came back. Except my GBA. My surroundings were different, somehow. I looked around. Yeah, there's definetly something weird here...
I lifted up my hand to block the sun, which had now been shining on my eyes. It had an outline. Like I was a drawing or something. Cool.
I saw a lake nearby. I went over to it and peered in. A strange figure stared back at me. My bun was purple, for one, and it stuck out in every direction. I tried to smooth it down, but it refused to stick. "Ah, well. I like it this way anyway," I thought aloud.
My eyes had changed from brown to red, another reason this wasn't the reality I was used to.
"COOL! I'M AN ANIME CHARACTER!" I shouted, finally noticing the familiar style I was "drawn" in. I had no idea what was going on, but this could be fun...

Arnen
12th January 2003, 07:59 PM
OoC: Teehee my dad doesn't like Animé, he thinks there's too much yelling :D

~Name: Taden
~Age: 14
~Gender: M
~Personality: He likes to pretend he's evil o.O He's a bit of a loner, actually a lot of a loner, and he has a large vocabulary. He's good at holding his tongue, but can throw daggers with it if need be.
~Relationship: Has a crush on Izumi, but if anyone finds out he'll kill 'em ;)
~Looks: About 5'4", very pale blue eyes, hair is silver and looks a lot like Viceous's (from Cowboy Bebop). Wears a grey shirt and black pants.
~Other: Uh... Nothing?

~^*Taden*^~

I wandered through park. I didn't know why; I usually wouldn't have even thought of it. I saw a boy playing an iBook. Without warning, he vanished. I stopped walking, staring dumbfounded at the point he had just been. Shaking my head (I must've been seeing things) I continued walking. Suddenly, the ground seemed to fall away beneath me as I was pitched into inky black nothingness...

I woke up, lying on something very green and very soft. I raised my head, brushng a lock of silver hair from my eyes. Wait... My hair wasn't silver... And it looked like I had used way to much gell this morning... And wasn't that soft green stuff grass? Weird... I saw a few kids my age nearby, and with a jolt realized they looked... Drawn somehow, like an Animé show... I saw a lake, solid-looking and blue, that a few were looking into. I crawled over and ppered at my reflection. Yep, I looked Animé too.

"Well ****..." I said softly.

Mew2-formally known as Evee67-
12th January 2003, 11:51 PM
name:Ken Connolly

personality: uh kind of a loner type really shy

crush:uh...none

Look: Blonde Hair, Brown Eyes waers jeans and t-shirts all the time

other:......

-----------------------Ken--------------------------------------------------------

In was just another day of playing basketball at the park as as usual there was a whole lot of people there thats what bothers me.

After a couple more hours of basket ball i got tired and decided to go home.

i was walking when the ground starting turning black......

I woke up, Every thing looked wierd everything looked drawn out and cartoony. I looked at my hands and realised i was a cartoon!

"where the heck am I?........

VirtualPlay
13th January 2003, 10:25 AM
Hey, now…you can't just suddenly barge into someone's RPG unless he or she specifically said "everyone is automatically accepted." I have a right secured in the RPG rules to reject anyone I don't want in my RPG. So please get out of my RPG, Mew2…

Also, this goes for everyone in this RPG: if you don't post detailed posts that do much more than tell what you do, I'm going to eject you and the rest of us will find some way to deal with the loss of your character. Now for most of you, this isn't a problem…just a pre-warning.

And Jareddo: in case you missed the line in the plot the first time around, let me restate it here:

"…and currently you're spending a day in the park."

Please redo your post…it's critical to the plot that you end up in the Animé park…

Anjana's Halo
13th January 2003, 11:00 AM
~Name: River Troika (her real first name is Samantha, but don't ever call her that)
~Age: 17
~Gender: F
~Personality: Eccentric and outgoing, she's usually happy but can get quite gruff.
~Relationship: She has a tiny seed of a crush for Mike.
~Looks: Long blue hair tied into two buns on the top of her head with a long braid dangling from each. Wears a with tank top under a red hawaiian shirt with khaki shorts and sandels.
~Other: Enjoys rule #43 on Anime Laws List.

River
Blood rushed to my head as I opened my eyes. There was something odd about the landscape, but I couldn't place it. I glanced downward, um, upward, since I seemed to have ended up hanging upside-down in a tree. How the heck did that happen?

I grabbed the branch, which seemed awfully smooth for bark, and swung myself onto the ground. Once again on my feet, I closed my eyes and tried to figure out how I had ended up in a tree. I had walked to the park, sat under a tree, and tried to meditate; my doctor said it would help my stress. I was just starting to relax when my stomach seemed to jump, then the blood rushed to my head and I ended up in a tree overlooking a bunch of people who seemed like they came from Sailor Moon or something-

I stopped and opened my eyes. Yes, there was a park, and in it were anime-like people. The trees, the grass, the buildings, they all seemed like they were drawn. I whipped a compact out of...where? I didn't have a purse, and I had no mirrors in my pocket. Forget it. I opened the compact up and looked into the minature mirror. The face staring back wasn't my own. It had blue hair, large blue eyes with huge, multiple highlights, and small nose, and a mouth that was currently gaping in surprise. I shut the compact.

Okay, I thought, either I've entered into an alternate, Anime-styled dimention through a fluke rip in the space-time continuum, or I've gone totally loony finally. In either case, I might as well see if any of the other people at the park had joined me

Lorelei
13th January 2003, 03:57 PM
~Name: Lorelei
~Age: 16
~Gender: Female
~Personality: Loves animals. Kind, caring, nice. Can get bitchy at times, and tends to often get sassy to someone when she gets a grudge against that person. Has an extremely strong streak of obstinacy, courageous, fun-loving. Often jumps to conclusions and has a short temper. Determined, outgoing. She can be a big flirt, but she knows how far she should go. She can sometimes push her luck, and never gives things a chance sometimes.
~Relationship: Um... not yet.
~Looks: Blonde hair to shoulders with various shades of blonde. Blue eyes. Slender, tall, pretty. Athletic, agile. Slightly tanned skin. Wears a silver necklace with a horse on it. She has a small tatoo on her lower back of a yellow star in purple and blue flames. Wears khaki coloured boot-cut flares and a black halter top with gold hoop earrings.
~Other: Um... no.

Lorelei
---------
Can't concentrate.

I slammed shut my book, slipping a slip of rugged paper in to mark my place. I leaned against a tree branch, high up in the tree, black pressed casually to the trunk, blancing carefully. My roller blades hung from a small branch a bit to my side poking out of my backpack, my socked feet kicked up with the book propped up on my lap.

Normally, on a nice summer's day, I would be able to contentedly sit up in a tree and read by book, but not today. Something felt weird. I didn't know was it was, but something bugged me.

For a couple minutes, I sat there looking down on dogs and their owners passing by, and above me a bird flitted by normally.

A breeze fluttered past, and I opened my book again.

I read for a bit longer, reading about Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli searching for Pippin and Merry who were kidnapped by the Uruk-hai, and Gandalf and Shadowfax and the city of Edoras in Rohan. Eventually I groped for the slip of paper to bookmark it on my lap, and it wasn't there. Grumbling and looking down, I saw the bookmark down below in the grass.

Not wanting to simply fold the page of The Two Towers over, I held it open as I climbed down. Reaching the lowest branch, I dropped off to the ground.

But it never came.

Matt
13th January 2003, 04:49 PM
~Name: Matt-Chan
~Age: 18
~Personality: A layed back person. He likes to be by hiself and read Mangas. When he does have someone to talk to he doesnt talk much. Sometimes he is mean too. It must be that taurus in him though! He is a good souled person, and everyone should know that.
~Relationship: None, but wishs to have one.
~Looks: A normal anime looking person. He has long black hair that comes down and covers his deep green eyes. He is about 6' and weighs about 110. He has a black shirt and baggy blue jeans.
~Other: Very weird, yes weird.
=============================================

~*Matt*~
=============================================
It was a very warm afternoon. I was walking home from my friend's house. He lived down the road from me, so I didn't have to walk far. When I got to my house, it started to get really hot. I walked inside, and walked to the kitchen.

There I got something to drink. I opened the 'fridge, but my mom walked in.

"Matt what are you doing" she said. "Ummm..." I said.

"Well, What were you doing" She asked. "I was getting something to dring. It is very hot outside" I said.

"Yes it is, so you shouldn't be out there" She said. Under my breath I said, "Moms...." "What did you just say" She asked. "Ummm, Nothing" I said. "Well don't make a mess in the kitchen. I just cleaned it" She said.

"Fine, I won't" I said annoyed. "Don't get that tone with me Mr." She said. "God, will you be quite" I said. "Matthew" She said angerly. "Oops. Sorry Mom" I said sarcasticly. "You better be" She said.

She finally left. "Finally..." I said. I opened the 'fridge and got out the thing of Kool-Aid. I walked to the place where to cups are and got out a cup. Then I walked back to the counter and poured me some Kool-Aid. I drank that quickly. I poured some more. I drank that.

Soon I got sick of the Kool-Aid. I walked back to the 'fridge and put the drink in there. I walked into the living room and jumped on the couch. I grabbed the remote and turned on the tv.

I flipped threw the channels, but nothing was on. There was nothing to do. Then I thought of something. I could go to the park! I ran to the front door and threw it open.

I ran out and ran towards the park. I loved to run all the time, so running in the hot didn't bother me. I came towards the park soon. I saw a lot of people there playing in the hot. There were people flying kites, having picnics and reading. I couldn't believe that there would be that many people.

I saw a nice, shaddy, huge tree in one of the corners of the park. I was going to sit there and read one of my mangas. I started to run that way. One foot, another foot, etc... But then I dropped one foot, but it didnt land. It fell into a hole of some kind. I started to fall into it.

I grabbed onto the side of the ground. Soon the hole was getting bigger. My hand slipped and I fell into the hole. I could see the light from above disappearing, so I knew that it was closing up. I was still falling into the hole. I blacked out after about a minute of the falling.

~*~
I woke up and looked around. It looked like a place from my Manga. It was very weird. I got up and started to observe where I was. It looked like the park. The trees, the grass, the water, everything.

I put my hand down to the grass. It was soft. Like fabric. It was weird. I pushed myself off. I started to walk towards a big pond that was there too.

I looked into the water to see myself. I looked completly different. My eyes. They were big. They were green. Very deep. I had different hair too. I put my hand up to it. It was soft. It wasn't like my hair at home. I kept myself from not screaming.

I looked over my shoulder. I saw my Manga on the ground. I walked over there and picked it up. I started to walk off, to explore this place I landed in...

Haruko
13th January 2003, 05:03 PM
~~~~~~~~~
Izumi
~~~~
"Do you have any Idea what's going on?"Some one said to me..

"Nope"I siad, pulling myself up. I then looked back in the lake, washing my face off of all the dirt. The water felt the same..

"Wait.."I said.."Where is my Herbology books?"I franticly searched all over the place, finally finding them.
"Herbology?"The kid, that I learned had the name of Kalad, said.
"Cooking. It deal's with what herb's and plant's I can use to cook."

I looked all over the place. Some looked familiar, some didn't. One girl had Purple hair, and the kid that I saw before, both picking them self's up, and looking in the lake..

~~~~~~~~~