PDA

View Full Version : Cartoon Network has Lost It!

EVme15
12th January 2003, 05:13 PM
Yeah, CN has really screwed up big-time in the past week. First off, their Saturday Adult Swim is as follows:
11: Zoids ZERO
11.5: Zoids ZERO
12: GI Joe
12.5: GI Joe
1: Batman Beyond
1.5: Batman Beyond
At this point, I had lost all respect for CN. But guess what? It gets worse. As I type this, Hamtaro is on. Yeah. *shudders* I hope they didn't screw up the weekday lineup... Now that would make them hit an ultimate low.

Darkmaster Kagemusha
12th January 2003, 07:21 PM
I know, that pissed me off. Last week I turned to CN to watch some Inuyasha and Cowboy Bebop, but no, Char's Counter Attack was on all freakin' night :o. Then I turned to CN last night to watch Inuyasha and Cowboy Bebop, but no, they got rid of it for the stupidest shows I've seen (I don't watch the other stupid ones). I am going to be E-mailing them :mad:

Classic Blow Me Up GM
12th January 2003, 07:57 PM
It's all about the money. They could care less weither one person enjoyed it or not, if it isn't profitable then why air it? GI Joe, Batman, Zoids... Most likely cheaper replacements for the block.

They also might have been disturbed at the number of people under 18 watching the block. That's most likely why they put it on weekday nights, when kids have school the next day. Clever of them, isn't it?

I'm not defending Cartoon Network. Hell, I still mad about them taking off Mobile Suit Gundam...again. But you have to look at it from a company's point of view.

GoldenDragonite
12th January 2003, 09:54 PM
They also might have been disturbed at the number of people under 18 watching the block. That's most likely why they put it on weekday nights, when kids have school the next day. Clever of them, isn't it?

I believe this was the reason. They gave warnings before the shows that the content was not suitable for kids under the age of 18 (though some of it was no worse than some Simpsons stuff :-P) But still, i bet some parents wrote to CN and complained ~_~. I myself can't watch Yu Yu Hakusho anymore, and I loved that show. (sorry, taping is out of the question) I believe they are airing Trigun too in the weekday lineup..

SAMAS
12th January 2003, 10:48 PM
This is stupid! We finally get InuYasha, Yu Yu Hakusho, and Lupin III, among others, on weekdays, plus the return of Zoids: New Century Zero, and you're
complaining???

Rei_Zero
12th January 2003, 10:51 PM
YuYu Hakusho had nothing bad in it!! If your parents can't see that I don't know what they can see (no offence intended). The only show they can complain about would be Coyboy Bebop and possibly Trigun and Inuyasha (haven't seen them since we moved and switched cable services so I don't get CN anymore:( )

Red Angel
13th January 2003, 12:24 AM
It's all about the money... remember... the purpose of (most) networks isn't to show anime (or whatever else), it's to show adverisements... anime (or whatever else) is just there as filler so that we'll watch the ads... if you actually want good, dependable anime sources, you've (usually) gotta buy the series on tape/DVD, or watch fansub...

Now that I've shattered all your dreams, have a nice day :wave: ...

Pokemon Neo
13th January 2003, 11:50 AM
Um,it's not like they cancelled them.Inuyasha,Yu-Yu Hakusho and Cowboy Bebop can now be seen Monday-Thursday nights.Check your local listings.Although,I do think it's time for Cowboy Bebop to take a break.I swear they've shown the whole series at least 20 times since it aired on CN.I think they should replace it with Gundam Wing Uncut or the 08th MS Team.

lugia222
13th January 2003, 06:28 PM
If you like watching the most corny thing in the universe so you can laugh until no end, watch GI Joe. If you like good quality anime, ***** to your hearts content. I never really watched the Adult Swim anyway, so I'm impartial, although Inuyasha was a very good anime.

DarkTemplarZero
13th January 2003, 09:25 PM
Zoids, GI Joe, and Batman, Adult Swim? WTF? What is wrong with them? Those shows belong on the same block as Baby Looney Toons, except Zoids. So of course, I really don't watch AS.

Real One Barunson
13th January 2003, 10:52 PM
Yeah the taking away of the JA-PA-NESE. Adult Swim made me mad. If I had a weapon I would harm those bastards who took away Saturday Adult Swim:mad:. I was all WTF MAN:o!!!??? Dang they really jacked off this time. I bet some snobby parents sued the CTN people because the children were watching those *nasty* programs omg man I am 11 and I watch Adult Swim. Whenever I hear the warning I laugh for 1 minute. Child says, "Ooh look at the warning Jason this one must be really good!"

The tournament Zoids is okay but Chaotic Century OWNZ the Tournament one.

GI Joe makes me laugh sometimes, and no one ever gets killed. The reason of that is because the show is for 6-10 yr old children. They do not want to promote the violence so why make it aboout that.

And Batman? Lol no one watches that anymore sheesh. Why did they do that?

I already sent hoardes of copy and pasted e-mails to CTN but the Bureaucratic Commies probably wont read all of them lmao.

My hard-earned weekends are just jakked up now. LupinIII will be on in 15mins but they already did YuYu Hakusho they showed the whole thing 6 times.:no:

Let's get in our Mobile Suits everyone, the time to revolt is now!!!
*starts flying to the Evil Commienazi CTN fortress in DarkPsycho Tetra Gundam MarkIV*

EDIT: There are children here lol.

SAMAS
14th January 2003, 09:46 AM
Are you even listening?

Cartoon Network is not getting rid of it's Adult Swim Anime!!! They simply moved most of it to Monday-Thursday evenings!!!

Shadow-Fox
14th January 2003, 05:51 PM
We read the first time.

And that's what makes it harder for me.

I have school, Mondays-Fridays, like everybody else in America. The only thing that got me through the week was the knowledge Shippou's cheery attitude, Yusuke and Kuwabara's squabbles, and the comical stylings of Ed, were always there on Saturday. And I have a lot to do during the week. Hell, I fell asleep during Inu Yasha last night. I never did that before, and the episode was plenty action-packed.

To put it lightly, I was extremely mad to find out they moved Inu Yasha, Yu Yu Hakusho, and Cowboy Bebop. As if most of the viewers don't have school in the morning...

EVme15
14th January 2003, 06:59 PM
Yeah, now I have a tape that eats up 3 extra hours... What CN also didn't realize: sure, the school the next morning will discourage many veiwers they thing are underaged... BUT WTF ABOUT THE ADULTS WITH WORK?!?!?! Hello, kid's aren't the only one's who need to get out of their bed at 5-7 in the morning! Adults have work, too! And what about the poor peoples who have KEPT THE 18+ AGE THING TO THEMSELVES, AWAY FROM THEIR PARENTS, SINCE APRIL!?!?!?! I've been keeping track of that, I've been watching it, and not once yet has my father found out about the blood/swears/pervertness/warning lable! (Ok, there was that one time when he turned on the TV after coming home from a date and it was set to CN, but that was like at 1AM.) I've been working hard as I could to keep it all in, so I could keep watching it. After all, I have only a few more years to go until I'm 18! And guess what else?
I don't go around slicing people with knives pretending they are swords...
I don't go around swearing at people (actually, I'm probably the only American over 13 who hasn't sworn once in English...)
I don't go stripping...
I don't go "touching"...
I DON'T MIMICK THE STUPID BEHAVIOR THEY'RE KEEPING US FROM! SO MOVE IT BACK TO SATURDAYS!
The only good thing that came out of this is now I have 4 eps. of Inu Yasha a week instead of 2.
This has been my rant of the day. I'm happy now.

Mister Mew
14th January 2003, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Pokemon Neo
Um,it's not like they cancelled them.Inuyasha,Yu-Yu Hakusho and Cowboy Bebop can now be seen Monday-Thursday nights.Check your local listings.Although,I do think it's time for Cowboy Bebop to take a break.I swear they've shown the whole series at least 20 times since it aired on CN.I think they should replace it with Gundam Wing Uncut or the 08th MS Team.

The day they replace Cowboy Bebop with any Gundum series is the day I will stop watching CN. Gundum wing is only a mildly interesting show (only two of the series' are, I should say [8th MS and G Gundum]) which, overall, is less than mediocer(sp) and could never come close to matching up with Bebop. Replacing Bebop, even though it's been played to te point of being boring for those who arn't diehard fans, with anything CN has right now would be a severe mistake. Perhaps if they were to get one of the Bubblegum Crisis series' (just saw the first 6 episodes of BC Tokyo 2040 and thought it was great) then they could pull Bebop, but not until then.

I also was Lupin III for the first time yesterday and am watching it now and I must say, I am thoughly disappointed. The show, so far, does not match the wonderful things I heard about it. Hopefully Trigun and the third series CN recently accuired will be better.

As for the new Adult SH*T.. let's just say I would love to get my hands on the chairmen who approved that travesty and beat them with a lead pipe for a few hours. That little stunt of theirs makes putting Powerpuff Girls on Toonami or GI Joe on Midnight Run look like small oopsies.

SAMAS
15th January 2003, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Mister Mew
The day they replace Cowboy Bebop with any Gundum series is the day I will stop watching CN. Gundum wing is only a mildly interesting show (only two of the series' are, I should say [8th MS and G Gundum]) which, overall, is less than mediocer(sp) and could never come close to matching up with Bebop. Replacing Bebop, even though it's been played to te point of being boring for those who arn't diehard fans, with anything CN has right now would be a severe mistake. Perhaps if they were to get one of the Bubblegum Crisis series' (just saw the first 6 episodes of BC Tokyo 2040 and thought it was great) then they could pull Bebop, but not until then.

...Riiight... The fact remains that as cool as Bebop is, I haven't willingly seen all but a few episodes because I'm flat-out tired of seeing it all the time. And frankly, I don't care if they decide to replace it with Hamtaro, as long as they give the series a rest. I personally would love to see them bring back a Gundam series, preferably Mobile Suit Gundam.

I also was Lupin III for the first time yesterday and am watching it now and I must say, I am thoughly disappointed. The show, so far, does not match the wonderful things I heard about it. Hopefully Trigun and the third series CN recently accuired will be better.

What things have you heard about, and which Lupin series, for that matter? Lupin III was first put into Manga and anime form in the '60s, and they still make movies today.

I personally loved the episode, even if it was a bit toned down from the manga. I mean, Lupin didn't even get the chance to sleep with Fujiko this time(In the manga, he bedded her by the end of her first appearance)! Of course, in the Manga, Lupin can kill an entire room full of guards and leave their corpes still standing at attention...

Eyedolize
15th January 2003, 05:49 PM
I agree with the fact that CN has gone a bit too far. First, the warning label is restrcited to only to the people of the age of 18 and up. Wrong, I think it should be 16, since it's more of an adequate age to my own opinion. If it were for 18 and up, it would contain alot more explicit content, in which I've have not seen so far.
Another thing that CN has done bad is putting Toonami cartoons in the Adult Swim block, and labeling it as mature programming.
Yah, and next day I'll put Elmo as one of the Adult Swim shows because he's red, and represents the color of the devil.
Heh, maybe CN would do that too, just to piss off the great viewers they have for their anime shows.
Other then that, even if they have Adult Swim in the weekdays showing them at a late time, I'm still watching it, so whatever CN tries to pull off it won't work against me (unless they remove Adult Swim, then I'll go mentally insane).
Other then that, the shows themselves are good. While Lupin III may have not been all that great, its somewhat a show that's worth seeing every once in a while. Regardless that its old, it might've been a great anime back at its time, I guess 1980's perhaps ?
Other then that, that's pretty much all I have to say :)

GoldenDragonite
16th January 2003, 04:01 PM
Question here: Did they really put a warning on the toonami shows that are on at 10:00? O_O

EVme15
16th January 2003, 06:36 PM
Answer here: Yes. We have Zoids 0, BB, OLS, and Tenchi. All of those were on Toonami, all of those had warning lables before them on Adult Swim.

Super pika
16th January 2003, 07:27 PM
I don't care much for Batman Beond or GI goe. But I like Zoids ZERO. It's way better then Zoids Chaotic sentury. I never watched adult swim. Adult swim shoulden't even *be* on cartoonnetwork, it's a kids network. All of adult swim should move to another channal.

Eyedolize
17th January 2003, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Super pika
I don't care much for Batman Beond or GI goe. But I like Zoids ZERO. It's way better then Zoids Chaotic sentury. I never watched adult swim. Adult swim shoulden't even *be* on cartoonnetwork, it's a kids network. All of adult swim should move to another channal.

True, True...
But in what channel should they be in ?

midnightangel
17th January 2003, 09:11 PM
I have to agree with Konnix on one point....I just saw Adult Swim for the first time last Tuesday night ;o
From what I saw of the shows, it doesn't need the 18+ rating. Lupin the IIIrd, Inu Yasha, Yu Yu Hakusho, and Cowboy Bebop doesn't show any more than what the regular networks do.
In my opinion, the regular networks are worse. :rolleyes:

On a side note, from Anime News Network, we will still have Adult Swim, as they are showing another new series (Reign) 2/10/03

---------------------------------------------------
---Originally expected to start airing on January 13th, Reign will actually premier on Cartoon Network as of February 10th.

Adult Swim As of January 13th
Monday - Thursday
12:00 AM Lupin the IIIrd
12:30 AM Inu Yasha
1:00 AM Yu Yu Hakusho
1:30 AM Cowboy Bebop

Adult Swim As of February 13th:
12:00 a.m. Reign
12:30 a.m. Lupin The 3rd
1:00 a.m. Yuyu Hakusho
1:30 a.m. Cowboy Bebop

lugia222
18th January 2003, 12:40 AM
And we're also getting .hack//SIGN in February. http://schedule.cartoonnetwork.com/servlet/ScheduleServlet?action=GO&theDate=2/1/03&timeZone=EST

So CN only had a momentary lapse of sanity.