PDA

View Full Version : Path to Victory

Zeroz
2nd March 2004, 07:18 AM
Guess i'd make a trainer fic...My first try making one though,so it's not very good...

CHAPTER 1- Pokephobia

I hate pokemon. Probably the only one who does. Everyone in my town likes pokemon, those "cute" and "wonderful" creatures. They are sent from hell! I just feel disgusted everytime I see a pokemon. My eyes would be covered in water everytime i see one, as I would remember the horrible incident 9 years ago...

"Brother! Look at that!" A small girl in a neatly ironed pink dress and a hair with 2 ponytails talked to me. Her smile reassured me, as I walked closer to the little cute striped dog. As I went forward to touch him, I feel a heat wave and it burned my hand. It let off an angry growl and before I could realize what was going on, it threw itself at me and bit my leg. Blood gushed from the wound, and I screamed out in pain. Torrents of tears flowed down my cheeks. I could not describe the pain, it was more than what my weak heart could take. My sister exclaimed and kept shouting for help. It was no use, we were in an endless forest. I beared the intolerable pain for half a day before a kind man rescued me. Up till this day...I still cannot forget this incident.

Since this day onwards, I hated pokemon...

"Vul!" Something from the back cried out. I turned my head, and saw what else but a pokemon. I made a monkey face at it before turning back my head and following the path.

"vul..." I stared at the fox-like pokemon and really wanted to shut it up. Then, as I looked closer, I realized it had an injured leg. I don't know what force caused me to move towards it. It was whining in pain and continuously licked its leg. I was reminded of myself, that time when I was only 3. It was the first time I ever felt sorry for a pokemon. I picked it up and carried it all the way home, forgetting that I had to gather some plants for my school project.

"It won't be pain, bear with it for a while..." I told the little fox pokemon, as I applied some antiseptic on its injured leg. The fox had bruises all over, a bigger pokemon probably attacked it. I slowly bandaged its wound and thought about it for a while. I decided to let the pokemon stay at my house to recover before I let it into the wild. I placed it on my bedroom floor and told it to behave itself while I was gone.

A few minutes later, I found myself walking into a pokemon mart. I got some pokemon food, it was labeled "Brock's Marvelous Pokemon Food". Who's Brock anyway, I thought as I returned to the doorstep. Must be the stupid looking guy in black gelled up hair...

3 days had passed. After this incident, I found that pokemon wasn't so bad as before. They were kind by nature. The fox's original name was Vulpix, as it was the only word it could say. I went back to the forest and let it go. I couldn't bear to release it, although I knew my parents wouldn't allow me to keep it. I waved good-bye to it, and turned to the opposite direction. The Vulpix started to whine as it saw me leave, and I found it following me back to my home. I let out a sigh, and carried it back to the forest. It continued to follow me back. There was no choice, I decided to keep the Vulpix and find a good time to tell my parents about it.

"Erm...Can I keep this Vulpix as a pet?" I showed my mother the cute little fox. She stared at me and answered, "Don't tell me you want to torture it until it dies,"

After a long talk, I finally persuaded my mother. I registered in the Pokemon School to learn how to take care of Vulpix.

Hooray, today I'm going on my first lesson. I changed into my blue T-shirt and my baggy pants. I searched my whole house for a cap and I finally found one. It fitted nicely, and revealed only abit of my dark brown hair. I excitedly left the house with Vulpix. While we were walking along the dirt path, I met with a trainer, with a cute little mudkip. His spiky yellow hair was gelled up and he wore a red shirt and jacket, both of which looked far too big for him. He wore a branded cargo pants, and looked very confident, holding his head high all the time.

"Hi there," I called out to him.

"Hi,"He replied." I see you're got a rare Vulpix there,"

"Yea, i'm on my way to the Pokemon School,"

"Such a coincidence! Me too,"

"You're going to be a trainer?" I said, noticing the 3 pokeballs on his belt

"I intend to be the world's greatest trainer,"

"I don't really intend to be a trainer at all, I'm only keeping Vulpix as a pet,"

"You're missing out all the fun! Being a trainer is real fun, I've heard all kinds of fantastic things from my brother,"

"Sounds like fun," I commented.

"Anyway, forgot to introduce myself, Matt Zattew, you?"

"Oh..Rhy Razico,"

"Shall we walk together to the school?"

"Sure," I said.

After a few minutes of walking, we got to the Pokemon School. The building was huge, from what I know, Professor Oak used all his life savings to build this school. I've never met him before, but I saw him on television before, he's a pokemon geek. There were many other people who registered, and I saw many other pokemon. We socialized for a while before entering the school, to start our first lesson....

DannyBoy
2nd March 2004, 02:37 PM
This is an ok start. H had troubles with pokemon and he didnt like them. One thing is that you started strong with description and then it decreased as you continued. I like this beginning so far other than the description thing. But also work on length to. Don't got much to say but keep it up!

mistysakura
3rd March 2004, 12:52 AM
Pretty original; I always thought that some people ought to be scared of Pokemon, like some people are afraid of dogs and stuff. Your explanation of the phobia was pretty good. I agree with ILoveX-TINA, I mean ImmortalDreams about the description thing; I found the first bit where he got bitten by Growlithe (?) really good. If the rest fof the fic were like that, it would be cool. I also think that if events were added in to show Rhy's starting to like Pokemon, instead of just telling us "three days later".

Have fun writing!

Zeroz
10th March 2004, 05:46 AM
Sorry for taking so long to post..been really busy.
Thanks for both of your advice,I will keep them in mind.
About the chapter thing,chapter 2 isn't long...reason being i'm too busy...but chapter 3 will definately be longer..
so here isit,chapter 2--

The towering Pokemon School stood before the anxious trainers and
Breeders. This was the day I was going to start my course.
Soon the door opened and we happily rushed in.

I scanned the surroundings. The inside of the building was
Magnificant, there were stone statues of majestic-looking pokemon all
over, and a tablet before the statue. It showed all the information of
that particular pokemon. Other than that, the main lounge was freshly
painted and it reeked of fresh paint. There was a counter in the corner
and many chairs around. As I kept looking around, Vulpix suddenly hopped
off my hand and ran to a statue of a fox with 9 tails, attempting to
playfully claw it.

"Is that your mother?" I asked Vulpix. It looked back at me and quickly
Nodded its head. So it was going to grow into that beautiful fox, or "
Evlove" as Matt called it.

"MAY I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION,NEW STUDENTS!" A loud voice boomed through
the loudspeaker.” PLEASE REGISTER AT THE COUNTER...IMMEDIATELY!"

I tapped Matt's shoulder, which was looking at a statue of a Mudkip. We
Made our way to the counter and a young lady dressed in white greeted
Us. I surrendered my ID card and she took it to a computer with weird
flashing wave lines on them.

I didn't really know when it happened, it just suddenly did. The lights
went out. The whole place was in pitch darkness and I could make out
nothing. The room was filled with nervous voices and screams could be
heard. The room was in chaos for what seemed like a eternity before a
loud clear voice could be heard. No, make that two voices.

"Prepare for trouble!"

"And make it double!"

The lights suddenly came back. Everyone regained their consciousness and
It took them quite a while to notice two figures in the centre of the
room. One had short blue hair and the other had a weird purple hair. Both
of their shirts had the word "R".R...Team Rocket!

"Shut up, you imbeciles!” the male said.

"Surrender your pokemon and we will make sure you leave here safely...
We already planted a bomb somewhere that will ignite in 30 minutes!” the
other laughed.

"If you refuse to say, I'll make you say!” one of the students said.He
flashed out his pokeball, and there was a pink flash. A pink color dog
with two huge front teeth emerged.

"Granbull, Bite attack!” he shouted.

"Not so fast, little kid! Go,Arbok!" the female said, throwing out her own
Pokemon. A HUGE king cobra appeared. It was purple in color and reeked of
a smelly odour. "Arbok, constrict!"

The purple snake coiled around the ferocious dog and sneezed it
tightly. It immediately lost conscoiusness. The boy let out a scream and
made his pokemon return.

"Anyone else would like to try?” they laughed.Everyone put their
pokeballs back and started to look frightened.

The Arbok glared fiercely at the trainers. They immediately threw their
pokeballs towards the two figures, who put them all in a bag.

"Vul...pix!" vulpix shouted and flew out of my hand and on the ground.
It opened it's mouth and gathered a ball of flame in it. A huge blast of
flame knocked the snake out.

"No way!” the female gasped.She quickly signalled to her partner,who
immediately took out his pokeball and released a disgusting monster.
It was purple in color and looked like 3 balls of poisonous chemicals
put together.Gas poured out from it's "mouth".The smell itself made me
nasueous.

I felt like fainting,but Vulpix stood there,as though nothing had
happened.It let out another blast of fire at the monster.From the other
side of the room I could feel a strong heat wave.Smoke engulfed the
room.When the smoke cleared,The monster fell to the ground,defeated.I
looked at Vulpix and smiled.It smiled back and hopped into my arms.

"No way!"they said together.

"What about the bomb?"the male asked.

"Are you stupid!There is no bomb!"the female whispered in his ear.

The two immediately ran for the front door.We tried to stop them,but it
was too late.They had fled.

Everyone weaved a sigh of relief.It was only then I realised Vulpix's
power. This incident uncovered it's true talent. I had decided to become a Trainer.

I will be updating the fic more often...my holidays are coming soon...