PDA

View Full Version : Netbattle 386 Team

AndyPants
29th February 2004, 04:47 PM
Just here to get imput on my team, i made it on the fly in netbattle and so far i'm 4-0. Suggestions are welcome

Electabuzz @ Leftovers
Timid
EV's: 6 HP, 252 Speed, 252 SA
-Fire Punch
-Ice Punch
-Thunder
-Substitute

This guy works well, it usually takes out 2 or 3 guys itself. I'll substitute first move, then i'll just keep attacking.

Hitmonlee @ Salac Berry
Jolly
EV's: 10 HP(243), 248 Attack(338), 252 Speed(300)
-Earthquake
-Hi Jump Kick
-Endure
-Reversal

He's pretty good, Earthquake and Hi Jump Kick take care of many overused pokemon, the only one i've had a problem with is Misdreavus, but that's rare. Endure/Reversal/Salac combo i haven't used but it's there for lack of anything better. It may come in handy sometime.

Medicham @ Choice Band
Jolly
EV's: 6 HP(262), 252 Attack(219), 252 Speed(284)
-Hi Jump Kick
-Rock Slide
-Shadow Ball
-Double-Edge

His trait gives him amazing attack, and the choice band helps it too(giving him a 650+ attack). I already have another fighting physical attacker, but he works too well to lose him.

Umbreon @ Chesto Berry
Admant
EV's: 252 HP(394), 136 Attack(220), 122 Speed(196)
-Toxic
-Rest
-Shadow Ball
-Curse

My plan for him is to just stall the game and toxic the other guy to death. I haven't even used him in-battle yet so a substitute would be fine to get rid of team weaknesses.

Venomoth @ Leftovers
Timid
EV's: 50 HP(293), 252 Speed(306), 208 SA(268)
-Double Team
-Giga Drain
-Psychic
-Sleep Powder

Kind of weak compared to others, but he works well nonetheless. I just put people to sleep, DT, and then attack. It owned Muk and Swampert, but it has a problem vs Blissey, it ended up in a complete stall because of natural cure, but blissey didn't even touch it due to max evade.

Clamperl @ DeepSeaTooth
Modest
EV's: 252 HP(274), 252 SPAttack(271), 6 SPDefense(147)
-Confuse Ray
-Ice Beam
-Substitute
-Surf

Weak, but when it's put in against a sleeping/paralyzed/confused opponent it will destroy it with it's 500+ SPA. Kind of experimental, but it's worked pretty well so far.

Also, the team has only one 3x weakness(Flying), and Medicham and Electabuzz can take care of those. There are 2x weaknesses to Electric, Rock, and Ground. I have no pokemon with weaknesses to the following types: Water, Poison, Steel, Dark, Dragon. Resistances are well distributed, with a 3x fighting resistance and 2x Dark, Steel, Rock, Psychic resistances.