PDA

View Full Version : The Story of Pokemon Wars: Allies and Foes

Saturos
28th February 2004, 03:51 PM
There is a tale in the Gale Region of a boy named Picard. Picard lives in a small town called Sunset Town. In the Gale Region on the planet PokeGlobe, rival, sinister gangs engage in wars, spanning all over region. The gangs are Gang Blaze, who try to coax other novice Trainers to join their team for world domination. The other team is Gang Mecha, who steal Pokemon from Trainers, including Gang Blaze, for their own evil ways. Both teams are fighting over territory and special gemstones, enabling Pokemon to increase in strength. When the Pokemon hold onto the gemstones, they can become powerful and dangerous. Other effects are that the gemstones aren’t stable, making Pokemon powerful for only a short amount of time, and that the Pokemon turn an alternate color than they originally were. Picard is just a novice Trainer, and doesn’t own any Pokemon except for his father’s Arcanine. The Professor who lives in town, named Prof. Herb, gave Picard a Pokedex for any new allies that joined Picard’s team...

Chapter 1: The Appearance...

Picard is your average 16 year old. His father died when confronting Team Mecha when Picard was 4. The Pokemon that Picard’s father was using was his Arcanine. Now, his Arcanine lives with Picard and his mother.

Picard was outside, chopping firewood with Arcanine during dusk. "Dinner’s ready, Picard!" yelled his mother. "I’m coming mother!" replied Picard. The wind was howling and leaves were whirling in a whirlwind to the rusty orange sky. The leaves suddenly dropped. "That whirlwind wasn’t natural!" Picard said quietly to himself. He felt a felt a shiver run down his spine. Picard quickly spun around and found that a Pokemon was watching him. Arcanine started growling deeply at the shadows…

A foot with claws stepped out from the darkness of the bush. Then a part of a black, crescent moon was sticking out… "Abbbsol!" barked the Pokemon. Picard clicked open his Pokedex. It read: Absol, the Disaster Pokemon. It said that Absol appears only before disaster strikes. Picard has heard that an Absol is a very rare Pokemon that is not commonly found in the Gale Region. Picard is determined to capture it. "Arcanine, go!" "Arrrc!" Absol dug its feet into the ground, then it sprung into action with a Quick Attack. Hitting Arcanine, it reacted with an Extremespeed, and struck Absol with greater power. Absol laid on the ground, panting. "Pokeball, go!!" The Pokeball hit Absol, and opened, absorbing Absol. It hit the ground, and started to shake and flash. The flashing ended; Absol was obtained!

Chapter 2: Operation Rescue.

Picard was excited that he caught his first Pokemon so far. Remember, his family (his mother and himself) owns his father’s Arcanine, so originally, it isn’t Picard’s first Pokemon. Picard ran inside his comfy house and told his mother the news. Picard’s mother, by the way, is named Lyndis, and his father’s name is Will. Lyndis was stoked that Picard actually caught a Pokemon such as Absol. Picard lives in the valleys region of the Gale, where Sunset Town lies. Near the mountainous regions, Absol are scarce, but live freely in small numbers.

"Come out Absol!" said Picard, opening the Pokeball. "My, Picard, this Absol pretty healthy, despite that there is war going on the other side of the mountains. Picard, call Prof. Herb, and see if you can drop by his lab tomorrow morning. Try and see if this Absol is in good health. Or, you can visit our town’s Pokemon Center, and call Prof. Herb there. You know, the Center is only at least 1/5 of a mile from his lab." Stated Lyndis. "You don’t mind if I take Arcanine to accompany on the trip?" asked Picard. "Certainly, you may borrow Arcanine’s leash so you can ride him," replied his mother.

After Picard’s talk with his mother, they ate dinner and fed both Arcanine and Absol. He than slept the night in his room, Picard dreamt what it would be like if his father, Will, was still alive. He tossed and turned in his sleep. He couldn’t get his father out of his mind… It was morning soon. Picard woke up, got dressed, ate breakfast, and said "good-bye" to his mother. Picard checked up on Arcanine and Absol, who were staying in the barn overnight. He got them fed, and groomed them. "Absol, I want you to come with me, so you can get healed at the Pokemon Center." Asked Picard. "Sool!" barked Absol, nodding its head in reply. "Absol, return!" Absol went to its Pokeball.

Picard then got the leashes strapped to Arcanine on its harness. "Okay," Picard said to himself, "it’s just like riding a bicycle. Just calm down, Picard." Breathing deeply, Picard commanded Arcanine to move steadily. "Arcanine, I’m counting on you to take me downtown to the Pokemon Center. I know my mother and I ride you sometimes, but this is my first time riding alone." Arcanine had its eyes on Picard while listening to him and then focused on the road and sped off suddenly. Picard clenched the leash tightly. In a matter of minutes, Picard saw houses and was riding down Sunset Town’s Main Street. He noticed over the first couple of buildings, that there was a blue roof with a gigantic red Pokeball on top.

Picard made it to the Pokemon Center, and went inside, with Arcanine at his side. He walked up to the main desk, ringing the bell, waiting patiently for someone to come. He turned on the Video-Phone and dialed Prof. Herb’s lab’s phone number. The screen flickered, and the picture came on. "Hello, this is Prof. Herb’s Pokemon Lab. This is Prof. Herb speaking," said the professor.

"Hey, Prof. Herb, this is Picard! How are you doing?" answered Picard.

"Oh! Picard, it’s you! I’m fine. How have you been lately? Have you caught your first Pokemon yet?" Herb asked.

"You know that my family has an Arcanine as our Pokemon, right? I was outside getting firewood for the living room, when I felt like I was being watched. I turned around and an Absol appeared before me!" said Picard, confidently.

"AN ABSOL?! That Pokemon is especially hard to find where we live! You’re very lucky to find one. With all the battling going over the other side of the mountains, and all. I bet that Absol came into the valley, looking for food." Prof. Herb said, nodding his head with his eyes closed.

"Uh, yeah, but I caught it!"

"WHAT?! Geeze, that’s great, Picard! What do you plan on doing with it?"

Saturos
28th February 2004, 04:05 PM
Chapter 3: There's Some Bad News?

Picard was riding back down the dirt road, when he noticed his mother standing outside the front porch. Lyndis held her hands over her face, weeping.

"Picard," Lyndis said, breathing slowly, "this is awful. You need to come inside and watch the news on the television!"
Picard and Arcanine followed Lyndis inside to the living room, where the television was on. "...a local citizen was downtown earlier this morning, watching her children digging in the sandbox in the city’s local park. Her child, Mark, had his shovel in the ground when he was playing, and hit something. The woman thought it was a bomb, so she got her children away, and dialed the police office’s phone number. The officers arrived onto the scene, along with the bomb squad. They started digging, and it appeared not to be a bomb at all. In fact, the lady’s children had discovered a very rare type of gemstone. This gemstone is also well-known by many mining companies across the globe. This gemstone is called, "a PokeCrystal". It is coveted by many collectors and Pokemon Trainers, because this gemstone is able to increase strength and defensive capabilities of any Pokemon that holds it. It is also known that the evil organizations over the other side Sunset Mountain Valley, are in a raging war in search of these PokeCrystals."

There was a sudden pause. "The bomb squad also informed us that the PokeCrystals are quite abundant in Sunset Town’s public park. The park will be closed due to excavation. It won’t be long until that this finding will spread throughout the Gale Region. The evil organizations are called Gang Blaze and Gang Mecha. Gang Blaze uses these gemstones to increase the strength capabilities of Pokemon and can enable Pokemon to combine attack commands for unbelievable power. Now, the other evil group, Gang Mecha, use the crystals to increase a Pokemon’s defensive powers and can develop special armor for Pokemon to wear while in battles." ZEEP! Lyndis turned the television off.

"I can’t stand this is happening to our town. Why in the world did this finding have to start up when there is a constant struggle between this Region’s environment? The land is not stable, Picard, and something will have to give way. Otherwise, there will be a massive war that could take place!" She stated.

"Mother," Picard said quietly, "I don’t know what to do... We can only try to prevent this Region’s dispute by confronting these Pokemon Gangs! That way, the war on the other side of the mountains will end, and everyone here will be happy. My father, tried his best when trying to confront this Team Mecha... But he failed! We people can’t give in without a fight!"

Chapter 4: The Resolution Solution!

Damn! If only I knew what to do to save this town from being discovered by these Pokemon Gangs, Picard thought. He slept that night. Picard woke up the next morning, and thought of a solution in order for dealing with these Pokemon Gangs.

"Good morning, Mother!" greeting Lyndis, as any other morning to his mom.

"G’morning, Picard." Replied Lyndis. "So, Picard, how was your sleep last night?"

"Oh, the same as any other sleep. So... What did you cook for breakfast?"

"The usual. Just some rolls, and the morning dosage of ham and Oran Juice."

"Mother, I have something to tell you..."

"What’s the matter, Picard?"

"Well, I’m going to leave this town to go on a journey. And, I thought if I told you what I mean, you will understand... I need to go, and confront the two Pokemon Gangs, Gang Blaze and Gang Mecha."

"Picard, sweetie, are you serious? You don’t know what it’s like outside the Sunset Mountain Valley! What if something bad would happen and no one was around to help you?"

"Mother, don’t worry about it. I’ll be fine. On top of that, I’ll be taking Arcanine and Absol with me. It may be a harsh path I may have to take, but I’m sure that I’ll gain new friends and Pokemon along the way."

"Well," started Lyndis, "I know that you will do fine on your own. I know that you have the courage to do so. Please give Prof. Herb a call. He could help you prepare for your journey. After all, he is like family to us, you know."

"Okay, I’ll do it mother. Thank you for understanding me."

Picard dialed Prof. Herb’s residence. "Picard! It’s you again! What a pleasant surprise!"

"Prof., I’m calling you because I am leaving on a journey."

"Oh, really? Do you need some supplies of some sort? I’ll be happy to give you anything."

"Well, I am going in search of these PokeCrystals. I think you’ve heard about them, since they are mainly found in our Gale Region."

"You’re going in search of those Crystals, eh?" stated the Prof. "It’ll be tough to collect them. Especially since those Pokemon Gangs are after them. Even our town will be in danger, since the recent discovery was found in our own city’s playground! Do you want to come over so that I can get yourself a storage container?"

"Really, Prof.? If it’s okay with you, I hope. I’ll meet you over at your laboratory."

"Well, I’ll watch for you to come over. See you then!"

Picard hung up the phone. "Mother, I’m going now to Prof. Herb’s laboratory. I hope that is okay with you. I’m running over there to go get some supplies for my journey."

"Oh," began Lyndis "well, be careful on your way there, honey."

"Okay, mother, I will. See you when I get back!" shouted Picard, running out the door.

"Okay, mother, I will. See you when I get back!" shouted Picard, running out the door.

More coming in the following weeks.

DannyBoy
28th February 2004, 06:44 PM
The ideas of this are good but this is to short. 4 chapters, each chapter with a few paragraphs. I remember you writing before and the chapters were a ok lenght but these are short and they seemed a bit rushed. Why did you make 4 little chapters? Some of this is bit unoriginal like with the proffessor. I hope the others are a bit longer. I know you can do it...keep it up!