PDA

View Full Version : Anyone who wants to fight(Need ref also!)

PojoPooka
12th January 2003, 05:03 PM
2 Pokemon each
1 at a time
48 hr DQ
Indigo Stadium

Go! Growlithe!
*Pats Growlithe on head*

You send out poke and attack, then I attack. Good luck!

S-3
12th January 2003, 05:23 PM
I'll accept ur challenge Go Mr.aqua[Wooper(m)]

Use water gun, then i suggest that u use headbutt and finish that dog by a buble beam attack !

Water gun~Headbutt~Buble Beam

The_Missing_Link
12th January 2003, 06:11 PM
Fine, I'll ref. I have 1 rule though

1) Do not SPAM and ask every hour when I'm going to ref. I have a 3-4 day span of reffing but that's when I'm busy so I'll do it consistently

hmm, someone from Pojo. hehe, I'm a vet from there so respect, man

S-3
12th January 2003, 06:39 PM
It'll be Grrrrrrrrrrrrreat !

So isn't it PojoPooka's turn to attack?!

PojoPooka
12th January 2003, 09:35 PM
Sorry everyone, I had to get off and then TPM went down for a bit...

Anyway:

Growlithe, use your DoubleTeam to avoid the attacks. A nice SunnyDay would help here. Follow that up with a final DragonBreath!

The_Missing_Link
13th January 2003, 03:12 PM
Round 1

Growlithe:100%
Double Team~Sunny Day~Dragonbreath

Mr. Aqua:100%
Water Gun~Headbutt~Bubblebeam

Facing each other on the opposites sides of the field, the 2 rookies go at it in one of their first battles. Taking out their respected Pokeballs, they launch them onto the field. Out of one appears a Wooper, skipping side to side and just happy to be out. Out of the other ball reveals the playful, but protective Growlithe, who's far from happy to see Wooper. With the orders given, the ref throws down her flag to begin the match.

Glaring hard, Aqua waits a few moments before sucking in air and releasing a torrent of water. Prepared, Growlithe splits into 4 in time for the water gun to miss. Slamming into one of the clones, it goes out with a wink, causing Aqua to frown with disappointment. With some protection on his side now, Growlithe sits and looks up at the sun. Almost looking like he's ready to howl, he instead grumbles a choice prayer while bathed in a red-orange light. Ignoring his actions, Aqua lowers his head and chooses one of the Growlithes. Running through, he instead catches another clones and trips, falling flat onto his face. Not even realizing what Aqua did, Growlithe finishes his prayer and looks back at Aqua while the sky changes. From the partly cloudy day it is appears the sun, brightly shining upon both of the battlers. Not even phased by the sun as he starts to release more slime to cool his body, Aqua sucks in more air and releases dozens of tiny, little bubbles. Although hitting Growlithe and the clone, causing it to phase away, the fire puppy is barely hindered by the water, rather enjoying it to a certain extent. All pleasures aside though, Growlithe bears down and finally goes on the offensive, releasing a long, thin minty green flame at Aqua. Washing over his body, he cries out in pain as it does its job. Soon enough, the round is over, leaving the battlers very much able to fight some more:

Mr. Aqua:88%
Growlithe:94%

Sunny Day for 3 more rounds

S-3
13th January 2003, 03:25 PM
Ok pojopooka ur turn to attack ! Mr.Aqua am sorry well get that hotdog for good!

PojoPooka
13th January 2003, 03:36 PM
Note: I am not a rookie overall, just a rookie to this league ^^'''

Growlithe, Agility to up your speed and avoid his attacks.
DragonRage him. If he uses RDance at any time(before or after this attack), SunnyDay it away. If he doesn't, another DragonBreath!

Agility~DragonRage~SunnyDay/DragonBreath

S-3
13th January 2003, 03:58 PM
Note aswell: i didn't say ur a rookie i just want to keep it alive coz i see alot of fights are dying , thats all !

Ok lets get dirty :D
Mr.Auqa Use double team put out ur own clones urself, Counter His dragon breath with a huge Whirlpool then Use to finish this round by using Dig .

Double Team~Whirlpool~Dig

PojoPooka
13th January 2003, 04:01 PM
I was refering to the ref saying these two "noobies" ^^
Nothing big, I am not mad, dun worry :yes:

S-3
13th January 2003, 06:01 PM
Okay

PojoPooka
14th January 2003, 12:31 PM
Oh, by the way, those were good, and evil attacks, but how do you plan to get the water to use WPool? Would Wooper just shoot out all that water? In the PASBL, we need a water mass nearby to use it.... I am not sure how it works here though

S-3
14th January 2003, 04:47 PM
It works the same way here , but i forgot about that , :D anyway
when T_M_L refs she'll think of something like this: " And now Mr.aqua is looking for water to make his whirlpool attack, oh wait there is no water mr.aqua becomes very angery at his trainer S-3 and S-3 *sweetdrops* but Auqa will carry on with the next attack and will go underground evading the dragonbreath attack(maybe)" .

Well it's my mistake i forgot a bout but Whats the arena like anyway :D

P/S ahwell...

The_Missing_Link
14th January 2003, 05:45 PM
Actually, I have 2 other rules to go alongside my first one

2) DO NOT come up of a way to try to persuade me or any of the refs to ref it your way. I perfectly know well that there is no water around and whirlpool won't work

3) When you guys want to talk to each other, use a PM. I've seen you guys post side conversations which is really annoying and spammy

Indigo Stadium is a normal stadium. A clay arena surrounded by Pokemon fans

S-3
14th January 2003, 05:58 PM
Thy shall not repeat thee actions that i made !

Overall sorry and i was not per

S-3
14th January 2003, 06:04 PM
Thy shall not repeat thee actions that i made !

Overall sorry and i was not persuading anyone if u understood it like that i was explaining to PojoPooka how it well work SENCE i've made a mistake, Once again

My Great sweet sorrow's are haunting me for thy i have made thee think of me such to persuade another !

P/S i've recently finished (again) hamlet, the tempest,Mcbeth, As you like it for my favorate Writer Shakespeare :D 8)

PojoPooka
15th January 2003, 02:30 PM
I wasn't trying to sway the ref, I really didn't know :yes:

The_Missing_Link
15th January 2003, 05:56 PM
Round 2

Growlithe:94%
Agility~Dragon Rage~Sunny Day/Dragonbreath

Mr. Aqua:88%
Double Team~Whirlpool~Dig

Nodding stiffly to show his understanding, Growlithe tenses his muscles for a second before flying around the arena, a blur to most of the people. Darting here and there, he starts to confuse Aqua who manages to split into 4 separate beings, although the real one being Aqua himself. After watching Growlithe move around for awhile, he starts to get impatient and yells out insults at the fire dog. Stopping immediately, Growlithe barks a seemingly rude reply to the Wooper, causing them to get into an argument. Only the yells by their trainers calms them down and urges them to use their strategies.

Backing up a few steps, Wooper begins to drain the water out of the earth and send it straight at Growlithe. However, the hard clay arena and below is completely bare of any moisture, not a promising situation for any water Pokemon. Growlithe laughs at Aqua's foolishness and opens his mouth. Like before, green flames grow from within, but this is a turquoise green. Any importance? Not really. Anyway, staring hard at Aqua and his clones, he looks at one and releases the larger and thicker flame. As he sort of suspected, it passes through one of the clones and disappears with a flicker.

Disappointed but optimistic, Growlithe opens his mouth to reveal the familiar minty green flame to try again. Starting to dig furiously, Aqua's clones follow suit, confusing Growlithe. Choosing one of the Woopers, he expels the green flames. Unfortunately, it strikes a clone which blinks away in a flash. Aqua gives a brief smile being going under, despite the fact that his clones are still above him. Not knowing where Aqua is, Growlithe prances around in nervousness, trying to dodge an unseen force. Suddenly, Aqua pops up and rams into Growlithe from below. Flying into the air, the puppy cries out in vain for help, but none is given as he falls to the ground. Landing with a hard slap, he murmurs in pain while Aqua walks back into his mix of clones, making it hard for Growlithe to distinguish him again:

Growlithe:81%
Mr. Aqua:84% 1 clone

Sunny Day for 2 more rounds

Edit: Ok, changed it

S-3
15th January 2003, 06:28 PM
Nice work Mr.Aqua*hugs mr.Aqua* anyway Sence PojoPooka went first last time then its my turn right !

Well anyway here are the attacks(if not my turn then use these attacks):-

Mr.Auqa Another double team to confuse the hotdog, after that i wantcha to use a mighty Earthqauke ,and finish that hotdog by using A big water gun !!

~Double Team~Earthqauke~WaterGun~

PojoPooka
15th January 2003, 08:30 PM
Actually, Growlithe CAN learn DragonRage in Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow, but I will let that go...

Growlithe, allow him to creat more clones. As he does so, get at an angle where Swift will hit all the clones(such as to the clones right or left)
Then, jump into the sky and land on Wooper as he tries EQ with a BodySlam. That way he doesn't have time to pound the ground.
Follow it up by biting his mouth shut with Crunch, so that his lungs burst from the water being backed up in his mouth and chest.

The_Missing_Link
15th January 2003, 10:05 PM
O_O; Sorry, a bad moment just came through. It always happens, I guarantee you. I'll edit it right away and I doubt it'll make much of a difference so that's ok

S-3
16th January 2003, 06:47 PM
Just for the record I CAN'T USE SURF here right?

The_Missing_Link
16th January 2003, 07:10 PM
You can use it during rain dance, but it will be a very small wave

The_Missing_Link
17th January 2003, 07:52 PM
Round 3

Growlithe:81%
Swift~Body Slam~Crunch

Mr. Aqua:84% 1 clone
Double Team~Earthquake~Water Gun

Annoyed by the fact that Aqua has mixed in with his teammates and can't be pinpointed at all, he further gets frustrated as Aqua smiles sweetly and prodcues 3 more clones of himself, coming to a total of 5 Woopers. Not able to take it anymore without going beserk, Growlithe opens his mouth and releases a dozen or so heat-seeking stars. The white, flourescent missiles home in on Aqua and his gang and tear through all of them, making them disappear in an instant. Aqua gets the rest of the beating a winces as small, shallow cuts open up along his body. Not exactly too thrilled with his advantage suddenly gone, Aqua slowly looks at Growlithe and gives him the evil glare, a look that promises a bloody battle.

Unsettled by Aqua's death look, Growlithe wonders how he could be so mad after a swift attack. Uncomprehensible to him, he ponders before he hears a rumbling below the earth. All of a sudden, rocks from below start bursting up and all over the arena. Getting hit by a nasty size boulder, Growlithe goes down before spotting Aqua in the middle, smiling smugly. Growling low, he springs up and jumps quickly into the air, dodging some of the rocks. Barking madly, he slams down hard on Aqua, causing him cry out hoarsely, due to the air being knocked out. Pushing down harder with his paws, Growlithe glares at Aqua while he has his eyes closed, trying to breathe.

In the death clutch, Growlithe makes his move and opens his mouth. Revealing sharp fangs, he digs them into Aqua's throat, keeping him from using a water gun. Stunned at Growlithe's actions, the crowd sits silently as Aqua cries out in pure suffering. Only a yell from his trainer causes Growlithe to let go, aware that his Pokemon has done too much to the Wooper. Still laying down, blood spurts out everywhere onto the field as Aqua stares up silently, woozy and scared as Growlithe looks around wildly, crazed and dangerous:

Growlithe:64% Crazed
Mr. Aqua:44% Crying, heavily bleeding

Sunny Day for 1 more round

PojoPooka
18th January 2003, 12:39 PM
While he is down, Growlithe, lunge your teeth into his eyes with a Crunch again!
Don't stop there, emediatly, while he is pain from another crunch, open his neck wound up more, ripping at it savagely, with another Crunch!
I don't see how he could move at this point, with how much blood he has lost. But if he can, Crunch his neck again and hurl him threw the air!

S-3
18th January 2003, 04:39 PM
Oh no Aqua is bleeding *gets mad*

Aight lets show this Dog some water, Use rain dance to fill the area with water ,then use Dig then use SURF.

~Rain Dance~Dig~Surf :D

PojoPooka
18th January 2003, 09:11 PM
I have an honest question(I am new, I don't know much):

Wouldn't RaiNDance just make SunnyDay be no longer in play, and not start a downpore?

The_Missing_Link
18th January 2003, 09:22 PM
It's really up to the ref's decision, but I think all of us ref it as rain dance starting the downpour

When rain dance is used right after sunny day, I ref it as clouds are blocking the sun, but no rain falls down. In this case, the sun has been out long enough so that rain dance can properly work

The_Missing_Link
19th January 2003, 02:21 PM
Round 4

Growlithe:64% Crazed
Crunch x3

Mr. Aqua:44% Crying, heavily bleeding
Rain Dance~Dig~Surf

Outraged and stunned at the same time, the crowd stares out silently as Growlithe is ordered to crunch into Aqua's neck again, some quietly crying and covering their eyes to avoid the carnage. As Aqua cries out more and more, he manages to focus long enough to glow a brilliant royalblue and cry up at the heavens. Almost immediately, thunder crashes in the distance, causing Growlithe to look up in surprise, his face covered in blood. Moving rapidly, the clouds cover the sun and little by little, water comes rushing down, soaking the dry, hard ground. As heavy sheets starts to come down more and more, blood starts to wash away from Growlithe's face and Aqua's neck. It also turns the ground into fine, slick mud, a future problem for both of the Pokemon.

As the rain refreshes Aqua, he feels better enough to force Growlithe off of him and slowly gets up. Although blood is still coming out, it's barely visible due to the gushing downpour. Turning around, Aqua starts to kick up mud and grime to dig his hole. The already uncomfortable puppy is unable to do his work as mud flies in his face as Aqua goes on the underground. Getting slapped down, Growlithe growls and gets up, starting to dodge the flying mud. But he's too late as when he gets to the hole, Aqua is already gone. Barking insanely, he is helpless to do anything until Aqua comes up from the same spot and rams into his head. Flying backwards, Growlithe lands hard on the mud and slides back a bit, getting his shaggy coat even more dirty.

Wicked pissed off now (from Boston, don't sue me), Growlithe sees red and tears at Aqua. Afraid at Growlithe's determination to kill, he stands helpelessly as he plunges and grabs him by the throat again. Tossing him up high into the air, Growlithe watches with satisfaction as Aqua starts to fall to a painful destruction. Unfortunately, he doesn't notice a a wave big enough to do some considerable damage behind him and cries out in sudden pain as the icy cold water plunges over his body. Soaking him to the core, Growlithe washes away as Aqua lands hard on the mud, not damaged much more due to the mud softening his blow. As the onlookers watch, Aqua continues to sit, feeling a bit woozy from using a bit too much energy and Growlithe getting up, pissed off at not being able to complete his mission:

Growlithe:39% Uncomfortable and dirty
Mr. Aqua:14% Feeling woozy, still bleeding a bit

Rain Dance for 3 more rounds

PojoPooka
19th January 2003, 07:38 PM
I just wanted to say that was a great reffing ^^

"Growlithe, just hang in a bit longer, your doing fine pal"

The_Missing_Link
19th January 2003, 09:25 PM
Thanks. Compliments on my reffing don't occur too often. In fact, I think your compliment is the first ^_^

PojoPooka
20th January 2003, 10:42 AM
If you have the time, could you visit that 2 people on 2 people match I am having(Aipom67 started the topic) and take it as referee? We still need one, and if you aren't too busy, I would like you to ref it ^^

The_Missing_Link
20th January 2003, 06:42 PM
I'm sorry, I don't/can't ref tag team battles. Don't have the experience

The_Missing_Link
22nd January 2003, 03:19 PM
Well, it's been 2 days and S-3 has gone past the DQ time so I declare PojoPooka the winner, unless he wants to wait for S-3 to come back

PojoPooka
23rd January 2003, 03:24 PM
Ya, I wanna DQ him. Sorry dude ^^''''

So, he is DQed. And, for such a great job, I am evolving Growlithe for taking on a water type so well.

*growlithe glows, and grows into a cool Arcanine*

"WOW!"