PDA

View Full Version : A Corphish Out Of Water

Shuppet Master
28th February 2004, 04:56 PM
Since there have been episode discussions before,I decided to put up one here. Discuss the episode that just aired today.

Myself,I think that it was an okay episode. I cringed when Ash was being thwarted from crossing the river,so he had to wade in and get bitten by those nasty Carvahna! :( But Corphish saved him.

It was funny how Jessie thought her Cascoon was a Silcoon and scary how everyone almost drowned in those cages!

Anyone else want to say anything?

greensam88
28th February 2004, 11:56 PM
Well, I think that it was funny when Team Rocket teased Brock, May, and Max because they could not get out of the cage. It was weird because they were trapped too. They really couldn't do anything about it.
I still thought that they could have sent out one of their pokeballs outside of the cage to release them. I wonder if they would be outside or inside the cage. It was also funny seeing Ash using Corphish to help break Team Rocket's cage too.
Overall, the episode was well done.
Oh yeah, It would probably be better if May and Jesse's Wurmple involved to Cascoon and Silcoon. Then it would be funny saying which one looks nicer and such.

Pewter City Geodude
29th February 2004, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by greensam88
Oh yeah, It would probably be better if May and Jesse's Wurmple involved to Cascoon and Silcoon.

And, uh, that would be exactly what happened... :rolleyes:

This was a pretty good episode. So here we have it, the Pokemon version of the stereotypical "piranha-infested waters". I wouldn't call it a filler because of the Wurmple evos, and I seem to be the only one who actually does think they fit in the episode, since it was an inevitable continuation of Misty and Jessie's ongoing fight over whose Wurmple is better. The scenes with Ash, Corphish, and the Carvanha were good, and this is a rare time we see Ash separate from the group. The ep kinda made it seem like Carvanha were vicious and would actually eat Ash and Corphish if they had the chance. At least that's the impression I got. It looks like Corphish understands Ash better now after seeing how much he worked to save it. And TR actually had an original trap idea, kudos to them...but less because it backfired again. :P Again, not often we see situations in the main anime where the lives of both people and Pokemon are in danger, kudos to the writers for including that in this episode. TR's motto was weirdly funny, and James hinted that they were only wearing the claws because they couldn't afford full costumes. :P Not one of the best eps ever, but solid overall.

7.5/10

AKA Pokemon Fan
1st March 2004, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Pewter City Geodude
The ep kinda made it seem like Carvanha were vicious and would actually eat Ash and Corphish if they had the chance. At least that's the impression I got.
And yet when they actually attacked Ash they rammed him rather than biting him, which makes me think they just were being territorial. And was it me or did they keep their Japanese voices?

It was sweet how Ash was talking in his sleep at Corphish's bedside and Corphish tenderly bonked him on the head without even waking him up. :D

*Meowth and James compare Jessie and May's evolved Wurmples* : "Okay..."

Zak
1st March 2004, 11:38 PM
Funny... I honestly admit, I had NO idea about her not knowing it was a Cascoon, lol. I'm sure James knew, though... boy is she gonna be POed when it becomes Dustox.

Anyways, the Carvanha were a little too dull. I would have wanted to see some actual attacks from these, and I'm surprised Ash didn't comment about their Rough Skin.

7/10. If it were not for the evolutions, this episode would have been a complete waste.

Btw, anyone know why no new ep next week?

~Zak

Water Pokemon Master
6th March 2004, 02:11 AM
I just saw the episode earlier today and I thought it was great. I can't wait to see what happens when Jesse figures out her Cascoon is a Silcoon (or is it the other way around).

I give it a:
9.4902834874021 / 10

Whatever happened with Wurmple's PHD?